Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Plymouth | Boxing Day 2020

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Cool video that at the training ground. Who is No 16...Shinnie I guess?
    Biggest brain explosion is the fact that even Chuks pronounces his surname: Anekie

I always thought it was Anekey and opposition commentators were getting it wrong
  • Options
    Right. Let’s get this clear. We are playing an injury ravaged team that Ben Reeves and Frank Nouble can’t get into.  Just hold that thought Lee and go for it. 
  • Options
    Crawley suggesting on twitter Maatsen will be playing midfield which would mean Matthews at LB?  

Makes no Purrington an even weirder decision. Must be injured.
    He’s dross. 
  • Options
    When's the range rover draw? 
  • Options
    Right. Let’s get this clear. We are playing an injury ravaged team that Ben Reeves and Frank Nouble can’t get into.  Just hold that thought Lee and go for it. 
    I got the shivers for a moment, thinking you were talking about us!!
  • Options
    So it's pronounced Chooks rather than Chucks!

Chooks like hens
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Half time
  • Options
    Maatsen playing in midfield gives us the pace that we’ve been desperately missing. I can see the logic behind it.

Matthews is obviously the better player compared to Purrington but we’ll have to wait and see how he does as a left back. It could be a good way of getting both of them in the team.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Good job no fans are allowed in because if we go 1 nil down I'd be booing  !!
    Attaboy Golfie, raising the white flag 45 minutes before kick off!
    I'm only following the manager who raised it at 2pm when the teams were announced. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Chunes said:
    The constant moaning and misery looks tiresome
    You could always share your own positive view (of the lineup) to help brighten things up
    I don’t really have a positive or negative view until I see how it plays. Hopefully it goes well but even if it doesn’t, we have a very strong bench and 5 available subs. 

I don’t see any reason to be as glum as people are making out
    Fair enough, but it's not a wild accusation for people to call it a defensive lineup, and it's perfectly fine for people to have a negative view of it being defensive when we're playing at home against a side in the form of Plymouth. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ive found a thing saying 'settings' on my laptop - something like quality settings - it's on auto but there's other possibilities 300p and that sort of thing. What on earth is that?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Good job no fans are allowed in because if we go 1 nil down I'd be booing  !!
    Attaboy Golfie, raising the white flag 45 minutes before kick off!
    I'm only following the manager who raised it at 2pm when the teams were announced. 
    Bang on form - I could've predicted that response, but didn't want to spoil it for you.
  • Options
    Warm-ups are done and we are ready to go! Settle in, fire up Valley Pass Live and enjoy the action.... UP THE ADDICKS! #cafc

• Options
    I've backed crackle 1st goalscorer and crackle to win by crackle.
    Crackletastic. 
  • Options
    I'm not watching today. Someone let me know if I win the range.
    Will do... I'll go pick it up for you and wave as I drive past your place
    Delivery to medway would be great. Thanks mate.
    Well I live in Medway myself so am sure if you hunt for long enough you'll find it parked on my driveway
    You've said Strood before so I'm on to you.
  • Options
    Looks like a back 5 to match up to them. Don't have a problem with that particularly as it gives us some much needed width. 

Not sure wi would have Watson with a back 5 though personally. I think JFC could play the Cullen role and Pratleys best games have come when he has been stepping between midfield and defense. He knows exactly when to come out and when not to. Watson will still be operating in similar areas. 

Good to see the pace of Smyth on the bench. Will help massively second half whether we are winning or chasing the game. Hope Morgan gets a run out too.
    Looks like a back three to match them up.
  • Options
    I'm not watching today. Someone let me know if I win the range.
    Will do... I'll go pick it up for you and wave as I drive past your place
    Delivery to medway would be great. Thanks mate.
    Well I live in Medway myself so am sure if you hunt for long enough you'll find it parked on my driveway
    You've said Strood before so I'm on to you.
    Exactly... I'm safe here, you'll be too afraid of catching something and losing most of your teeth ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    woops
  • Options
    Crawley suggesting on twitter Maatsen will be playing midfield which would mean Matthews at LB?  

Makes no Purrington an even weirder decision. Must be injured.
    After listening to Curbs talk about how Plymouth lined up last week against MK Dons I think it will be 5 at the back, with Maatsen and Matthews as wing backs. Although that then leaves a back 3 of Pearce, Pratley & Gunter. Yikes  !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    CAFCsayer said:
    already been done but TS will announce it at half time.

Filmed the interview with the winner already; so hard to pretend you're surprised.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Too many players out of position for my liking, could have put round pegs in those holes but Bowyer does like to keep us guessing and doubt many of us predicted that.

See how it goes I guess
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks.... COME ON YOUUU REDDSSS!! #cafc
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Filmed the interview with the winner already; so hard to pretend you're surprised.
    So I've not won then. Boooooo.
  • Options
  • Options
    Great side. Three at the back to match them. Maatsen in a midfield role he often plays in for Chelsea. Chucks up front
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Pretty decent team... What can we moan about this afternoon pre-match? ;)

Subs will be a bit shit too with Oshilaja the only defensive option

TBF as a non moaner but someone who will always speak my mind about all things football tactics I hope we start on the front foot today as we have been for too negative other than 2nd half against Wimbledon.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Spoiler alert :s
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I guess thats why you had to buy a stream for this game before Sunday night to get that extra entry rather than anyone up until KO today
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!