Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The simple pleasures of football

1235»

Comments

• When a dog or cat somehow get on the pitch and the hilarity of watching players trying to catch it. A rare event these days but gold when it happens.
    I think it was versus Newcastle back in the Premiership days and the half time entertainment was a steward trying to chase off a really fat pigeon that would not leave the pitch. It would fly just far enough away to make him run then go straight back where it came from.
  • thenewbie said:
    When a dog or cat somehow get on the pitch and the hilarity of watching players trying to catch it. A rare event these days but gold when it happens.
    I think it was versus Newcastle back in the Premiership days and the half time entertainment was a steward trying to chase off a really fat pigeon that would not leave the pitch. It would fly just far enough away to make him run then go straight back where it came from.
    Was that the one where the song was 'we love you pigeon we do...?'
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Outfield player in goal is surely the greatest moment one can witness at a game? The fear in their eyes as they put on the keepers shirt and gloves is a glorious site to behold.
    An outfield player doing well in goal is brilliant too.
    Has that happened before?! I can only recall Kyle Walker and Harry Kane in recent years
     Steve Brown a bit further back. 
    Steve Gritt, even further back.
    I vaguely remember a match in the 80s, away at Middlesborough, where Steve Gritt went in goal after about 5 minutes from the start. He made some good saves and we only lost 3 nil. I can't remember who our goalie was though.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Outfield player in goal is surely the greatest moment one can witness at a game? The fear in their eyes as they put on the keepers shirt and gloves is a glorious site to behold.
    Has that happened before?! I can only recall Kyle Walker and Harry Kane in recent years
    I vaguely remember a match in the 80s, away at Middlesborough, where Steve Gritt went in goal after about 5 minutes from the start. He made some good saves and we only lost 3 nil. I can't remember who our goalie was though.
    Nicky John's?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It was at Coventry. Pulled off a blinding save at 0 0.