Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The bridge that needs crossing

2»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I doubt Sandgaard really has a football “ideology”. If Bowyer is successful he’ll keep his job, if he isn’t he won’t. I doubt the style of football will matter much, to be honest for about 99.9% of teams all that matters is results. 
    I think he has an ideology because he has told us what it is. Having said that, if you win enough games playing a different way, nobody is going to complain, not least TS. The issue is when you don't win the games. Then playing dour football might test the patience much earlier. I think Bowyer is under some pressure now and Saturday needs to see a turnaround or that pressure will increase.

Sandgaard will see the next transfer window as a way to push on further and he will need convincing that Bowyer is the man to trust in that window. A few wins this month will help. A few more performances like recent ones and I'm not sure TS won't act. 
  • Options
    I think Sangaard will give Bowyer this season & treat it as a "free hit". TS came in after the season had started, with a wage cap & with every other team having already done 99% of their signings. I am mightily surprised that we are sitting in 4th place right now & still think we will be lucky to finish in the top 6.

Saying that, I think Sangaard will be looking to get promoted next season if we don't manage this year & will not be afraid to ditch Bowyer if he doesnt see an improvement in both playing style & personnel by early next season. So, if we  haven't moved forward by this time next year I would reckon it would be goodbye Lee.
    Chairmen giving managers a free hit are about as common as young players turning down big moves because they could do with another season to develop. 
  • Options
    Mmmmh, not sure I agree with Bow's deciding to call some players out and not others. Morgan's clearance was not great but he really is overdoing it a bit now.
  • Options
    From 'The Guardian' (2 Dec 2020):

"The plan is to achieve promotion to the top flight within five years and the long-term goal, he says, is to establish Charlton as a European player."

OK with wasting one of those five years, Thomas?

You need to act.
  • Options
    This division is so bad that if we change the manager now, for someone that knows what he is doing, then we can make the play offs.
    If we don't then it will be mid-table mediocrity. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    If this thread gets bumped every time we lose then presumably it should also get bumped every time we win, for perspective?
    Absolutely 

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Time to bump again then.

"Five years ahead of its time" (Mendonca In Asdas).

"I really struggle to understand the thinking of some of our fans sometimes" (Off_it).

We stand or fall by our history.

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    From 'The Guardian' (2 Dec 2020):

"The plan is to achieve promotion to the top flight within five years and the long-term goal, he says, is to establish Charlton as a European player."

OK with wasting one of those five years, Thomas?

You need to act.
    I would have thought he wasn't expecting guaranteed promotion and accepts the first year is only the start. I expect his business took years to establish and become successful. doubt he will consider it wasted. Certainly under-achieved as things are going
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dartford?
  • Options
    Seems to be the bridge the trolls are living under 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bridge over troubled water.
  • Options
    The Bridge.

Dark Nordic Noir.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Time to bump again then.

"Five years ahead of its time" (Mendonca In Asdas).

"I really struggle to understand the thinking of some of our fans sometimes" (Off_it).

We stand or fall by our history.

What an arse.

Here's one for you. I predict our next manager will eventually get the sack. And the next one. And the next.

I will bump this thread periodically to prove "I was right all along".
    Sadly, I agree with you on this one ... so that would be no fun.

It's good that you're learning though.

Keep at it.