Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seasonal ‘Can only choose one’ poll

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    When it comes to a cuppa. After years of taste testing Sainsbury's Gold Lablel is the one and only.
    It take two or three days to wean away from Tetleys or Yorkshire or whatever other rubbish.
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong on that, Seth.
    Man and boy, that's more years than I care to remember, I have tried many on occasion (Sainsbury's Red Label in particular) but always come back to the very best - PG Tips!
  • Options
    For a nation of tea drinkers I demand a poll for the best tea.
    Agreed. Yorkshire Tea all the way for me.
  • Options
    Only discovered Stollen since I met my wife 

I can understand why my mum tried to keep something that delicious but very sugary away from her arsehole kids and I make up for lost time now every yule 

My dear old nan made the best mince pies and now she isn't about anymore I dont care for them

Christmas cake up until discovering stollen would have been my choice. Stollen all the way now 
  • Options
    I'll take the cup if tea. Dont like mince pies or xmas cake. Not got a clue what the first 2 are! 
  • Options
    Panettone with a soft chocolate centre. Better with a nice glass with Prosecco though.
    Port has to partner panetone really... 
  • Options
    Christmas Pud.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Panettone with a soft chocolate centre. Better with a nice glass with Prosecco though.
    Port has to partner panetone really... 
    I'd prefer port and panettone without the panettone
  • Options
    Don’t even know what the first two are . I’m not as posh as AFKA . Don’t like Mince Pies or Christmas Cake so I can’t answer. 

Same here. Can I have a limoncello?
  • Options
    I voted mince pie, but in reality I would take a fresh from the oven home made sausage roll.

Oh, and none of that puff pastry stuff either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would argue that I make the best cup of tea (some might equal me, none better) because I am meticulous, others attitude of 'good enough' or 'I cant be bothered' or 'what difference does it make?' would rank them way below me.
    Sorry @bobmunro even though you're right to put the boot into Sainsbury's red label, Sainsbury's gold label is the best. Tetleys hmmmn....only if a guest somewhere.
    I once took Mrs Plum to Fortnums and Mason for a treat of 'afternoon tea', and the tea side of things was so poor gnats piss would've got a whole warship of sailors drunk by comparison.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I voted mince pie, but in reality I would take a fresh from the oven home made sausage roll.

Puff pastry mince pies are the best.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Redrobo said:

Take that back! Short is far superior. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Redrobo said:

Yes!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    Redrobo said:

Yes!
    How very French. Yuk.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    seth plum said:
    I would argue that I make the best cup of tea (some might equal me, none better) because I am meticulous, others attitude of 'good enough' or 'I cant be bothered' or 'what difference does it make?' would rank them way below me.
    Sorry @bobmunro even though you're right to put the boot into Sainsbury's red label, Sainsbury's gold label is the best. Tetleys hmmmn....only if a guest somewhere.
    I once took Mrs Plum to Fortnums and Mason for a treat of 'afternoon tea', and the tea side of things was so poor gnats piss would've got a whole warship of sailors drunk by comparison.
    I wouldn't be so arrogant as to say I would better your tea-making skills, Seth - but I would perhaps say a first among equals! 

Tea - the best of all drinks (including alchoholic drinks).
  • Options
    You can’t beat a piece of Carluccio’s Panettone  
  • Options
    This result has really surprised me
  • Options
    Based on those I know, it’s exactly what I would have expected 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I'm surprised panettone is that high - changing tastes I suppose amongst the yoof!

That said, my missus rang me earlier from M&S and asked if I wanted a panettone and I replied 'yes the big triple chocolate one'! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:
    I'm surprised panettone is that high - changing tastes I suppose amongst the yoof!

That said, my missus rang me earlier from M&S and asked if I wanted a panettone and I replied 'yes the big triple chocolate one'! 
    Now that sounds nice 
  • Options
    Poor options, got to have a Yule log or Tunis cake in there.

However, it would have to be a panettone.

Just like coffee, I feel like I’m missing out but just don’t like mince pies.

• Options
    Poor options, got to have a Yule log or Tunis cake in there.

However, it would have to be a panettone.

Just like coffee, I feel like I’m missing out but just don’t like mince pies.

or a M&S Colin the Christmas caterpillar 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:

Now that sounds nice 
    This baby!

Christmas Food Hub  MS
    Oh yes  :)
  • Options
    Had to Google stollen!

Had panettone for the first time last year but I've pipped for Christmas cake
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    £3.49

Specially Selected Traditional Italian Panettone Classico 750g
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:

Now that sounds nice 
    This baby!

Christmas Food Hub  MS
    Ah!
    Is this my road to Damascus?
    That Panettone has been sliced through the outside paper, is that how it's done rather than hoiking and peeling it off to reveal more and more?
    Not sure though if there is a solution to Panettone bonding with the base.
    That part usually gets sorted by judicious fingering.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yuk, yuk and yuk.
    I'd try the panettone.
  • Options
    don't like any of them although I did get my wife to get me a chocolate panettone from M & S so I voted that.