Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Frank Bough RIP

Comments

• Options
    A Man of his time: I heard about Frank Bough's penchants about a year before the story broke in the newspaper. It sounded too outrageous for the family man Frank.

David Coleman and Frank Bough were the main presenters of sport on the BBC back in the day.

RIP to a top broadcaster.

Frank B.

• Options
    Here's F B's obituary from the BBC .. he won a football 'Blue' at Oxford amongst other achievements

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26063499
  • Options
    Regarding the BBC. Esther Rantzen ripped into them a bit. Hypocrites.

RIP Frank. He was very good.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    RIP - I liked Frank Bough. The magic of Grandstand on a Saturday, with no school, plus football to go to every other week.

Incidentally, that Charlton v Derby game from 1965 is on the Valley Pass archive. Atrocious conditions but, sadly, the only footage I've ever seen of Lenny Glover playing for Charlton, as he was just before my time. Francis Lee and (I think) the odious Gordon Taylor both playing for Bolton.
  • Options
    scum bag gutter press stick the knife into a bloke cos he got better hookers and blow than the editor
  • Options
    Poor Frank. Destroyed by the gutter press, who didn't get their comeuppance until they tried the same shit years later with Max Mosley - who, unfortunately for them, didn't give a fuck about his 'reputation' and had a shit load of money and expensive lawyers to take them to the cleaners for it. 
  • Options
    Great broadcaster. Who really gives a shit what he did behind closed doors, even if it did come as a surprise. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Poor Frank. Destroyed by the gutter press, who didn't get their comeuppance until they tried the same shit years later with Max Mosley - who, unfortunately for them, didn't give a fuck about his 'reputation' and had a shit load of money and expensive lawyers to take them to the cleaners for it. 

When Oswald Mosley and Diana Mitford are your parents, you take everything in your stride as the intelligence Max has done all his life.
    Max is a trained Barrister as well as an ex racing driver, and was determined to get revenge on the gutter press.
    Being a wealthy man, Max didn't have to have a "whip round" in case he lost the case. 
    He won the case.

Once it was established, no one is underage, Max Moseley should be able to have any hobbies he enjoys.
    As he is now 80, maybe stamp collecting or Train spotting might be more advantageous.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember him as unflappable and a broadcasting fixture when I was a kid. 
    I'd like to think his downfall wouldn't happen now, but I'm not so sure. Cocaine is illegal, but none of the other things he did were and more importantly, no one was harmed in them. Typical intolerant British media, turns a blind eye to loads of wrong 'uns for years and then destroys a man's career over stuff that was no one's business but the people involved. 
  • Options
    Shame that a brilliant talent will be remembered more for his indiscretions than his achievements - the English gutter tabloid press at their best again.

Of course, nobody at The Sun would ever dream of snorting coke or utilising sex workers....heaven forbid your honour!
    Trouble  is it is more than that...if one sets ones self up to be Mr. Clean family  man that is what you have to be. Wasn't he dressed in women's underwear whilst cavorting around. 

David Mellor was the same...vote for me , family man. Then it turns out his family  was just vehicle  for a vote.

Why blame the gutter press...the architects of these downfalls are the people themselves. 

Politicians are fair game. They try to control the lives of others so deserve to be censured and exposed when proved to be hypocritical in their own behaviour.

I wonder why Frank Bough was exposed yet there was a conspiracy of silence around the activities of Jimmy Savile, a similarly high profile figure, for decades.
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    I remember him as unflappable and a broadcasting fixture when I was a kid. 
    I'd like to think his downfall wouldn't happen now, but I'm not so sure. Cocaine is illegal, but none of the other things he did were and more importantly, no one was harmed in them. Typical intolerant hypocritical British print media, turns a blind eye to loads of wrong 'uns for years and then destroys a man's career over stuff that was noone's business but the people involved. 
    fixed it for you
  • Options
    Another BBC hypocrite pretending to be moral / family values....a pervert.  List is there....Jimmy Saville, Dave Lee Travis, Sian Williams, Victoria Derbyshire, Sue Lawley all weirdos taking moral high ground but alleged perverts.
  • Options
    Good Lord. State of these comments. 
  • Options
    NM18 said:
    Another BBC hypocrite pretending to be moral / family values....a pervert.  List is there....Jimmy Saville, Dave Lee Travis, Sian Williams, Victoria Derbyshire, Sue Lawley all weirdos taking moral high ground but alleged perverts.
    Sue Lawley??
  • Options
    NM18 said:
    Thank you Anne Widdicome. Now here’s Phil with the weather...
  • Options
    Shame that a brilliant talent will be remembered more for his indiscretions than his achievements - the English gutter tabloid press at their best again.

Of course, nobody at The Sun would ever dream of snorting coke or utilising sex workers....heaven forbid your honour!
    Trouble  is it is more than that...if one sets ones self up to be Mr. Clean family  man that is what you have to be. Wasn't he dressed in women's underwear whilst cavorting around. 

David Mellor was the same...vote for me , family man. Then it turns out his family  was just vehicle  for a vote.

Why blame the gutter press...the architects of these downfalls are the people themselves. 

David Mellor was part of a Conservative government preaching “family values” as part of John Major’s “Back to Basics” campaign - his hypocrisy was outrageous.

Moreover, any politician getting involved in drugs and prostitution is also leaving themselves vulnerable to blackmail so it is in the public interest that they be exposed.

You can also make the same argument for senior executives at publicly listed companies.

Frank Bough was a sports broadcaster on a Saturday TV show - why on earth should anyone be interested in his private life?

The idea that people in the public eye should not have a right to privacy is absurd, first of all, how do you decide if someone is even fair game?

Is Lee Bowyer fair game to have the media poking around his private life because he’s a football manager? Of course not but football managers like Paul Jewell have had the media turn them over for things that have nothing to do with their jobs.

One more thing, I work with the tabloid media every day in my work, I know exactly how they operate and they will slice and dice anyone at any time for the sheer fun of it - including you.

• Options
    NM18 said:
    What a twat!🤨🤨🤨
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NM18 said:
    Sue Lawley??
    Sian Williams? Victoria Derbyshire? Weirdos & perverts? 

Think he needs to lay off the crack... 
  • Options
    Frank Bough should have laid off the crack...
    Lawley 'fck me till I fart' legendary allegations
    Sian William's & Derbyshire alleged homewreckers

Keep paying your licence fee sheep.....FFS
  • Options
    NM18 said:
    What a twat!🤨🤨🤨
    Bell  end
  • Options
    NM18 said:

Jesus wept
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    NM18 said:

C'mon boys lets get ourselves a posse, we got a good ol lynching to organise....... 
  • Options
    NM18 said:
    Sue Lawley??
    The one that The Police did the song about?
  • Options
    This thread is great - sue lawley   ‘fuck me til I fart’ 😂
  • Options
    Blimey, @NM18 that's some conflation. So, you're linking a predatory paedophile with someone who allegedly wanted to be f*** until she farted? That's some conflation - get some perspective.
    And why do you only mention women presenters as "alleged home wreckers"? Is it not really wrecking a home if it's a bloke leaving so he can get his rocks off with someone else? Is it always the other woman's fault? And why not include Petronella Wyatt, Jennifer Arcuri and Carrie Symonds?

Reminds me of the Taliban

• Options
    NM18 said:

Special