Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rate My Plate is back! 2020 edition

Was good fun last year so we’ll give it another whirl. Couple of things to note:

1. Please send any entries tomorrow via the Inbox facility to me. If not familiar, click on Inbox in top screen panel, start a new message and type my username in the recipients. To attach a photo, have it saved on your phone, click on the picture icon in the panel above the text box, and select from your files.

2. Last year I was inundated with about 40 entries and chose about 20 in the end. It was probably too many, both on the site and time consuming for me, so this year I’ll probably choose just10 at random . Please don’t have the hump if yours don’t get chosen, I’ll try to select 10 that differ in style.

3. Please don’t enter if you are likely to be offended in any way by comments received. One of the underlying aspects of RMP is the brutality of the comments. Mark fair, comment how you like. 

Comments

• Options
    Excellent news
  • Options
    You'll have my entry tomorrow... Last year it was the parents and in-laws who let me down

This year its the wife whose dinner is "potentially" getting judged
  • Options
    Can't wait for this 
  • Options
    Oh the dilemma.

I was going to use Aunt Bessies Yorkshire puddings as it’s just me and my son now with Christmas locked down but now I am mightily tempted to make my own in case I get picked out.....

Worth an extra mark at least.
  • Options
    You'll have my entry tomorrow... Last year it was the parents and in-laws who let me down

Pretty sure one of the things to let you down was the Turkey leg, which u admitted was your choice 🤣🤣 dont go blaming the parents and in-laws
  • Options
    yessss. can't wait to see just how terrible some people's dinners are

could we have a reminder of/link to last years winner please?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    I was by far the winner in my category. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pretty sure one of the things to let you down was the Turkey leg, which u admitted was your choice 🤣🤣 dont go blaming the parents and in-laws
    Wasnt cooked properly either - I love meat off the bone though
  • Options
    Why are Yorkshires with Christmas Dinner such a no no?
  • Options
    We have yorkshires with so many things. Lovely buggers. 
  • Options
    As someone not interested in the slightest in this would it be possible to keep it to just one thread or add it to the groups section please?

Must have been about 15 separate threads last year polluting this Forum. Was difficult to get to meaningful threads last time. 
     Ho bloody ho.
  • Options
    As someone not interested in the slightest in this would it be possible to keep it to just one thread or add it to the groups section please?

Must have been about 15 separate threads last year polluting this Forum. Was difficult to get to meaningful threads last time. 
    You have too much time on your hands mate. Actually, we all do which is why I shall be photographing my dinner tomorrow. lol
  • Options
    I’ll upload a photo this year so you can all see what a Danish Christmas dinner looks like. Thomas would approve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    I’ll upload a photo this year so you can all see what a Danish Christmas dinner looks like. Thomas would approve.

Double blankets on your pigs then, I presume?

• Options
    There were some proper stinkers last year. Cant wait for tomorrow now.
  • Options
    I had a curry last year, i'm guessing that wouldn't have made it?
  • Options
    Good stuff. 

The only problem with fewer entries is that some good ones will inevitably be jettisoned for some of the more er eclectic entries. 
  • Options

Wasnt cooked properly either - I love meat off the bone though
    Was this the anaemic meat millennium Falcon ? 
  • Options
    Just sent you mine @AFKABartram
  • Options
    Don’t be don’t be such a miso, it’s ten threads for 2 days in a year. If you really want to avoid, navigate the forum via Categories and don’t click on the Non Sports Related category.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/categories/all
    Look forward to their removal on 27th, unlike last year. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Ignore, it’s a roast dinner. Of course Yorkies are fine with it
    Sometimes your friends have to tell you things you don't want to hear.  Yorkshires go with roast beef. If you are having roast beef, go for it.  For god's sake,  why do we have traditions at all?  Just be like cafcsinger and have curry If you want to be an anarchist.   Just throw everything in the blender and cook it in the microwave.  
  • Options
    Just sent you mine @AFKABartram
    Are you back home in New Zealand?

Either that or the Danish Time Difference with England is greater than I realised ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!