Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seasonal ‘Can only choose one’ poll

13»

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:
    This result has really surprised me
    Based on those I know, it’s exactly what I would have expected 
    I'm surprised panettone is that high - changing tastes I suppose amongst the yoof!

That said, my missus rang me earlier from M&S and asked if I wanted a panettone and I replied 'yes the big triple chocolate one'! 
    Now that sounds nice 
    This baby!

Christmas Food Hub  MS
    Ah!
    Is this my road to Damascus?
    That Panettone has been sliced through the outside paper, is that how it's done rather than hoiking and peeling it off to reveal more and more?
    Not sure though if there is a solution to Panettone bonding with the base.
    That part usually gets sorted by judicious fingering.
    Ooh-err!
  • Options
    All great, but voted Stollen
  • Options
    Voted Christmas cake, ideally with both icing and Wensleydale cheese. But Stollen and mince pies also hit the spot nicely. This year my wife experimented with a Stollen Babka, which was superb. 
  • Options
    Just a shame we can’t do a Boxing Day tasting of all four options @seth plum @PaddyP17 @Airman Brown and any other East Stand Block G regulars. Missing both the football and the baking! 
  • Options
    I'm a mince pie sort of man these days. Panettone was a go-to back when I was younger but I feel it's slightly too sweet now which is incongruous with the fluffy bread texture. (Though when in the mood for something sweet, it's a delight.)

Ideally nice and warm out the oven and served with cream, please!
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    Just a shame we can’t do a Boxing Day tasting of all four options @seth plum @PaddyP17 @Airman Brown and any other East Stand Block G regulars. Missing both the football and the baking! 
    I would like to add that Mrs Ashburton is a great baker.
  • Options
    I don’t like anything in that list, including the tea or coffee
  • Options
    When I started work in 1987 I learnt about Pantone but had never heard of Panettone.
  • Options
    Has to be pannetone for me , got a chocolate one from Morrisons that tears into separate buns as opposed to the faff of cutting a normal one (have never mastered it always end up with something that could wedge a door shut)
  • Options
    Would have to go with mince pie. The other 3 are rank.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t like anything in that list, including the tea or coffee
    Did mummy spoil you? 😉
  • Options
    This result has really surprised me
    As a ‘none of these’, I voted randomly (well, almost) just to see what surprised you. I have to confess that I was more confident that stellen means put in German than what stollen was. By the way, if stollen is nicked, it’s presumably just stolen.
  • Options
    I prefer Aachener Printen and speculoo. From the list it's stollen for me, with marzipan of course. Without marzipan you have to put butter on it to get it a little bit juicy.
  • Options
    Mince pie all day long. 
  • Options
    Totally addickted to Mince Pies !! yummmmm