Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leyton Orient (EFL Trophy) - Post Match Thread - 10/11/2020

Comments

• Options
    On the gloves issues, many sportsmen use gloves when it's cold as it is supposed.to.aod focusing on the job, I stead of thinking about cold hands. I use gloves for running in winter even when wearing a t-shirt. Anything that gives players an edge should be endorsed. Hoping Maddison pushes on now. He can do well in League One if fitter. Something to prove still, so a goal and hard work will get noticed by Bows.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Maddison, short sleeve shirt and gloves, drop him immediately Lee.
    You've stirred a distant memory in my mind. I can picture Bowyer himself wearing gloves at Selhurst in the '96 play off semi second leg. That would have been May and I don't recall it being a chilly evening. So Bowyer's views on glove wearers may not be what one may expect them to be. (If my memory isn't playing tricks of course.)
  • Options
    Ok I'll let Maddison off this time as long as he doesn't start wearing his socks above his knee like some schoolgirl.
  • Options
    Enjoyable game, Orient played well, score slightly flattered us I thought but the youngsters did very well. It's a shame they've only got u-23 games now, though I think we'll definitely see Barker and Vennings again and for the others it will depend on injuries. 
  • Options
    Looking at the lack of celebrations at Maddison's goal, either the kids don't know him very well or think much of him. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Been a lot of criticism about how LB has handled Morgan but the proof is in the pudding. 

Hearing no league clubs had come in for him must have been the final kick up the arse that maybe his boss was right about a few things
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want to judge Albie's performances come the end of season. He showed similar promise in the games after Lockdown then tailed off so am playing the longer term game here, but feel he's moving in the right direction. 

Bows demands from our CM's are quite simple: Run yout nuts off both tracking and running off the forwards. If you have other quality, it will shine. 
  • Options
    On the gloves issues, many sportsmen use gloves when it's cold as it is supposed.to.aod focusing on the job, I stead of thinking about cold hands. I use gloves for running in winter even when wearing a t-shirt. Anything that gives players an edge should be endorsed. Hoping Maddison pushes on now. He can do well in League One if fitter. Something to prove still, so a goal and hard work will get noticed by Bows.
    You should take them off when you type though
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Ok I'll let Maddison off this time as long as he doesn't start wearing his socks above his knee like some schoolgirl.
    I doubt whether he would do that as it would obscure the tats on his legs. 
  • Options
    Good to see another Charlton boy come through the ranks -

Good to see hes a boyhood fan. We don't often get actual Charlton fans through the academy I think. Probably due to the players coming to us from all over London. 
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if Morgan is established in the side before the end of the season. Which would be good going seeing how strong we are there. He has the game. He has improved on the bits he needs to improve on and now it is a question of consistency and continuing to move forwards. There definitely seems to be the breakthrough we all hoped for.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Looking at the lack of celebrations at Maddison's goal, either the kids don't know him very well or think much of him. 
    I thought the same from the highlights but the camera cut away quite quickly.
    It looked like he took a knock to the face, but even so one lad approached him gingerly.
    Did all the others join in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So by my reckoning 11 regularish first teamers were rested last night, 3 more on the injury list and 4 away on international duty. 18 in total and we were still able to put out a decent team.  Can’t remember the last time we had this sort of squad depth...
  • Options
    Any chance someone can post the goals.
    They are always posted on the Rolling Reels thread, by up-the-valley :)
  • Options
    Scroll up to the top of this page...
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Scroll up to the top of this page...
    So, what am i looking for?
    All am trying to say is that you can find highlights on the Rolling Reels
    thread that's all, trying to be helpful to anyone not aware, so what is so
    wrong with that?
  • Options
    Young players can be inconsistent.
    Albie Morgan is a young player.
    End of.
  • Options
    Wish I’d watched it now :-(
  • Options