Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Stokes loosening up and gets his 50 just after root got his 150. 
  • Options
    Very enjoyable morning session - time for bed!

355-3, 119 overs

Root 156
    Stokes 63
  • Options
    Got up at half 5. Not been disappointed. These 2 are both in the form of their lives. 

Just hope it lasts till the ashes.
  • Options
    We're obviously batting well but what's the pitch doing?

Is it likely India will also bat well and this peters out into a dull draw?
  • Options
    We're obviously batting well but what's the pitch doing?

Is it likely India will also bat well and this peters out into a dull draw?

The pitch is doing little at the moment and unless it deteriorates on day 4/5 this will be a draw. But the important thing is that we do get that massive score in the bank especially as we were written off by many coming to India.
  • Options
    Missed the first session but now settled in for a feast of batting. What a position for England in the first test of a tough series, let’s hope we can capitalise on it. Root looks so determined to bat on and on, Stokes his usual mix of steady defence and savage attack. 
  • Options
    That scorecard from 4 years ago was insane. 477 1st innings, 102-0 in 2nd and still losing by an innings! 
  • Options
    Oh dear Stokes. 
  • Options
    Shut up @Ashburton you idiot 
  • Options
    Still an important contribution from Stokes and with England's "number 3 in waiting" coming in now I still expect us to get 500 plus.

The irony is that India have gone in with three spinners and just two seamers but the two wickets to the spinners were as a result of our batsmen getting themselves out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AshBurton said:
    Missed the first session but now settled in for a feast of batting. What a position for England in the first test of a tough series, let’s hope we can capitalise on it. Root looks so determined to bat on and on, Stokes his usual mix of steady defence and savage attack. 
    I hope that Buttler bats in a similar way and doesn't go into his shell. A quick 50 from him would really rub India's noses in it.
  • Options
    Still an important contribution from Stokes and with England's "number 3 in waiting" coming in now I still expect us to get 500 plus.

The irony is that India have gone in with three spinners and just two seamers but the two wickets to the spinners were as a result of our batsmen getting themselves out.
    Before Stokes gifted Nadeem a wicket, I was going to point out India’s 4th and 5th bowlers had gone for a combined 0-165. But at 1-170 the point still stands I think. They basically have a 3 man attack. Nadeem doesn’t look to be near the standard of Embuldeniya in Sri Lanka and the other guy is just making up the numbers. 
  • Options
    I still can't get my head round how a spinner can bowl one no ball let alone the half a dozen that Nadeem has bowled. What advantage does he think he has in getting that close to the line and with the third Umpire looking at it he's not going to get away with it anyway.
  • Options
    400-4 at drinks. Doesn't that sound good? Especially as I expected us to be 250-280 all out! As they say, though, you can't tell how good a score it is 'til the other side bat. 
  • Options
    Pope scored off just 2 out of 27 balls, and one of those was a mishit. Taking playing yourself in to the max!
  • Options
    Pope scored off just 2 out of 27 balls, and one of those was a mishit. Taking playing yourself in to the max!
    You’re lucky you’ve never seen me bat then! 
  • Options
    Doesn't it make you laugh. The Indians make sustained, repetitive and against the Laws of the Game appeals for the catch to put pressure on the Umpire and as if there is actually no question whatsoever that Pope is out. They then take their full allocation of time to decide whether they review it because it is that obvious that it is out. They take it out of desperation and they end up losing all their reviews!!!
  • Options
    Ashwin constantly pretending to bowl and then stopping is really pissing me off now. Just wait till I get him to Brisbane. 
  • Options
    Can't help thinking that one of these two is about to commit the cardinal sin of Test cricket - being run out!
  • Options
    200 for Root!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't help thinking that one of these two is about to commit the cardinal sin of Test cricket - being run out!
    Yep they’re getting a bit jumpy , I have the gun loaded and trigger ready to pull if there’s a run out 
  • Options
    200 for Root!!!
    With a 6 , bloke !
  • Options
    Anyone else imagining fans in the ground in those high stands with what appears to have no sides?!?!  It’s giving me anxiety! Especially when they use the fish eye camera when they put up the score card. It distorts the stand to look even higher and precarious!
  • Options

Shep would be hopping around like a madman 
  • Options
    Anyone else imagining fans in the ground in those high stands with what appears to have no sides?!?!  It’s giving me anxiety! Especially when they use the fish eye camera when they put up the score card. It distorts the stand to look even higher and precarious!
    Yes, it looks horrendous! 
  • Options
    Some quality village cricket there 
  • Options
    Pope goes. 
    Never really looked comfortable but not surprising seeing how long since he played a match. 
  • Options
    Yeh Pope definitely looked like he was finding his feet again. Even more reason to leave him at 6 - at least Lawrence has had recent match experience in Sri Lanka. 
  • Options
    Collapsing here