Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 05 Dec | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Can see Pratley coming into midfield for this one, Gunter remains right centre-back and Famewo returns to the starting XI.

We need a bit of bite and legs in midfield, especially if Shinnie is out for this weekend. I would love to see all of Morgan, Williams, and Maddison starting, but this time I just can't see it unfortunately.

We need enough creativity in the side nonetheless and must find a way of ensuring we don't rely on Aneke too much to get us something in front of goal.

It's time other players step up and show us what they've got. I think it's harder this weekend to predict the team than most other times. Hopefully the players can get the 3 points and have a full week to prepare for our first home league game on a Saturday in 2 months. 

Amos
    Matthews Gunter Famewo Maatsen
    Watson
    Pratley Gilbey
    Maddison
    Aneke Washington

Maynard-Brewer, Pearce, Purrington, Forster-Caskey, Morgan, Williams, Bogle

Shrewsbury 0-1 Charlton Athletic
    Maddison
  • Options
    Some Shrews build up if anyones interested, although they haven't moved onto talking about the game much yet...
    https://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/101099/charlton-match-thread-prediction
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Some Shrews build up if anyones interested, although they haven't moved onto talking about the game much yet...
    https://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/101099/charlton-match-thread-prediction
    Didnt realise Shrews had Marc Pugh actually 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Didnt realise Shrews had Marc Pugh actually 
    Till the end of January I think
  • Options
    We should be able to take something from the game, although the following sentence in the club's Match Preview gives a little cause for concern:

"Shrewsbury, meanwhile, currently lie second from bottom and have gone nine league games without victory."

With a new manager in place, the Shrewsbury players will be very much up for it, so our lot will have to be 'at it' from the outset. We can't afford another slow start to the game.

I'd like to see Pearce and Famewo in central defence, Pratley in midfield, Maatsen in at left back and Chuks up top. Neither Maddison nor Jonny Williams have 90 minutes in them, so I can see one replacing the other at some stage.
  • Options
    I'd like to see both Matthews and Maatsen start, with Purrington at left back. Maatsen's pace and skill can create chances, which we definitely need more of
  • Options
    I can't see us losing 2 on the bounce, and seeing as I only seem to watch the games where we have a poor performance I'm willing to bet we'll win this one. Probably a 1 or 2 nil with a couple of injuries to add to the pile :smile:

This is the team I would want:

Amos
    Matthews   Pearce   Famewo   Purrington
    Pratley
    Morgan    Maatsen
    Maddison
                 Williams
    Aneke         

This is what I expect LB will play:

Amos
    Matthews   Gunter   Famewo  Maatsen
    Watson
    Morgan    Shinnie
    Maddison
    Aneke   Washington
  • Options
                   Amos

Mathews Pearce Famewo Maatsen

Watson. Pratley
    Morgan.                             Williams.

Chucks.    Washington.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still hate this lot from the play offs, especially up at their ground. Not expecrimf a great deal after Weds, just hope Maddison carries on where he left off that night. Their 1000 fans cheer them on to victory, 2-1 to Shrewsbury.
  • Options
    Still hate this lot from the play offs, especially up at their ground. Not expecrimf a great deal after Weds, just hope Maddison carries on where he left off that night. Their 1000 fans cheer them on to victory, 2-1 to Shrewsbury.
    Going forward, the smaller clubs when playing at home are likely to benefit more than the larger clubs. 2000 home fans spread around our or Sunderland grounds for instance isn’t going to have the impact that Shrewsbury’s 1000 will have tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Too slow. Too predictable.  Too short. Too bloody cold.

• Options
    Another game we should win so 2-0 to Shrewsbury.
  • Options
    I think we will win this one  , maybe by two goals . Would give Watson a say off , and get Pratley back in in midfield.  Still think Aneke and Bogle up front could work .
  • Options
    I don’t think Pearce will play.
  • Options
    After Wednesday I was remembering how much I enjoyed winning every game.
  • Options
    Cant see them scoring. 2-0 to us all day long. They will be gutted my Wednesday and we will have a CB back from the start. Hope pratley goes back into midfield and we start Madison 
  • Options
    Really, really cannot see for the life of me how Pearce and Famewo both start. No chance. Not only fitness wise, but the balance of the team. You wouldn’t like to see either play right centre back. That would give me nightmares. It’s such a different position when you’re a left sided centre back.

Gunter or Pratley starts at centre back, unfortunately it’s the only way. And to me, with Famewo coming on, on Wednesday and Pratley moving into midfield, I can see Bowyer going with Gunter and Famewo as the two.
  • Options
    Gunter and Famewo made a good go of a decent CB partnership at Portsmouth until Famewo had to come off, so wouldn't mind seeing that again for lack of much other choice. Pratley looked a lot more like the player we know when he was pushed up on Wednesday so the sooner he's back there the better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos
    Pratley
    Shinnie Gilbey
    Maddison
    Aneke Washington

Maynard-Brewer, Pearce, Purrington, Watson, Morgan, Williams, Bogle

If Shinnie is out, revert to Sage's formation.

1-2
  • Options
    Hate?
    I hate Millwall, but Shrewsbury! 
    Nice club, serve real ale, Modern but decent ground and basically decent fans.
  • Options
    Me on the Ipswich match thread last week 😂

Shinnie a big miss if he doesn’t make it, Johnny’s time to step up is now.
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Me and my mum at the first Sunday match at The Valley v Shrews

3-3 3rd Feb 1974.
    I remember it well.
    https://www.11v11.com/teams/charlton-athletic/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Shrewsbury Town/
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Amos
    Pratley
    Shinnie Gilbey
    Maddison
    Aneke Washington

Maynard-Brewer, Pearce, Purrington, Watson, Morgan, Williams, Bogle

If Shinnie is out, revert to Sage's formation.

1-2

You know what? That could do the trick! Good call.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    If Famewo comes straight back into the starting lineup ahead of Pearce (who's been a sub for weeks) then i hope someone ( @LouisMend ) asks Bowyer wtf is up with Pearce in the after match press conference/zoom call.

Famewo is obviously better than Pearce, but surely Pearce should play CB ahead of Gunter and Pratley. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Double pivot, back to the style that saw all the clean sheets.  A week on the training ground hopefully better used than the international break. 

Amos
                             Watson
                      Pratley Morgan
                            Williams
                     Aneke Washington

To paraphrase, there is no point having concert pianists if you haven't got enough blokes to get the piano on the stage in the first place.

0-1 a misshit Maddison free kick goes in of Bogle's arse in the 87th minute.  Precisely 27 minutes after they come on for Chuks and Johnny. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Shrew said:

Great photo.
    I was there too. Do you recall that we had a ticket to become members for the day or something in order to get around the Sunday trading laws.

This deserves to be kept on the old Charlton images thread @Shrew if you would be happy to share it there and my guess is that @Henry Irving might like it for the museum. 
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Great photo.
    I was there too. Do you recall that we had a ticket to become members for the day or something in order to get around the Sunday trading laws.

This deserves to be kept on the old Charlton images thread @Shrew if you would be happy to share it there and my guess is that @Henry Irving might like it for the museum. 
    Yes we became members of  'The Robins Club' for the day given a small card instead of a ticket at the turnstiles, i've still  have one somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!