Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xmas Threads 2020 - Booze

whose started already? What you suppin? What’s on the agenda for the rest of the day?

Comments

• Options
    Not started yet but have a fridge full of booze to get through. Ordered it when we thought we had people coming over. Will begin with a hoeggarden or 3 then onto champers with dinner. Will move into g&t’s later and finish off with baby guiness shots (kahlua and baileys)
  • Options
    Started yesterday and will stop sunday evening. 

Guinness 
    Lager (Carlsberg and amstel)
    Adnams Broadside 
    Sherry (Bristol )
    Baileys 
    Rioja

Giving it up new year so making hay now.

• Options
    Just started on Romate Old & Plus Pedro Ximinez Sherry - expensive but the best.

Will decant a bottle of Poderi Oddero Barolo Rocche di Castiglione 2014 in about an hour for Lunch.

Bottle of 2015 Brunester Porto Dop Late Bottle Vintage Port post lunch

Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 year old Rum for the evening until I pass out.

Just hope the pacemaker holds out.

Love my Christmas Day alcohol excess and start working on what I'm going to have in about October.

• Options
    Bucks fizz, missus bought a load of it ages ago so gotta get through it.
  • Options
    Just enjoying a bottle of Gadds No 5 beer. Will have a few of those today. Then onto the red wine for dinner/evening and either a couple of G&Ts or single malts to finish the day
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Just opened a Leffe Brun, got some Westmalle for later.
  • Options
    Cracked open first pilsner urquell just now and that will be my go to fuel for the day.
    Plan on having a glass or 2 of Malbec that my sister bought for me with dinner.
    Spiced rum for later and if I fancy something sweet, bought a bottle of Malibu strawberry spritz.
  • Options
    Just had Baileys and ice, another soon while preparing dinner, a good Rose wine with dinner, maybe Amaretto after. Barolo tonight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just working my way through the bucks fizz but will be getting on the moretti after and then the spiced rum for late afternoon/evening.
  • Options

Courtesy of The Long Pond.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Just opened a Leffe Brun, got some Westmalle for later.

A man with fine taste.

I am having a Rochefort 8 with my dinner, and possibly a Rochefort 10 later if I feel like the evening needs spicing up. 

Leffe Noel in the perfectdraft for now. 
  • Options
    Bucks fizz ( verve cliquot and tropicana smooth) so far. A couple of Cobras before dinner then a Sancerre and a pinot noir with dins, see what happens after that
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    What is it with the Bucks Fizz?

Why ruin a decent Champagne? Surely only a philistine would add tropicana to a Veuve?
  • Options
    whose started already? What you suppin? What’s on the agenda for the rest of the day?
    Been drinking Monkey Shoulder since about 10am 😬
  • Options
    Glass of pink Prosecco earlier. 

Just finished a siren nitro cold steeped Porter. 

Now on a Tinworks Daren IPA 
  • Options
    Watching the playoff final with a warm fosters and a scalding hot pie to complete the match day experience. 🎄👍
  • Options
    Had bucks fizz with breakfast, then a couple of San Miguels. Will move on to wine with dinner, then Fords Gin Martinis and Wild Turkey Old Fashioneds after that, wife will be on Bailey's in the evening and I'll be on the run, just got this bad boy for Christmas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    these three bad boys will while away the evening. Had a Buck’s Fizz breakfast, a couple of scotches (the Balvennie and the Ledaig) to ease the cooking process and a nice bottle of Sauvignon blanc to wash down dinner. 
  • Options
    On call for the fire service until Boxing Day morning, then I will hit the Guiness and red wine.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Watching the playoff final with a warm fosters and a scalding hot pie to complete the match day experience. 🎄👍
    What was the score? 
  • Options

Added some ice and lemon to liven it up.
  • Options
    Just opened a bottle of Domaine Bousquet
    and looks like i'm the only one drinking it this year. Nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Addickted said:
    What is it with the Bucks Fizz?

Why ruin a decent Champagne? Surely only a philistine would add tropicana to a Veuve?
    Yep, thats why I can't even spell it correctly.
  • Options
    Been on prosecco and orange juice to start the day, had a few dockyard whiskys and that stuff is glorious. First batch get it while you can 

Now on elvis juice whilst my wife is arguing with the oven and have got some very nice Lazio vino for dinner which I've been waiting for all day. Just been out for a walk and I dont recall a day so quiet

I rarely drink Christmas day because of boxing day football, hangovers from Christmas eve and being the designated driver on Christmas day making up for all that today 

Just need that bowel movement we were all talking about on the shitting thread to make some room for dinner 
  • Options
    A couple of bottles of black sheep early doors 
  • Options
    With the bird