Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Plymouth | Boxing Day | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Is Shinnie back?!
    No
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    2-1 WIN - We go a goal down, but fight back to 1-1 from a shot that Maddison drills in, but is saved to fall for Washington.

Smyth then assists Aneke late on.

Amos
    Gunter - Oshilaja - Pearce - Maatsen
    Watson
    Morgan - Williams
    Maddison
    Bogle - Washington

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Pratley, Purrington, F.Caskey, Smyth, Aneke,
    Edited as I'd hoped Shinnie would be back against all odds.

• Options
    Bottle of red (or 2), delicious leftovers and charlton on the telly. Perfect.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Bristol Rovers V Portsmouth postponed for the 29Th, so ideal opportunity
    to rearrange our game against Rovers?, lets see if it can happen :)
  • Options
    Can't wait for this break from reality
    Me too
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Both B/Rovers and Pompey have players out with Covid, unless they only isolate for 10 days now
  • Options
    Will Charlton piss on my Boxing Day bubble n squeak?

Nah!

2-1 to the Addicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5-0. The day it all came good! COYR!!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Both B/Rovers and Pompey have players out with Covid, unless they only isolate for 10 days now
    Bristol Rovers play on Boxing Day so are back from isolation

Would be a great idea to play them on the 29th but maybe too late in the day to organise
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Would be a great idea to play them on the 29th but maybe too late in the day to organise
    No fans to worry about, so if both clubs wanted to, I might be possible when normally it wouldn't. To be honest though, I think the Christmas programme that is normally too busy has become the opposite and not sure we would want to make it busier.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

No fans to worry about, so if both clubs wanted to, I might be possible when normally it wouldn't. To be honest though, I think the Christmas programme that is normally too busy has become the opposite and not sure we would want to make it busier.
    Be interesting when we do get both the Bristol Rovers and Peterborough games re-arranged

Dont want to leave it too late in case January | February | March has fixtures decimated, bet the EFL wont want to have to go into June or July for its season again this year what with the Euros... As a result they'll probably end up making teams play Saturday | Tuesday | Thursday in a week if they have to
  • Options
    There is an argument to get your points per game high enough so that in the event of the season being stopped you get between 1.8 to 2 points a game. Basically, we are good enough to focus on the upcoming scheduled games and get something from them.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    There is an argument to get your points per game high enough so that in the event of the season being stopped you get between 1.8 to 2 points a game. Basically, we are good enough to focus on the upcoming scheduled games and get something from them.
    Take your point but isnt that the same as saying "there is an argument for winning as many games as you can"?
  • Options
    Smyth and Morgan back in squad for this game. Good news.

Shinnie is 2 weeks away, shame but if we have a fixture pile up, will help as number of games missed has not been high. 
  • Options
    Plymouth are bottom of the away form league table, so we all know what's likely.
    However I'll go with my heart and say 2-0 to the rip roaring, goal scoring, mighty addicks.
  • Options
    Take your point but isnt that the same as saying "there is an argument for winning as many games as you can"?
    Agree, but we do have it within our power not to worry about it too much. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we play attacking football from the off, like we did against Ipswich & 2nd half against Wimbledon then we will win. Play tentatively, passing backwards & sideways and defend a goal lead with 15 to go we will draw at best.

Playing a team not in great form & who have recently shipped in 3,4 & 5 goals then we should take the game by the throat & if we have any ambition of getting promotion we should also be scoring 3+ goals

Sadly I feel Bowyer will revert to type & we lose 2-1. 
  • Options
    If we play attacking football from the off, like we did against Ipswich & 2nd half against Wimbledon then we will win. Play tentatively, passing backwards & sideways and defend a goal lead with 15 to go we will draw at best.

Playing a team not in great form & who have recently shipped in 3,4 & 5 goals then we should take the game by the throat & if we have any ambition of getting promotion we should also be scoring 3+ goals

Sadly I feel Bowyer will revert to type & we lose 2-1. 
    If we lose we lose fair enough but if we lose through negativity then I dont think I can bear the fall out on here 😫😫😫
  • Options
    2-0 home win .
  • Options
    Tonight Bowyer is going to be visited by three ghosts. As a result, we will become a front foot team again and give Plymouth a seasonal stuffing with lashings of sage and foreveraddicted 

• Options
    Pratley has started every game this season. It's practically bang on for the Watson & Pratley duo to be on the pitch again.
  • Options
    amos
    Matthews pratley pearce maatsen
    morgan watson williams
    smyth Aneke Maddison

this would be my starting line up - blow them away, get the gane won, make the fans happy, stop pissing about 

• Options
    Will go one way only, a win, hopefully by a couple of goals, so 2-0 :)
    However i am also predicting that some lucky *winner* will be one
    up at half time, and won't give a sod what the score is, just thinking
    of getting an insurance quote :/