Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How much did Thomas Sandgaard pay for the club

2»

Comments

• Options
    scruffle said:
    Why would Southall have been due 35%?? TS didn't buy esi, simply one of their assets
    Oooops! my mistake, so just hope he made very little then :)
  • Options
    I think a "seven figure sum" was reported. I'm hoping it's no more than £1,000,000 but the reality is, it was what it was to save our club  For that I am very grateful.
    Thanks , the cost to see off blatant criminals, otherwise masquerating as legimate businessmen.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    "Not interested in the exact figure, just ball park to the nearest £100,000 will do"
    Yes , £1 million, £1.5 million , £600,000 or £800,00 , do you get the idea.

The cost to save the club from ruin.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    He paid enough.

Now let’s move on.
    No, I am very angry, very angry indeed and so are many other fans.
  • Options
    In a way hope Southall did get £2m, so it hurts him and his Mrs more when they get an early morning knock on the door one day and everything they own gets seized under the proceeds of crime act 
    I hope so too

Southall defence will be , I agreed my actions with Nimer.

I was new CEO of Charlton Athetic and I was entitled to run the company as I pleased.

It would be very differcult to prove in court, his word against Nimer.

Remember Southall has been planning this for years.

People like him sets up a new company and whenever he is sued , he folds the company up or goes bankrupt.

He may get away with this, however he has been publically exposed 
  • Options
    Also doesn't seem fair that Southall et al get paid off, but not the ex-directors. Hopefully TS will do the right thing.
  • Options
    In a way hope Southall did get £2m, so it hurts him and his Mrs more when they get an early morning knock on the door one day and everything they own gets seized under the proceeds of crime act 
    I hope so too

I was new CEO of Charlton Athetic and I was entitled to run the company as I pleased.

People like him sets up a new company and whenever he is sued , he folds the company up or goes bankrupt.

Falsely putting through invoices has got to be against the law though hasn't it?

Would love to ask the woman behind Modish Decor, based in....... Alderley Edge, exactly what her company done for the £10k they invoices the Club for. Reckon that would be a good start
    “A passion and enthusiasm for luxury interiors is the essence of Modish Décor, a creation by Laura following the completion of her first class honours degree. Laura and her team pride themselves on their attention to detail and relaxed approach to their design service. Ensuring each project is tailored to the individual client.“

Luxury interiors? Individual client?

This definitely has nothing to do with Charlton, has to be an invoice laundered through the club. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I hope so too

Falsely putting through invoices has got to be against the law though hasn't it?

Would love to ask the woman behind Modish Decor, based in....... Alderley Edge, exactly what her company done for the £10k they invoices the Club for. Reckon that would be a good start
    “A passion and enthusiasm for luxury interiors is the essence of Modish Décor, a creation by Laura following the completion of her first class honours degree. Laura and her team pride themselves on their attention to detail and relaxed approach to their design service. Ensuring each project is tailored to the individual client.“

Luxury interiors? Individual client?

This definitely has nothing to do with Charlton, has to be an invoice laundered through the club. 
    Reckon it could be another bill the "Southall's" have settled through the Club. 

I've just requested to Follow Laura Robert's on Instagram 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at this long term, I don't see how this ends all that well. Where is TS going to get the money to keep this going? He is not really that rich. If we make it back to the economic black hole known as the Championship, where you need to lose £10M just to avoid relegation most of the time, and break FFP rules to get promoted, I just don't see him having the scratch to do this.
    According to various online sources, his net worth is just $200-300M. That's about 1/3 to 1/4 of RD. Given most of that is in stock and not liquid, I see potential cash-shortages in our near future, certainly by 2022-23. CAFC routinely loses £5-15M pounds. In just 5 years that adds up to £25-75M. That is 10-35% of his net worth down the drain. I know of no rich owner in English football who has allowed their net worth to drop like that before pulling the plug.
    And I certainly do not see TS coming up with another £40-50M for the stadium and training ground plus more needed to pay off directors. Where from?
    I love that TS saved us but he is not a fool and eventually when he sees the money losing is permanent, what happens then? I say we enjoy this while it lasts, because I am afraid it won't in its current form. At minimum he will have to bring in someone else with bigger bucks and cede control to them. Or, he falls out of love with it as fast as he fell in love with it, and moves on. This is a reprieve, not a solution.
    Put your tin hat on:)
  • Options
    Looking at this long term, I don't see how this ends all that well. Where is TS going to get the money to keep this going? He is not really that rich. If we make it back to the economic black hole known as the Championship, where you need to lose £10M just to avoid relegation most of the time, and break FFP rules to get promoted, I just don't see him having the scratch to do this.
    According to various online sources, his net worth is just $200-300M. That's about 1/3 to 1/4 of RD. Given most of that is in stock and not liquid, I see potential cash-shortages in our near future, certainly by 2022-23. CAFC routinely loses £5-15M pounds. In just 5 years that adds up to £25-75M. That is 10-35% of his net worth down the drain. I know of no rich owner in English football who has allowed their net worth to drop like that before pulling the plug.
    And I certainly do not see TS coming up with another £40-50M for the stadium and training ground plus more needed to pay off directors. Where from?
    I love that TS saved us but he is not a fool and eventually when he sees the money losing is permanent, what happens then? I say we enjoy this while it lasts, because I am afraid it won't in its current form. At minimum he will have to bring in someone else with bigger bucks and cede control to them. Or, he falls out of love with it as fast as he fell in love with it, and moves on. This is a reprieve, not a solution.
    You’ve made my night 😂😂
  • Options
    NapaAddick

Not a good outlook

However Covid cannot last forever.

Surely the owners will realise that paying players £5,£10, £15 thousand a week is unsustainable.

Players and agents are responsible for clubs going to the wall or into administration as well as owners.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    @NapaAddick

Please don't get upset or take this personally but your record on financial analysis and prediction regarding Charlton is very poor.

Your figures are often based on false information or just guesses.

It's quite legitimate to ask how Sandgaard will finance his plans but we have already heard from his own mouth that this isn't spend, spend, spend and he's also appointed a commercial manager to increase income.

Not gonna waste my time arguing with anyone. Just my opinion. Don't really care if the opinion is popular or not. I don't need approval.
  • Options
    Think how much money could have been generated if we literally hadn't given away a whole host of first team players for a pittance during Roland's reign 
  • Options
    @NapaAddick

Please don't get upset or take this personally but your record on financial analysis and prediction regarding Charlton is very poor.

Your figures are often based on false information or just guesses.

It's quite legitimate to ask how Sandgaard will finance his plans but we have already heard from his own mouth that this isn't spend, spend, spend and he's also appointed a commercial manager to increase income.

Not gonna waste my time arguing with anyone. Just my opinion. Don't really care if the opinion is popular or not. I don't need approval.
    You don't need approval ... but you got the attention you ordered. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When is the Court hearing?

Will it still go ahead. I am guessing Elliot(t) and Farnell will want the proceeds. Maybe the price will be disclosed then. 
  • Options
    You've brought up some interesting questions.  I just have this sneaky feeling, TS has already considered all of them, and more.  
  • Options
    What I’m not certain about is who actually owns the club, is it Thomas himself or is it the Sandgaard foundation, both I imagine would have different sources of funding? I’ve probably missed the answer when I was doing various laps of of the front room, hooping and hollowing like a 4 year old on Christmas Day, when the announcement was made.
  • Options
    Apart from the lawyers fees, and costs ( meetings and consultants)

How much did Thomas pay Nimber and Southall to release their grubby clutches on our Club.

A figure of £4million has been mentioned to Nimer, would this mean £2 million to Southall ?

Not interested in the exact figure, just ball park to the nearest £100,000 will do.

I would hope that Lawyers could deduct all Southall expenses from this figure (cars, flats, fees, etc). (wishful thinking)

Thank God for Thomas , we have had a very lucky escape.

Thank You Roland, your greed, nearly lost us our club.

I just watched BBC player programme about Bury FC, their fans are heartbroken, and it will be years before they can recover.

Charlton Athletic have some great fans, who will fight to the end.

KEEP IT UP

Hi Chris/Paul,

Nice try.

:- )
  • Options
    One things for sure he has a lot more behind him than the £12m declared in court by that chancer that wanted to take us over.

I take your point about him not being in the billionaire stakes, but it’s how you use your money in football that really counts. Roland could have put a lot more money in if he had chosen to do so, but more significantly he could of had much greater success for the same amount he did put in by employing people capable and experienced in running a football club.
    To be fair RD could have had much more success by putting less in! Especially in the first few years.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    One things for sure he has a lot more behind him than the £12m declared in court by that chancer that wanted to take us over.

I take your point about him not being in the billionaire stakes, but it’s how you use your money in football that really counts. Roland could have put a lot more money in if he had chosen to do so, but more significantly he could of had much greater success for the same amount he did put in by employing people capable and experienced in running a football club.
    To be fair RD could have had much more success by putting less in! Especially in the first few years.
    Completely agree. Very early days but TS seems to be making much more sensible strategic decisions with the football club. In particular with the appointments he has made and the players he has supported LB and SG getting. But more significantly to me, he realised straight away that with a club like ours, you need the supporters on side to have the best change on success.