Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Smart TV - choice of 2.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like it's got up be the LG option then. 

I certainly wont be getting a sound bar or any other "enhancements". Its only me who watches the tv (apart from Golfie Jnr when the footies on) and I mainly watch terrestrial programmes & a few films, but nothing that I need the "cinema experience" for. Living room is approx 18 x 12 so I'll stick to a 50" screen that will fit on the tv cabinet & wont dominate the room. 

Thanks everyone. Mind made up.

Just before you order, I've just seen this in one of the reviews. If it's correct and this matters to you (it would me) then it might be worth noting: Beware: This TV does NOT have the basic UK TV apps, nor can you install them. The IPTV content appears to be mainly Russian and Korean, most of it via a code you get from them, or pay per view. Great if you only watch Netflix. No apps for 4OD, ITV or My5. A real puzzle until you find out LG did not renew its content with Freeview to provide them into 2020 and the older models have this functionality. The TV is perfectly capable of providing them, it just doesn't. I have a feeling they are very unlikely to be added at all as usually the manufacturer is already on to the next year's model.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    kafka said:
    Sounds like it's got up be the LG option then. 

I certainly wont be getting a sound bar or any other "enhancements". Its only me who watches the tv (apart from Golfie Jnr when the footies on) and I mainly watch terrestrial programmes & a few films, but nothing that I need the "cinema experience" for. Living room is approx 18 x 12 so I'll stick to a 50" screen that will fit on the tv cabinet & wont dominate the room. 

Thanks everyone. Mind made up.

Just before you order, I've just seen this in one of the reviews. If it's correct and this matters to you (it would me) then it might be worth noting: Beware: This TV does NOT have the basic UK TV apps, nor can you install them. The IPTV content appears to be mainly Russian and Korean, most of it via a code you get from them, or pay per view. Great if you only watch Netflix. No apps for 4OD, ITV or My5. A real puzzle until you find out LG did not renew its content with Freeview to provide them into 2020 and the older models have this functionality. The TV is perfectly capable of providing them, it just doesn't. I have a feeling they are very unlikely to be added at all as usually the manufacturer is already on to the next year's model.
    I have all the UK TV apps on my LG tv - Golfie can you share the link to the one you're looking at? I have a mate that works at Curry's who may be able to offer an opinion. It'd be very odd for them to not offer the UK apps. 
  • Options
    Golfie, If I were you I'd wait a few weeks until Black Friday. Might get a better deal for it, or may be a better TV for similar price after reduction.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    cafcpolo said:
    Golfie, If I were you I'd wait a few weeks until Black Friday. Might get a better deal for it, or may be a better TV for similar price after reduction.
    Good shout. I forgot Black Friday was coming, I need a new tv for my Office/Gym so will hold fire. It's the only TV in the house that hasn't been upgraded and is a 2008 Samsung 1080i (HD Ready), great sound quality crap picture compared to Full HD.