Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Whole different picture now that Root is out. Still backing us though. Just needs everyone to stand up and just keep eeking out 5 more and 5 more. 
    Get 'em in fives, lads
  • Options
    Lawrence out for 2 89-4
  • Options
    Caught bat and pad.
  • Options
    Definitely make SL favourites now.

Need a good innings from Buttler.
  • Options
    SL still 3-1 with Skybet
  • Options

lol really??? Still think england in the driving seat still
  • Options
    100 up for 4 need 64 to win 22 overs to close of play.
  • Options
    Is it 22 overs plus an extra half hour? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Didn't Anderson struggle with injuries as well as form early on when they tried to 'coach' his action? 
    He had a year out with a stress fracture.  Cummins missed several although seems to have outgrown his issues. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sri lanka leaking runs like a sieve. We'll have it wrapped up by midday GMT imo
  • Options
    Sibley has ridden his luck today - three times he's been given "not out" and all three times it's been "umpires call"
  • Options

lol really??? Still think england in the driving seat still
    Alright maybe a little of an overreaction!

Just thought with Root gone, Sibley looking shaky, SL were probably Buttler's wicket away from being very close!
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    It'll be interesting at what stage Covid restrictions will be by early June
  • Options
    Well done Dom Sibley. Goes through to a fine 50 for 3.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    new zealand top ranked test team, but we only play them twice? Joke.
  • Options
    Really impressed with England there. That was a tough run chase & they made it look easy.

This test side has improved under Silverwood. Good signs
  • Options
    I think we'll get battered in India though!! 😁
  • Options
    Superb from England. Winning 2-0 batting fourth in both matches is a fine achievement, whatever you say about the variable quality of the opposition. 
  • Options
    Well done to England but do think we shouldn't get too carried away with this 2-0 victory. Root with 426 runs and almost 300 ahead of our next top run scorer has rather papered over some potential cracks. Hopefully with one or two coming back for India and the experience of playing on turning tracks will help the others.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    This is what I'm wondering , I'd love to think there could be some kind of limited attendance at Lord's for the first test but we'll have to wait and see. 
  • Options
    Good from England and Sibley especially. Absolutely pathetic from SL. India will be a proposition from another planet 
  • Options
    Never in doubt
  • Options
    That's the spirit

:smile:
  • Options
    2-0 England, well played lads and a good innings from the Vicar Of Sibley.
  • Options
    Well done to England but do think we shouldn't get too carried away with this 2-0 victory. Root with 426 runs and almost 300 ahead of our next top run scorer has rather papered over some potential cracks. Hopefully with one or two coming back for India and the experience of playing on turning tracks will help the others.
    Well yes, there is that. I’ve been watching England’s top order, except Root, from behind the sofa. The bowling figures of Leach and Bess clearly flattered them in Sri Lanka’s first and last innings of the series. Burns, Pope and Stokes to come back at some stage in India though, but we will miss the new improved Buttler after the first test. 
  • Options
    Especially with the bubble squad rotation, cold players coming in, and form players going home
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Feel a bit sorry for Joe Root's critics, to be honest.  They're running out of things to moan about.  

This year, he's proving to be the most in-form Test cricketer in the world.  As a batsman, he's scored more runs and made more hundreds than any other player this year.  As a fielder, no-one (other than wicket keepers) has taken more catches.  (And his pick of wicket keeper has taken more catches than any other).  He's put on the highest partnership for any wicket, for any team this year (with Lawrence).  He's put on more runs with Bairstow this year than any other partnership for any team.  And, as a bowler, he's second in the list of Test bowling averages this year. 

Most importantly, he's won more Tests than any other captain in the world this year. 

I am sure there are some that will find fault.  But, for me, he's continuing to be outstanding.
    To be fair it is only 25th of January 
  • Options
    good win against a side which has nosedived in form over the past few years .. India fresh and confident after Oz will be a real test over the next few weeks