Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Ipswich v Charlton | Sat 28 Nov 2020

Comments

• Options
    Got no problem with that starting line up to be honest. Williams in the number 10 role, supporting Aneke and Smyth who play well together is very decent. 

Obviously worried about the CB and would rather Pearce started alongside Gunter. Hell I'd even have Purrington starting there as think defensively he is capable. 
    Pearce not fit barker is fit so fucking start him bowyer😖
  • Options
    Not like us to pick up additional injuries every week without fail.  Next week will be Shinnie heard it here first.

I like that line up, Gunter and Pratley was terrible Tuesday but let’s not rush to write it off yet.
  • Options
    Rubbish to only have 6 subs. Whats Bowyer playing at this time? 
    The team travelled yesterday afternoon, I would think.

Sounds to me Deji travelled but doesn't feel well enough. 

Maybe Washo travelled also but it's been decided not to risk him?
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Got no problem with that starting line up to be honest. Williams in the number 10 role, supporting Aneke and Smyth who play well together is very decent. 

Obviously worried about the CB and would rather Pearce started alongside Gunter. Hell I'd even have Purrington starting there as think defensively he is capable. 
    Pearce not fit barker is fit so fucking start him bowyer😖
    Oh, I'd have Barker start from what I've seen of him, or at the very least on the bench. But clearly Bowyer, or the coaching staff feel differently. Be interesting to find out why. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Vennings, Mingi and Barker could easily make the 7th sub. More mismanagement of available resources.
    Easy to say when we're not the ones making the calls
  • Options
    Would imagine Deji was due to travel and had to be left behind due to illness, never a straight forward time for Charlton. Aneke starting will make me feel confident for a win
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

We are talking about 35 miles away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Oggy Red said:
    No Deji? 
    Deji is ill.

Hope he's not been hugging Levitt.  :neutral:

No that's Pearce's forte mate  ;)
    Only in our penalty area though.

• Options
    We need an extra forward on the bench, not Barker. Powell's been in form. Aouachria?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    No too keen on the centre back paring - however surely they won’t have a horror show like the other night...they couldn’t could they?!?!? 

And Bowyer must have been able to fill the bench. Particularly as we can make 5 subs now. Surely the maximum options are a must? 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Oggy Red said:

We are talking about 35 miles away.
    I bet the team still stayed overnight in or around Ipswich.

It's not the 1970s, you know  :smile:

• Options
    Vennings, Mingi and Barker could easily make the 7th sub. More mismanagement of available resources.
    More overreactions.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    We need an extra forward on the bench, not Barker. Powell's been in form. Aouachria?
    I hear there's some kid playing for Woking, think his name is Davison, who sounds really promising. 

Seriously, why don't we recall him?
  • Options
    Disappointing to not have a full bench, surely they prepare more than 18 players just in case of pullouts, it's not as if Ipswich is far away if they need to ask a player to drive up this morning
  • Options
    Pratley should be no where near the back four we do miss him in the middle 
  • Options
    5-1 to ipswich it is then.
    Definitely, as we've only got 6 subs.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What’s up with Washington? 
  • Options
    Disappointing to not have a full bench, surely they prepare more than 18 players just in case of pullouts, it's not as if Ipswich is far away if they need to ask a player to drive up this morning
    Totally agree. We are playing at Ipswich, 35 miles from London, not Middlesbrough.

Surely someone could have been driven up? 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    What’s up with Washington? 
    Minor knock is all Louis Mendez has reported 
  • Options
    I've got a good feeling about this one. Charlton to win 3 nil.
  • Options
    Not sure what to expect today after the poor performance on Tuesday.
    We normally do very well against opponents higher up the league so I am quietly optimistic. However, someone commented post match against Burton that there maybe some dressing room unrest which could have been behind the performance. I seriously hope not.  
    If we are not fully focused today I cannot see us getting anything from the game. Ipswich should be as a win for them would put them in joint second place in the table. 
    I hope my doubts will be proved wrong and we can return to winning ways coupled with a much improved performance.    
  • Options
    I would have gone for 7 subs rather than 6 - call me crazy, but I'm a 7 subs kind of guy!
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Pratley should be no where near the back four we do miss him in the middle 
    Pratley is a fine CB at this level. Whether we need him in the middle depends on whether we think Watson is any good there.
  • Options
    Not sure what to expect today after the poor performance on Tuesday.
    We normally do very well against opponents higher up the league so I am quietly optimistic. However, someone commented post match against Burton that there maybe some dressing room unrest which could have been behind the performance. I seriously hope not.  
    If we are not fully focused today I cannot see us getting anything from the game. Ipswich should be as a win for them would put them in joint second place in the table. 
    I hope my doubts will be proved wrong and we can return to winning ways coupled with a much improved performance.    

I thought the dressing room unrest stuff was started as a joke?
  • Options
    Big day in our season today.

Big call by Bowyer with Gunter and Pratley playing CB's after the Donkeys breakfast on Tuesday. 

Oshilaja was obviously going to be the 7th sub but was taken ill this morning.

Have no idea on the score today.
    Will we play on the front foot or be timid ?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!