Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alfie Doughty - Signed for Luton for an undisclosed fee (p16)

Comments

• Options
                              Pope

Konsa.      Gomez.       Sarr 

Dijksteel                                          Doughty

Dobson

Gudmundsson.    Aribo

Lookman.   Grant

A Charlton 11 made up of players who have left the club but are still playing. Excluding Dobson who is the only current player who deserves a shout! :-) 
    Defoe for Grant :-)
  • Options
                              Pope

Dobson

Gudmundsson.    Aribo

Lookman.   Grant

A Charlton 11 made up of players who have left the club but are still playing. Excluding Dobson who is the only current player who deserves a shout! :-) 
    I like Dobson but I'd swap him for Shelvey in a heartbeat.
  • Options
                              Pope

Dobson

Gudmundsson.    Aribo

Lookman.   Grant

Defoe for Grant :-)
    Saw earlier he’s reportedly about to retire with immediate effect.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8605366/rangers-jermain-defoe-verge-retirement/
  • Options
                              Pope

Dobson

Gudmundsson.    Aribo

Lookman.   Grant

Assume we're not including loanees? Otherwise I'd be getting Cullen and Gallagher in there.
  • Options
    Is Sarmiento ahead of Gudmundsson yet in our ex player squad…
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    And Dijksteel on the right 
    That one is even less likely - 25 starts in the Championship this season. More chance of signing his 20 year old younger brother, Malik, who signed a contract with Middlesbrough to the end of the season but is now on loan with Whitby Town
    Said with tongue firmly in cheek, but what I'd give for a side that includes; Phillips, Dijksteel, Lockyer, Doughty, Aribo and Grant
    Bauer, sarr and Taylor can all be added to that list

all 9 left because of poor ownership! When you look at that this, it just shows what a hard job TS and the recruitment team had/have to replace all of those players
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    And Dijksteel on the right 
    That one is even less likely - 25 starts in the Championship this season. More chance of signing his 20 year old younger brother, Malik, who signed a contract with Middlesbrough to the end of the season but is now on loan with Whitby Town
    Said with tongue firmly in cheek, but what I'd give for a side that includes; Phillips, Dijksteel, Lockyer, Doughty, Aribo and Grant
    Bauer, sarr and Taylor can all be added to that list

all 9 left because of poor ownership! When you look at that this, it just shows what a hard job TS and the recruitment team had/have to replace all of those players
    Most of those were recruited under bad ownership, just goes to show what a bad job TS and the recruitment team have done to replace all this players.  

From a certain point of view. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him
  • Options
    wonder if we got a sell on
  • Options
    He wont have worked with Nathan Jones in the Academy would he?
  • Options
    He wont have worked with Nathan Jones in the Academy would he?
    There definitely would have been an overlap, albeit too young to have worked with him in the u23s. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Would caveat that with the fact that it says "He’s got huge potential and we’ll have a nice sell-on if he is eventually sold for even more money.”.  Would suggest it's a sell-on on any profit made, and I doubt Luton have paid much above what Stoke paid us, if they even have. 
  • Options
    I doubt Alfie has gone for a big fee and many of these deals are profit related so I doubt we’ll see much if anything. I hope he finds his form there as he’s clearly had a challenging time. 
  • Options
    Wonder if we have a sell on of next sale or profit of next sale. Even if it’s just next sale I doubt he’s gone for all that much unfortunately. Still, any money is more for this season’s pot so it’s all good
  • Options
    edited June 2022
  • Options
    Would caveat that with the fact that it says "He’s got huge potential and we’ll have a nice sell-on if he is eventually sold for even more money.”.  Would suggest it's a sell-on on any profit made, and I doubt Luton have paid much above what Stoke paid us, if they even have. 
    Went to Stoke for £650k so I doubt they’ve recouped that. Whatever sell on we get won’t have much impact on the transfer budget.

Every penny helps when Thomas is losing so much every year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i.e. because he flopped at Stoke and as a result Stoke made a loss when they sold him to Luton, we won't get anything...
  • Options
    He does look a poster boy for Luton town!
  • Options
    Back with Nathan Jones 
  • Options
    Could be a very shrewd signing for Luton if he can get and stay fit.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MattF said:
    Who does that free up for us to loan. 

Or even borrow.
  • Options
    650k was a good fee. TS has done well on the prices of outgoing players.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Back with Nathan Jones 

Yes and No ?

Nathan Jones joined Cafc ten years ago on 27/6/12 as the U21's coach when Alfie Doughty(22) was 12 years old.

Joe Gomez our most talented academy player at that time did get elevated to the U21 when not playing for the U18'S as he was so advanced but even Joe is 25 now.

Jones only stayed for a year leaving to go to Brighton 19/7/13 as assistant head coach but when Garcia left and Hyypia took over Nathan became 1st team coach.