Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO Burnley Fans

2»

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Burnley chaps.
    You're convincing yourselves that something involving Farnell and Kashashy won't be too bad.
    Please guys. If they have funds, proof of funds, proof of source of funds, and proof of ongoing funding, you need to actually see it in a way that there can be absolutely no doubt whatsoever.
    Farnell and Kashashy have seen the proof of funds at Burnley Football Club. They have seen your player assets, sell on promises, season ticket goodwill, TV money, parachute payments if relegated, physical infrastructure and more. They know what they can get out of you, are you sure you know what you can get out of them?
    Don't fantasise, don't be in denial, don't believe words, ensure beyond any doubt they're kosher.
    They are not.
    I think that you're wasting your time Seth, "Farnell is only a lawyer, what can he do to us" "Why would they want to invest 200m in us if they had bad intentions" "Farnell has only gone into clubs that were already basket cases etc etc" For their sake you have to hope the Premier league block them.
    Good point CharltonBob, you can only repeat yourself so many times
    before you feel you are bashing your head against the proverbial wall,
    if someone doesn't want too listen to well meaning fans, the same fans
    who have suffered at their hands for so long, then what can be done.
    We can only hope that some of them actually listens, and maybe they can
    take up arms when the inevitable happens
    WE can only wish them the best of luck, because they are sure to need it
    at some point in time
    Well it was the same with us really when the Belgian took over, SL supporters warned us, he sold a lot of players & replaced them with cheaper inferior players but a lot of our fan base could only read "Belgian billionaire" & of course the majority of us were taken in by ESI until mouthalls 1st interview when he lied about the Valley & training ground & it was all downhill from there & as Stig has pointed out, most football fans don't have much idea of what is going on at other  football clubs. Surprised tho with Bury being on their doorstep that they just seem to accept whatever they're told. Let's just be grateful that we have such a tremendous fan base.
    True, we were, well a lot of us were taken in by all the hype and hope
    of salvation and the promised land, so there you go while we have had
    to go through the pain and suffering of all the crooks and charlatans 
    involved, only to find out the truth, then i am afraid Burnley by the
    sound of it will no doubt follow the same path.
    All we can do really is wish them well for the future, and just hope
    the penny drops before too much damage is done, and at the same
    time hope that the EPL deal with this better than the EFL
  • Options
    CAST have made good contacts with some good people there, including someone high up in the club. (thanks to a Charlton person who may not wish to be publicly ID'ed). Dossiers are being forwarded...
    Good to hear 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    CAST have made good contacts with some good people there, including someone high up in the club. (thanks to a Charlton person who may not wish to be publicly ID'ed). Dossiers are being forwarded...
    Yes I saw yesterday that some contact had been made & good to see someone high up at the club as well but the general feeling on two forums that I have read has been, lets stick our head up our arse & wait to see what happens.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Anyone would think they picked the wrong club when they decided upon Charlton
     :D 

we don’t forget 
  • Options
    And I have learnt from one of our new Burnley contacts that James Fletcher, Farnell's go-to PR berk (Onside PR) is already active, trying to tell Burnley media that all this stuff about Farnell is horrible lies. If anyone should come across him on social media, do put him right, and share the love on this thread.

I'm just wondering when "John Burke" will be wheeled out..so far he is sticking to his regular Man Utd related guff, but again do post on here if you see him starting to tweet Burnley related spin.