Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beautiful weather...

2»

Comments

• Options
    like an early spring day in North Lincs. today
    Fogs only just gone near sleaford..been cold and damp.
  • Options
    Scotney Castle is a lovely place to go out walking. 
    Lovely pics, @ME14addick

• Options
    Nice pics ME14, definitely visiting there when I renew our NT membership  
  • Options
    Second that.

Only 10 mins in the car from here.

Let our NT membership lapse for the time being too.
  • Options
    God's own country mate. 
  • Options
    God's own country mate. 
    Recommend Bedgebury Pinetum too which is just up the road. Have a Gruffalo trail which is great for the kids.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    It's alright for you lot in the SE ...... but it's crap weather this morning down here in Sunny Cornwall.

Rained all night, thick mist this morning gradually disappearing, grey and overcast, damp and manky.

Might give the beach a miss today. :neutral:

Just got back from walk around Caradon Hill.  In a cloud, basically....
  • Options

I like what you've done with the old place...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Its bloody horrible here.
    Are you still down here in Cornwall then?  :smile:

yeh - moved away (Northampton and Exeter) for a few years for work, been back for about 2 and a half years...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How the weather changes. Woke up & it was bright & sunny. Started to cloud over & by 2pm it had become dank & miserable. 

Love the British weather.
  • Options
    Looks like the next couple of weeks in the South East will be largely dry and not too cold.

No idea what weather those Cornish pasties will be getting though...
  • Options
    Just got back from a lovely walk in the grounds of Scotney Castle. It was sunny, warm and calm, perfect for an autumn walk.  Hopefully my batteries are now recharged for another week, working at my desk at home. The Kent countryside was looking beautiful and at its best. Getting out and appreciating the natural world around us is a great way to better mental health.
    My favourite place in the world. Proposed to my wife there 
    She said no then? ;) 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    How the weather changes. Woke up & it was bright & sunny. Started to cloud over & by 2pm it had become dank & miserable. 

Love the British weather.
     Reminds me of someone on here... 😉
  • Options
    Just got back from a lovely walk in the grounds of Scotney Castle. It was sunny, warm and calm, perfect for an autumn walk.  Hopefully my batteries are now recharged for another week, working at my desk at home. The Kent countryside was looking beautiful and at its best. Getting out and appreciating the natural world around us is a great way to better mental health.
    My favourite place in the world. Proposed to my wife there 
    She said no then? ;) 
    Not a day goes by she wishes she didn't!
  • Options
    Took our 9 year old grandson to Whitstable this afternoon as he is part of our "Covid Bubble". Made for the Tankerton end of town to avoid the crowds and it was crazy weather for November. He was using his metal detector on the beach while we sat there soaking up the rays, could have been late August.  
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    God's own country mate. 
    Recommend Bedgebury Pinetum too which is just up the road. Have a Gruffalo trail which is great for the kids.

@jimmymelrose’s boys and they moaned it wasn’t high enough !!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Its bloody horrible here.
    Are you still down here in Cornwall then?  :smile:

yeh - moved away (Northampton and Exeter) for a few years for work, been back for about 2 and a half years...
    Proper job! Enjoy the liquid sunshine. 

• Options
    Looks like the next couple of weeks in the South East will be largely dry and not too cold.

No idea what weather those Cornish pasties will be getting though...
    Ha ha ...... we're sort of used to it. When it starts to rain, it never bleddy stops.

You know what people say, "That ain't sun tan, that's rust."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    with not much else to do the weekends, me and the mrs were looking to do some loop walks in Kent as easiest kind park the car up walk/hike 4/5 hours and back to the car. done a few when i was over in Ireland in June and really enjoyed it. anyone have any recomendations or suggested routes?

cheers in advance 

ph
  • Options
    with not much else to do the weekends, me and the mrs were looking to do some loop walks in Kent as easiest kind park the car up walk/hike 4/5 hours and back to the car. done a few when i was over in Ireland in June and really enjoyed it. anyone have any recomendations or suggested routes?

cheers in advance 

ph

It takes about 4 and half hours to walk round Bewl Water. £2 to get in. My missus has done it a couple of times and recommends it.
  • Options

cheers in advance 

ph
    Start at One Tree Hill Sevenoaks and there are a few walks from there that stretch out.
    Also
     https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/toys-hill/trails/octavia-hill-centenary-trail-east
     A little further out but Toys Hill including Chartwell is cool.