Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 3 Funniest Scenes in Films or TV

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Fawlty Towers - When Basil has to explain to the doctor how he managed to deliver breakfast in bed to a guest without realising he was dead.

"This is a hotel, not a Burma railway!"
  • Options
    You can pick three easily from Fawlty Towers alone or the Monty Python movies. Then you have the only fool's set pieces. It is an impossible job. I did laugh a lot at the scene from The Naked Gun  when Leslie Nielson had his mic still on when he went to the toilet.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Wayne`s  World - Bohemian Rhapsody.
    Famalam - 17th Century Nudes.
    Porky`s - Principles Office.            
  • Options
    F**k the poor.    History of the World, pt 1.
    Campfire scene. Blazing Saddles
    Open bar, OFAH.
  • Options
    Dumb & Dumber - When Harry throws the snowball in the womans face

The Pink Panther Strikes Again - "Does your dog bite" (Bellow)

OFAH - Trigger's broom

https://youtu.be/SnXtuktNdlM

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Stir Crazy - Richard Pryor, in the courtroom just after they get birded off
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Fawlty Towers - When Basil has to explain to the doctor how he managed to deliver breakfast in bed to a guest without realising he was dead.

"This is a hotel, not a Burma railway!"
    BF - "If the guest isn't singing 'Oh What A Beautiful Morning' when I deliver their breakfast, I don't just assume, oh theres another one snuffed it in the night"
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    @Algarveaddick Dear John was very underrated comedy. 
    Came on to post that myself but imagine most on here under the age of 40 wont even know 

https://youtu.be/bkGzQmQYbQ0
  • Options
    Too many but 2 (that probably don’t qualify as one is a sketch and one radio commentary) that never fail to leave me in tears of laughter are monty pythons special olympics and the Johnathan Agnew/Brian Johnston ‘legover’ commentary.
    An often under appreciated series called Roger Roger, written by John Sullivan has a couple of brilliant moments. But perhaps it just clicks with me as can’t get a box set anywhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Balls of Steel had me crying on many occasions.

Neg’s Knock Door Don’t Run is gold.

https://youtu.be/gW8Q_XSGHZU
  • Options
    Two obvious ones

"Don't mention the war"
    "Don't tell him Pike"

And not so much a scene as a running joke, the episode of Big Train featuring George Martin endlessly talking about The Beatles
  • Options
    Was talking about Dear John to my Mrs the other night. I was saying some bloke here reminds me of Kirk St Moritz
  • Options
    Few off the top of my head.

Seinfeld - Fusilli Jerry

Dumb and Dumber. - Tic Tac sir?

The office - when Gareth slopes of with the swingers in the sidecar of their motorbike

Subtle genius.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    OFAH - Dentist scene “Just a little prick” , “Oh you know him then” and “I’ll just shit here” had me pissing myself just yesterday.

Could list 20 straight off from OFAH and similar for Peep Show and the Office.

More random one- Hello Ladies (Steve Marchant) wedding scene when the young child flicks a toy into his soup.

Mum “Argh what’s he like”
    Marchant “He’s like a c***”

• Options
    edited December 2020
    OFAH - Dentist scene “Just a little prick” , “Oh you know him then” and “I’ll just shit here” had me pissing myself just yesterday.

Could list 20 straight off from OFAH and similar for Peep Show and the Office.

More random one- Hello Ladies (Steve Marchant) wedding scene when the young child flicks a toy into his soup.

Mum “Argh what’s he like”
    Marchant “He’s like a c***”

Hello ladies was decent. Good Hall n Oates theme tune too. 
  • Options
    Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau lighting a roman candle thinking its a normal candle and, as it goes off in his hand..... 'what kind of a candle is thees?'.
  • Options
    Four candles.

All the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.

Chandelier.
  • Options
    Steve Martin in Housesitter when he has to sing Lou a lie to his father. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Python - The Oscar Wilde sketch
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    That first scene from The Usual Suspects where they're in the suspect line-up is a great kind of unexpected funny that had me in stitches.

Edit: On reflection, nowhere near top funniest though... so:

Peep Show: "Super Hans has taken 4 grams of coke to relax him for his speech...' 'It didn't relax him?'...
    Inbetweeners: When Jay is describing his caravan orgy
    Extras: Patrick Stewart "...and her clothes fell off?"... "instantly" (already mentioned)

• Options
    Planes, trains and automobiles - Steve Martin elevating swearing to an art form and the perfect reply.

Blackadder goes forth: How the war began.

Airplane: the running gag "I chose the wrong week to quit..."

But I couldn't really choose three
  • Options
    Big Train. Prince stalking the jockeys
    The first appearance of Papa Lazarou with his foot in the door
    also LOG “excuse me has anybody got any orange juice”

Honourable mention to Psychoville Tina Turner and Chris Morris Jam doctor slapping his cock on his belly jumping up n down

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Also

Curb,  car wash c***, crazy eyes killer, beloved c***. Take your pick

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Also

Curb,  car wash c***, crazy eyes killer, beloved c***. Take your pick

Car wash c*nt would be in my top three 😂 
  • Options
    Larry David is an absolute genius. Curb is worthy of three in it's own right. Here's another three six on top of those already mentioned:
    Larry, you've got a racist dog
    Swan Killer
    Weatherman and the golf course
    Teriyaki chicken boy
    Pissing on Jesus
    Trouser Tent

• Options
    Extras. The scene where Andy Millman is trying to direct Keith Chegwin in his sitcom has me in pieces every time.

This is Spinal Tap - Lick My Love Pump

Best In Show - the dog show commentators. Fred Willard is a comedy genius, that scene pretty much completely improvised.
  • Options
     “don’t call me Shirley”
    Can’t stop myself dropping this into a conversation if the opportunity arises.
  • Options
    The Inbetweeners scene where Simon is trying to talk to dirty to Tara. The line ‘I’m going to f*** your f***ing fanny off you twat’ gets me every time. Used it on Mrs AUN a couple of times and luckily she gets the reference.