Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Haven't looked into it, but I don't understand why broadcasting rights were not sorted weeks ago.

The series starts on Friday!!!
    read a bit about on the weekend. 

it's because the Indian broadcaster Star Sports wants more money. They wanted 20 million plus but might have to settle for alot less if Channel 4 gets it. Its not unusual for a series in Indian to not sort out broadcasting rights until the eleventh hour. 
  • Options
    Haven't looked into it, but I don't understand why broadcasting rights were not sorted weeks ago.

<Large wodge of money.GIF>
  • Options

i suppose in non covid times that would be insane - imagine being a broadcaster not knowing if you're gonna have to jump on a plane to india for a couple of months or not. But i think majority, if not all commentators will commentate from home. 
  • Options

i suppose in non covid times that would be insane - imagine being a broadcaster not knowing if you're gonna have to jump on a plane to india for a couple of months or not. But i think majority, if not all commentators will commentate from home. 
    I don't think there will be any UK-based journalists sent to cover the series in India. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I don't think there will be any UK-based journalists sent to cover the series in India. 
    no mark nicholas leading with simon hughes stuck in a windowless caravan outside the stadium then. Shame
  • Options

read a bit about on the weekend. 

it's because the Indian broadcaster Star Sports wants more money. They wanted 20 million plus but might have to settle for alot less if Channel 4 gets it. Its not unusual for a series in Indian to not sort out broadcasting rights until the eleventh hour. 
    Well if that's the case, good on Sky & BT for not bidding silly money 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

no mark nicholas leading with simon hughes stuck in a windowless caravan outside the stadium then. Shame
    Simon Hughes has been doing the tactics-truck summarising for BT for the amazing Aus/India series!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I think Mark Butcher is the only one
  • Options
    Chizz said:

A good one if true!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bumble will be commentating from his home - in between putting the bins out, answering the door for Amazon deliveries and taking the dog for a walk!
    And cheering on Stanley in the race for 6th. Sorry Bumble but it's personal
  • Options
    Bumble will be commentating from his home - in between putting the bins out, answering the door for Amazon deliveries and taking the dog for a walk!
    Works well on TMS, it was always about pigeons flying past, what was happening on the building site next to the ground, cakes etc as much as the cricket, now it's the stuff about working from home, the neighbour'a cat....
  • Options
    I dread the day when Bumble retires or passes away with the mic in his hand even if the latter would be quite fitting!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Sent out to India?  There will be a few people questioning how critical it is for someone to travel to India as a journalist. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Sent out to India?  There will be a few people questioning how critical it is for someone to travel to India as a journalist. 
    I feel like he might have been there already? Or maybe already with the retinue in Australia? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

I suspect that he's flown from Sri Lanka to India but I might be wrong on that count
  • Options
    Oh yeah or that
  • Options
    Oh, Nick Knight will be the other English commentator
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder who the team will be? so do they just scrap their entire schedule for the next 5 days? Good for them and anyone who wants to watch, but it seems mad. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Surely they'll spread the coverage across C4, E4, More4, Film4 and 4Music. All are available free to air and online, and I'm sure, especially with the lack of new productions in the 12 months, that between the 5 stations they are showing reruns on at least 1 station at all time when the cricket is on.

My mrs is going to be pissed if they take Scrubs off the air each night to shows the cricket though lol

Thinking about it, play will be from around 4/5am until 12/1pm, so they could easily show it all on one station. Then have a highlights show on C4 at 8pm, so minimal scheduling changes needed. 
  • Options
    England batsman Zak Crawley may miss the first Test against India in Chennai after injuring his wrist in training.
    Crawley, 23, slipped outside the changing rooms on Tuesday.
    The Kent right-hander, who opened in England's 2-0 Test series win in Sri Lanka, was expected to bat at three for England in India to accommodate returning opener Rory Burns.
    Crawley could be replaced by Surrey's Ollie Pope, who is back in the squad after a shoulder injury.
    England also have Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer returning for the four-Test series, which begins on Friday.

The Charlton injury curse strikes again...
  • Options
    England batsman Zak Crawley may miss the first Test against India in Chennai after injuring his wrist in training.
    Crawley, 23, slipped outside the changing rooms on Tuesday.
    The Kent right-hander, who opened in England's 2-0 Test series win in Sri Lanka, was expected to bat at three for England in India to accommodate returning opener Rory Burns.
    Crawley could be replaced by Surrey's Ollie Pope, who is back in the squad after a shoulder injury.
    England also have Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer returning for the four-Test series, which begins on Friday.

The Charlton injury curse strikes again...
    Too many late night movies in quarantine. 
  • Options
    Zac Crawley out of first two Tests. Bad blow (literally) for the lad
  • Options

Following the results of last night’s scan, England top-order batsman Zak Crawley has been ruled out of the first two Tests of the India versus England series.

Scan results have confirmed that Crawley has jarred his right wrist, which has sprained the joint and led to local inflammation.

The Kent player sustained the injury during England’s practice in Chennai on Tuesday when he slipped on the marble floor leaving the dressing rooms onto the field of play.

The England medical team will continue to assess his progress over the next few weeks.

• Options
    Good news that it's only a sprain at least, but a shame for him, and England given we've struggled.for a number 3.
  • Options
    BBC lose out totally .. Radio rights go to Talksport

OFF TOPIC .. nice story in last Sunday Times about Sam Billings .. he and his family are all Man U supporters (typical southern glory seekers) .. game v 'the Red Devils' at the Valley when Sam was little more than a nipper, Family Billings were seated amongst Addicks fans .. Man U scored, Sammy started cheering wildly, dad had to tell him to cool it NOW ((:>) .. they survived the incident
  • Options
    6.30 alarm tomorrow to watch from the second session. Hopefully catch the end of our first innings if we win the toss...