Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Northampton v Charlton |24th October 2020

Comments

• Options
    77' Charlton's final change sees Conor Washington take the place of Jonny Williams. #NTFC 0-2 #CAFC
  • Options
    Amos claims, and almost carried the ball back over for another corner, but we're up the other end now.
  • Options
    Lincoln 1 Ipswich 0
  • Options
    Think Williams has had a better second half. Not great, but better
  • Options
    Williams looks like a distinctly average League 1 player. Sad to see. Hope his form improves if he plays a few more games
    I have said before he needs to play in the very specific right position.  He can't play there with Doughty in the team (any where other than left back).

Rightly, at the moment, Doughty plays if fit and ready to go. 
  • Options
    Washington now coming on for Williams.
  • Options
    Washington on for Williams
  • Options
    76  minutes and we play some football 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Posh jump above Hull on goal difference. We are now only five points off top spot with a game in hand.

...Lincoln going 1-0 up pushes that gap back to six...
  • Options
    Amos is excellent at claiming the ball from crosses into the box. His early distribution is better than Phillips' IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who remembers Yeovil away in 2009? 
    Singing in the rain, open end behind the goal. We weren't wet, we were totally drenched with the rain driven into our faces.
    But we didn't care.

It was a CLIT trip, if I remember.

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Think Williams has had a better second half. Not great, but better
    I'm glad he for 76 minutes in as well. Showed he can scrap when needed - I'm sure Bowyer will be happy with his contribution. 
  • Options
    Wendies 0-1 Luton 

Lincoln 1-0 Ipswich  Going top. 

• Options
    2-0 up, would have left Williams on for the game time.
  • Options
    80' Ashley-Seal stretches to toe an effort well over for the Cobblers. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #ntfc 0 #cafc 2
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Lincoln looking decent this year... eight games, six wins and only five goals conceded. Equalling us for the second best defensive record so far.
  • Options
    2-0 up, would have left Williams on for a lie down

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    76 minutes is plenty for him.
    Anymore and he will break 
  • Options
    Famewo misjudges a header due to the wind, Inniss goes across to clear and Gunter's pressure causes the forward to shoot over.
  • Options
    Like our centre backs
  • Options
    Great work by Gunter to get across and put their striker under pressure 
  • Options
    Personally think, for all the pelters he’s getting on here, Bows will be pretty happy with Williams. It’s not been an afternoon for pretty football, but he’s worked hard and definitely done his bit on the defensive side. 

He may not be the best player anymore, but he stayed with us this season when most others wanted out, has a great heart and a great work rate. Personally, I would love to find some future for him at the club in the coaching staff when his playing days are done, perhaps. Quality lad.
  • Options
    76 minutes is plenty for him.
    Anymore and he will break 

Christ I forgot he started!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Who remembers Yeovil away in 2009? 
    Singing in the rain, open end behind the goal. We weren't wet, we were totally drenched with the rain driven into our faces.
    But we didn't care.

It was a CLIT trip, if I remember.

And away at Forest "We're all wet, you're not - you're not!"
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Striker for midfielder when we're winning! Glory be ;)
    LB wanting to preserve the consecutive game run of not conceding by taking the game to the opposition’s half and easing the pressure on our defence
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!