Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alfie Doughty - Signed for Luton for an undisclosed fee (p16)

Comments

• Options
    Alfie Spanner.

He'll be playing in the Championship. And we won't.
    And that's probably the reason why he left.

Oh, I forgot the other reason  ........ £££££££££ :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Alfie Spanner.

You mean he left for money and the chance to play in the league above? What a dirty rotten judas...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Alfie Spanner.

He’s a Chelsea fan.
  • Options
    He did not want to leave 
  • Options
    Met one of his neighbours through work.

Apparently he lived in Worcester Park and is a big Chelsea fan. His father isn't particularly interested in football.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Met one of his neighbours through work.

Apparently he lived in Worcester Park and is a big Chelsea fan. His father isn't particularly interested in football.

So Alfie's dad is a spanner.
  • Options
    17 appearances all season, 0 goals and 0 assists. Amazing move for him
  • Options
    Bet he's on big money though. 
  • Options
    I hadn't realised he went on loan to Cardiff in January. He's featured in around half their games since the move
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Simonsen said:

Yep - he could be playing in one or two struggling Championship sides or he could be playing on probably a fifth of the money in a struggling League 1 side. He will eventually find his level but he will never have the regret "if only I made that move". And there are zero guarantees that in our set up he would have become any better a player in that time.
    I think if there was some miracle way we could ever get him back he is the kind of player who fit well into Jaco’s formation

If he shifts some timber... Saw a picture of him recently and he looks like he has been enjoying those Championship wages
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Simonsen said:

Yep - he could be playing in one or two struggling Championship sides or he could be playing on probably a fifth of the money in a struggling League 1 side. He will eventually find his level but he will never have the regret "if only I made that move". And there are zero guarantees that in our set up he would have become any better a player in that time.
    I think if there was some miracle way we could ever get him back he is the kind of player who fit well into Jaco’s formation
    Zero chance we'll get him back but you're right, he'd be the perfect player for the left wing back role. 
  • Options
    And Dijksteel on the right 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Simonsen said:

If he shifts some timber... Saw a picture of him recently and he looks like he has been enjoying those Championship wages
    Alfie Doughy
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    That one is even less likely - 25 starts in the Championship this season. More chance of signing his 20 year old younger brother, Malik, who signed a contract with Middlesbrough to the end of the season but is now on loan with Whitby Town
  • Options
    Doughty would be perfect in the left wing back role. Can I see it happening? Unlikely, unfortunately.
  • Options
    I hadn't realised he went on loan to Cardiff in January. He's featured in around half their games since the move
    Clearly not progressing - yet another kid with talent whose head was turned by money etc rather than concentrating on improving their game. Seems to be happening more and more nowadays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    That one is even less likely - 25 starts in the Championship this season. More chance of signing his 20 year old younger brother, Malik, who signed a contract with Middlesbrough to the end of the season but is now on loan with Whitby Town
    Said with tongue firmly in cheek, but what I'd give for a side that includes; Phillips, Dijksteel, Lockyer, Doughty, Aribo and Grant
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Said with tongue firmly in cheek, but what I'd give for a side that includes; Phillips, Dijksteel, Lockyer, Doughty, Aribo and Grant
    And Bauer, and Bielik, and Cullen, and Gallagher, and Taylor… there you go, that’s an 11 for you.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Dijksteel would be better as the right sided centre back, rather than as a wing back. But as mentioned, zero chance of getting him back. Wouldn't we all love to get that team back together?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    -------Taylor Grant

---------Aribo

Doughty Bielik Cullen CBT

-Lockyer Inniss Dijksteel

--------Phillips

Give me that every day of the week. Take your least favourite player of that line-up and plug Gallagher in. He could probably run a game from centre back in this league.
  • Options
    Wait what?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    And Bauer, and Bielik, and Cullen, and Gallagher, and Taylor… there you go, that’s an 11 for you.
    Lockyer was a weird one for me. One of those players I didn’t necessarily think was ever that great, yet certainly missed him the moment he went. 
  • Options
                              Pope

Konsa.      Gomez.       Sarr 

Dijksteel                                          Doughty

Dobson

Gudmundsson.    Aribo

Lookman.   Grant

A Charlton 11 made up of players who have left the club but are still playing. Excluding Dobson who is the only current player who deserves a shout! :-) 
  • Options
                              Pope

Konsa.      Gomez.       Sarr 

Dijksteel                                          Doughty

Dobson

Gudmundsson.    Aribo

Lookman.   Grant

A Charlton 11 made up of players who have left the club but are still playing. Excluding Dobson who is the only current player who deserves a shout! :-) 
    We signed more than half of them from other clubs, maybe they should have all stayed there and focused on their development as opposed to having their heads turned by money.....