Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    after all these years we finally get test cricket back on terrestrial tv.

but 4am...
  • Options

but 4am...
    zzzzzzzzzzz 
  • Options

but 4am...
    Yeah, fancy not being able to watch it from 11 until 6pm. Those bloody Indians fault for not having triple daylight saving so they are in line with GMT 
  • Options
    3rd Test is a day/nighter which should be a bit easier to wake up for!
  • Options

but 4am...
    Yeah, fancy not being able to watch it from 11 until 6pm. Those bloody Indians fault for not having triple daylight saving so they are in line with GMT 
    well if we're gonna be like that about it I personally would have it start at 6pm going on till 1am.
    shame USA don't like cricket. 
  • Options
    As someone who doesn't have sky sports I am really looking forward to this.
  • Options
    didnt know that, that's genuinely pretty excellent news.

Channel 4 apparently got the rights for the series for less money than BT/Sky pay to show one premier league match. That's crazy good value.
  • Options

Channel 4 apparently got the rights for the series for less money than BT/Sky pay to show one premier league match. That's crazy good value.
    Sky and BT saving their money for other rights (such as Aussie cricket with the Ashes down under next winter) it seems
  • Options

I find it difficult to believe Sky/BT pay more for 2 hrs of Premier League football, than they do for something like 40 hrs of England cricket (including one dayers/T20's), or is this not correct?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beautifully planned, so that our 'A' team can fly over after two tests and clinch the series in front of a bigger home TV audience. 
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this series, although India are a fantastic team, particularly at home.

Add to that the fact that England have chosen to rest & rotate players (although I can understand why),  it should be a comfortable series win for India 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    England win the toss and will bat first.

Burns
    Sibley
    Lawrence
    Root (c)
    Stokes
    Pope
    Buttler
    Bess
    Archer
    Leach
    Anderson
  • Options
    Think I heard them say this is Bumrahs first home test 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Burns dropped first ball by Bumrah (2nd over ) 
    by Pant , tough tough chance , glance down leg

9-0 England 
  • Options
    Slow and steady start for England.

10-0 from 6 overs
  • Options
    48-0 from 18 overs

Silbey 24
    Burns 22
  • Options
    Missed the first hour due to an urgent appointment with sleep, but enjoying the second so far. Not much happening for the bowlers, sensible batting from Burns and Sibley. 49-0. 
  • Options
    Oh no Rory
  • Options
    It was going so well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame. Much of the good work now undone and would have been even worse if Root had been run out from a crazy single in the last over before lunch. 67-2 at lunch. Pitch looks a belter, so England need to go big batting first. 
  • Options
    67-2 from 27 overs

Burns out for 33
    Lawrence out for 0

Sibley 26
    Root 4
  • Options
    Solid start this, really need Root to go onto a decent hundred though.
  • Options
    Burns - does all the hard work and then gives it up with a reverse sweep

Lawrence - new to the crease and he tries to clip a ball from Bumrah that was probably hitting middle/middle and off too square. What's wrong with playing in the "V" and showing the full face of the bat, especially early on and against one of the best fast bowlers in the world? Feel a bit sorry for him because we're shielding Pope at 6 when he's now played 20 Tests - Pope will be our number 3 so why not try him there now?

Decent start though and we'd have taken 127-2 all day long had this been offered to us
  • Options
    140-2 at tea. Excellent session for us - 73 runs without losing a wicket. Sibley 53* (185) and Root 45* (100).

• Options

I find it difficult to believe Sky/BT pay more for 2 hrs of Premier League football, than they do for something like 40 hrs of England cricket (including one dayers/T20's), or is this not correct?
    Channel 4 got a cut price because sky wouldn’t pay the £20 million to buy the rights for this series. Ended up getting it for £7 million whilst sky/bt pay £9 million per premier league game. 
  • Options
    Love the makeshift studio they have at channel 4. Clearly just a room with a couple of cardboard backgrounds and a table with “4” on it. Not bad for 38 hours notice!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Third time I am posting on here that Root has got his 50th 50
    I’m with McBobbin. He’s looking so good again.