Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Another bogeyish team, can’t recall us ever playing well against them and being the doomsayer that I am, I think it’ll be another defeat unfortunately.

Particularly as owner and fans present = Stage Fright/Rabbits in the Headlights performance!

0-1
  • Options
    Another bogeyish team, can’t recall us ever playing well against them and being the doomsayer that I am, I think it’ll be another defeat unfortunately.

Particularly as owner and fans present = Stage Fright/Rabbits in the Headlights performance!

0-1
    Primarily at their place... Three League Games at the Valley: Charlton Wins (2) | Wimbledon Wins (1)
  • Options
    edited December 2020

0-1
    Primarily at their place... Three League Games at the Valley: Charlton Wins (2) | Wimbledon Wins (1)
    Really, maybe there’s a glimmer of hope then:)

The only good game I can remember against the Dons, was against the originals and I think we won 5-4 think it may have been a cup game?
  • Options
    Not feeling confident now (thought we wouldn't lose again this season a fortnight ago) hope for a more attacking and positive performance. Go with Chucks & Bogle up front. I think Bow might drop Pratley to the bench. 1-0 with a last painful 10 minutes. I'd take that. 
  • Options
    I’d play 352- might be a bit more attacking

Amos

Pratley, Pearce, Famewo

Matthews, Watson, Morgan, Shinnie/ Williams, Maatsen,

Aneke/ AN other 
  • Options
    Matthews and Maartens will play in front of Gunter and Purrinton as wide midfielders.

Maddison will play behind Aneke and Washingto.

Watson will be the CDM while Pratley rested.

Lee Bowyer's Red and White Army
    You heard the man: Matthews will play down the wing
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Amos

Pratley, Pearce, Famewo

Aneke/ AN other 
    Like this a lot. Makes the best of the players we have.
  • Options
                            Amos
    Gunter             Pearce            famewo

Mathews   pratley   Morgan maatseen

Maddison
            aneke             washington

For what it's worth that's what I would pick

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gunter and Watson I’m keen on 
    in spite of some ropey recent performances 
    so want both of them in 

surely we win this 

we don’t deserve Thomas as an owner, he’s off the charts but we don’t deserve to be chuffing about in League one either .
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Amos

Pratley, Pearce, Famewo

Aneke/ AN other 
    Shinnie won't be fit, sadly.
  • Options
    What about playing neither Pratley or Watson? Maybe not for this game as we have Shinnie out but i think people would be surprised how much better this could be.
  • Options
    I won't pick a team in my head as I am only going to be disapointed when I see the selection. This is certainly a game where you don't play Watson and Pratley unless one is playing centre half. But I'm sure they will both start.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
                         Amos
    Matthews   Famewo   Pearce   Purrington
                          Pratley
               Gilbey            Morgan
    Maddison                               Maatsen
                          Aneke

Get some bloody width.
  • Options
    1-0 to Wimbledon - terrible game.
  • Options
    1-0 to Wimbledon - terrible game.
    Yep, i have the usual dread over this one.  Time to piss on our shoes again!
  • Options
    Not optimistic, but looking forward to the new Valley Pass experience. 
    I think we should start Lee Bowyer Bingo and see how many ponderous midfielders and mistake prone right backs you can fit in one team. I'm going for 5. Expect Bogle and Washington to start. Chuks to come on at 60 minutes-ish. Lots of huffing and puffing . Suspect it'll be a draw, doubt it will be particularly entertaining as both sides throw excitement to the wind and try to out-caution each other. 
  • Options
    One of those games where there is more to the result than usual. In theory, it should be a home win, but we've seen seemingly easier games go the wrong way in this league. If we win, it will be a 'back on course' attitude. If we draw, there will be some gnashing of teeth. If we lose, doubts about getting in the play offs at all will become cemented. My hope is that we can sneak a decent number of points to stay in contention until January and that one or two astute signings reduce our obvious weaknesses. We shall see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hate losing to this lot, I'm crossing everything and going for a 2-1 win.
  • Options
    Pigott goal, nailed on certainty, he don't even have to turn up!
  • Options
    They're broadcasting the press conference "live" ? But it was earlier in the week
  • Options
    redman said:
    Some people on this site are beyond words. A few weeks people thought we were unbeatable but now we will never beat anyone ever again! Not much has changed in reality except a bit of confidence. 
    We're neither as good as people thought a few weeks ago (most were pretty scratchy wins) and not as bad as people are saying now! 
    Spot on 
  • Options
    He’s what they probably hoped Bogle could be for us this year. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
                                                              Amos
    Matthews                     Famewo                                  Pearce                               Purrington
                                                            Pratley
               Gilbey                                                                                      Morgan
    Maddison                                                                                                             Maatsen
                                                              Aneke

Get some bloody width.
    Fixed for you.  Dont mention it.
  • Options
    Interesting from Piggott about his time here: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/dons-striker-joe-pigott-charlton-treated-me-really-poorly-in-terms-of-my-release/

Clearly has a lot of love for the club, even if they treated him poorly. Imagine spending 8 years at a club and no one telling you you've been released.