Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Likely Are You To Take The Covid Vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    For all those that ridicule and laugh whenever I post about the effects of Covid, do you really believe that all these studies are not true? Is your knowledge of the effects of a new virus greater than the people carrying out these studies?

• Options
    Redskin said:
    I wonder how many people are aware that you cannot donate blood if you have Long Covid. The problem is that there are many people who may have Long Covid but don't realise it. 

If Covid isn't a problem, then why would people be prevented from giving blood? If there are fears that people with Long Covid could give contaminated blood, there must be greater honesty in the damage that Covid infection can do. Could this be another scandal like the Factor 8 scandal where Haemophiliacs were given contaminated blood. 

There is far too much being hidden from the public with the 'Covid is over' mentality.

https://www.scotblood.co.uk/news/covid-19-advice-for-donors/
    There is still no determinative test for 'Long Covid' 
    No determinative test for a condition that reportedly has the ability to affect every organ and system in the body. That’s like saying cancer is one illness and one size fits all. 
  • Options
    Speaking of the next pandemic, there are serious concerns amongst those who know about H5N1 bird flu in the US which has made a significant jump in infecting cows and is wreaking havoc in the dairy population across the US.

This is the top item on our health threat watchlist right now
    Triffic 
  • Options
    For all those that ridicule and laugh whenever I post about the effects of Covid, do you really believe that all these studies are not true? Is your knowledge of the effects of a new virus greater than the people carrying out these studies?

You come across as if you think you are the only person on here that's aware of these studies and you are on a one person crusade to point them out to the rest of us.
    Most people are aware of the ongoing dangers of Covid and what is known as long Covid. 
    But we choose to try and live as normal a life as possible and put our trust in the scientific world to come up with vaccines to combat them.
    When almost every post I make is ridiculed, then I think I'm entitled to think that most people on here don't believe that Covid poses a danger.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people are not aware of the effects of Covid of the body. There are plenty in the scientific world who are appalled at the actions of governments in allowing the unmitigated spread of a virus that is known to cause those effects. Many of those in government know they have made bad decisions and try to cover it up by spreading the falsehood that Covid only affects certain vulnerable people and it's ok for most of the population to become infected. 

It is governments that force the narrative on Covid and trusting them to put people's health before other considerations is misplaced.

The UK is now one of the least well protected by the vaccines and therapeutics, with only limited numbers of people able to get them. I know of people who have been very unwell with Covid, but unless you are hospitalised, your chances of getting the anti-viral drugs that lessen and reduce the severity of symptoms are almost impossible to get. I do not trust our Government to protect people.

• Options
    Here we go with the victim routine. Not all your posts get ridiculed, but you do get stick for not listening to anything anyone else says or seeing their perspective, but then accuse people of doing exactly the same thing.

What you’re trying to achieve continually telling us about people (not even on here) not realising about Covid, I’m not quite sure.

The never ending cycle of this thread 🤣
    What do you expect to see on a thread about Covid?
  • Options
    Speaking of the next pandemic, there are serious concerns amongst those who know about H5N1 bird flu in the US which has made a significant jump in infecting cows and is wreaking havoc in the dairy population across the US.

Just when the Covid injection profits are starting to plateau out, her everyone here one for bird flu. 

Might buy some shares in Pfizer and Astra Zeneka. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am not paranoid about Covid, I'm posting about the effects of Covid infection on a COVID THREAD. What else do you expect to see on a Covid thread?

• Options
    Here we go with the victim routine. Not all your posts get ridiculed, but you do get stick for not listening to anything anyone else says or seeing their perspective, but then accuse people of doing exactly the same thing.

What you’re trying to achieve continually telling us about people (not even on here) not realising about Covid, I’m not quite sure.

What do you expect to see on a thread about Covid?
    See 🤣 did you even read what I said 
  • Options
    Ok. You asked why people LOL. I did my best to explain. I can’t give you a reason for every LOL. Facts, opinions and dare I say it, the occasional piece of good news.
  • Options
    edited May 17
    JaShea99 said:

I think that whatever I post on this Covid thread I will get LOLs or people telling me stop posting.

You get ridiculed and LOL’d for many different reasons I’d imagine. To still be this paranoid about Covid this far on is deeply sad to some but I imagine humorous to others. The whole “oh so you think people dying of Covid is funny then?” act is so old and tiresome and probably laughable to some. You know full well that no one is or has ever laughed at death or illness, instead it’s at the same paranoia and the way you put things. Yet trotting out the above line obviously makes you happier. The complete refusal to ever admit that you were wrong or that some of your comments a few years ago were ill-advised at best is similar to the stubbornness of a child who can’t accept when they’ve been caught out by their parents. This, I’d expect also encourages a few LOLs. Oh, and the “Covid hasn’t gone away you know” thing always made me laugh because of the irony of you constantly saying it way before anyone even uttered those words. As I say, you’re not silly so I’m sure you know all this, but as others have said, it’s much easier to play the victim and pretend you think people are laughing at Covid itself.
    I posted yesterday about a study that links Covid infection to eye damage and 2 people LOLd that. It's hardly a laughing matter.
    Probably because you can link eye damage to any number of things, but it's not likely to bother many people. In this article white bread, pasta, deli meats, bacon, fried food, 5 types of cooking oil, margarine, pre-packed foods, energy drinks, fizzy drinks, alcohol, fish and caffeine are all listed as possibly causing damage to your eyes.

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/ss/slideshow-worst-foods-eyes
  • Options
    So my cravings for bacon are due to long covid? 

• Options
    edited May 18
    buckshee said:

Just when the Covid injection profits are starting to plateau out, her everyone here one for bird flu. 

You can be as cynical as you like but there is an increasing risk that we’ll see another viral pandemic much sooner than the 100 years between Spanish Flu and Covid-19. Whether its birds or bats that is the cause is unknown but there are without any doubt some very worrying viruses out there in the animal kingdom, known and unknown just waiting for the right conditions to jump species. The zoonotic virus pool is simply gigantic.  Fwiw my personal view is that we actually dodged a bullet with Covid-19. Next time we might not be anywhere near as lucky.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

You can be as cynical as you like but there is an increasing risk that we’ll see another viral pandemic much sooner than the 100 years between Spanish Flu and Covid-19. Whether its birds or bats that is the cause is unknown but there are without any doubt some very worrying viruses out there in the animal kingdom, known and unknown just waiting for the right conditions to jump species. The zoonotic virus pool is simply gigantic.  Fwiw my personal view is that we actually dodged a bullet with Covid-19. Next time we might not be anywhere near as lucky.

https://youtu.be/teuRjx7s_8k?si=GYdeHhoFpBt4Ir3N
  • Options
    The real non conspiracy facts about vaccines.

https://ourworldindata.org/vaccines-children-saved
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I think that whatever I post on this Covid thread I will get LOLs or people telling me stop posting.

You get ridiculed and LOL’d for many different reasons I’d imagine. To still be this paranoid about Covid this far on is deeply sad to some but I imagine humorous to others. The whole “oh so you think people dying of Covid is funny then?” act is so old and tiresome and probably laughable to some. You know full well that no one is or has ever laughed at death or illness, instead it’s at the same paranoia and the way you put things. Yet trotting out the above line obviously makes you happier. The complete refusal to ever admit that you were wrong or that some of your comments a few years ago were ill-advised at best is similar to the stubbornness of a child who can’t accept when they’ve been caught out by their parents. This, I’d expect also encourages a few LOLs. Oh, and the “Covid hasn’t gone away you know” thing always made me laugh because of the irony of you constantly saying it way before anyone even uttered those words. As I say, you’re not silly so I’m sure you know all this, but as others have said, it’s much easier to play the victim and pretend you think people are laughing at Covid itself.
    I posted yesterday about a study that links Covid infection to eye damage and 2 people LOLd that. It's hardly a laughing matter.
    Probably because you can link eye damage to any number of things, but it's not likely to bother many people. In this article white bread, pasta, deli meats, bacon, fried food, 5 types of cooking oil, margarine, pre-packed foods, energy drinks, fizzy drinks, alcohol, fish and caffeine are all listed as possibly causing damage to your eyes.

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/ss/slideshow-worst-foods-eyes
    Caffeine. So angry, I’ve got a free coffee on the costa app.

i thought w******g also made you go blind?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As my hen sanctuary has to be registered with DEFRA I’m alerted to any incidents of bird flu. This year there have been less than previous years and no national ‘flockdown’ where we have to take measures to protect the birds from wild birds. Fingers crossed this continues.
    From all the other stuff they send me Blue Tongue in cattle seems to be this year’s problem.
  • Options
    As my hen sanctuary has to be registered with DEFRA I’m alerted to any incidents of bird flu. This year there have been less than previous years and no national ‘flockdown’ where we have to take measures to protect the birds from wild birds. Fingers crossed this continues.
    From all the other stuff they send me Blue Tongue in cattle seems to be this year’s problem.
    H5N1 Bird Flu is pretty bad in the USA at the moment, having moved into cattle herds and other species.
  • Options
    ME, I'd consider myself more sympathetic to the perspective you hold than most, but did you read the review article itself?

"It should be noted that the research summarised in this review is fundamentally descriptive, so causal attribution to acute COVID-19 disease is not possible." 

There may be a correlation between mental health and Long COVID, there may also be a correlation to a pandemic that led to millions experiencing financial hardship, isolation and fear.
    Thank you for taking the time to read the article published by The University of York, which I assumed was a summary of the findings. I hadn't read the whole of the study and have now done so and post here the paragraph from which you quoted:

It should be noted that the research summarised in this review is fundamentally descriptive, so causal attribution to acute COVID-19 disease is not possible. However, our findings that approximately one in five to one in four of long COVID cases experience mental health conditions or brain fog suggest there is a high demand for effective and accessible treatments. Funding for research into effective treatments for mental health conditions and brain fog in people with long COVID is urgently needed.

This is the first systematic review to determine the prevalence rates of both mental health conditions and brain fog in long COVID, and to compare factors that may be associated with their presence. Both are common, with prevalence rising with time after SARS-CoV-2 infection. The prevalence of brain fog, but not of mental health conditions, is inversely related to vaccination rates, suggesting some degree of pathogenic independence. Research is required to better characterise the neurocognitive features of brain fog, their pathogenesis, and brain fog's relationship (if any) to other mental health conditions, such that therapeutic targets might be identified. As our findings emphasize the value of vaccination in preventing brain fog as a core symptom of long COVID, ongoing vaccination programmes should be encouraged and reinforce the need for effective treatments to manage mental health conditions and brain fog in long COVID. Furthermore, given the increasing prevalence of mental health conditions over time, and their potential negative impact on recovery, preventive treatment for mental health conditions in long COVID may be helpful.

l hope that you will agree with me that from the many studies carried out on the effects of Covid infection, it is dangerous to allow the idea that Covid is nothing to worry about. In the last 2 days I have seen many people starting to ask if this is going to be the next big public health scandal and cover-up.

• Options
    Redskin said:
    ME, I'd consider myself more sympathetic to the perspective you hold than most, but did you read the review article itself?

"It should be noted that the research summarised in this review is fundamentally descriptive, so causal attribution to acute COVID-19 disease is not possible." 

There may be a correlation between mental health and Long COVID, there may also be a correlation to a pandemic that led to millions experiencing financial hardship, isolation and fear.
    Enforced lockdowns and its ruinous ramifications at every level and the Government's behavioural science unit SPI-B subjecting the populace to a program of fear-based propaganda resulted in an inhumane societal stasis that undoubtedly gave rise to 'millions experiencing financial hardship, isolation and fear'
    But perhaps survival ?
  • Options
    'Flockdown'. That's brilliant 😂
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Enforced lockdowns and its ruinous ramifications at every level and the Government's behavioural science unit SPI-B subjecting the populace to a program of fear-based propaganda resulted in an inhumane societal stasis that undoubtedly gave rise to 'millions experiencing financial hardship, isolation and fear'
    But perhaps survival ?
    Perhaps, not.