Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The cancelled game thread (due to Covid)

Comments

• Options
    Sheffield United hit by cases but the game at Burnley goes ahead
  • Options
    Quiet day at work...
  • Options
    Hull's game is off tonight because a number of their players have tested positive for Covid.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/2020/december/club-statement-lincoln-city-fixture-suspended/

Presumably our game there on Saturday will be called off as well?

That was called off before Christmas. 
    Not sure that's right.

Our game at Peterborough tonight was called off before Christmas but I don't think Saturday's game at Hull has yet been officially called off. It's not shown as postponed on the website, for example
  • Options
    Remember when Spurs were awarded the game against Leyton orient earlier in the season due to Covid at Orient & they couldn't fulfil the fixture. 

Bet that doesn't happen if city can't play the semi final. 

Double standards 
    Orient had to forfeit because the earlier rounds were all played one week after the other, and Spurs had no other free midweeks because they were in the Europa league.

Obviously if City can't play the semi final then it'll get rescheduled because:
    a) there's over 3 months until the final and
    b) the sponsors (and obviously sky) will not want to lose a Manchester derby semi final.
  • Options
    Hull's game is off tonight because a number of their players have tested positive for Covid.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/2020/december/club-statement-lincoln-city-fixture-suspended/

Not sure that's right.

Our game at Peterborough tonight was called off before Christmas but I don't think Saturday's game at Hull has yet been officially called off. It's not shown as postponed on the website, for example
    I think he means Hulls game tonight was called off before christmas
  • Options

Not sure that's right.

I think he means Hulls game tonight was called off before christmas
    I do. 
  • Options

apparently Hull still "in discussions with EFL" about postponements, including our fixture.
    in English that means Hull will get to do just as they please, as and when they please, cos there isn't a single worthwhile human in executive post at EFL who will decide anything on anything ever until someone else puts their hand up to take full responsibility and meet all costs and consequences
    #notfitforpurpose
    This.

It looks like Hull had cases before xmas & called off their Boxing Day & tonights fixtures on the 24th. Sat 2nd is 10 days from the 24th. Just depends when players were put into isolation because if its before the 24th then our game should go ahead. I can't see that it was any later than the 23rd otherwise they legitimately could call our game off. As they haven't I can only assume it's because they had cases before the 24th. But as per the above, the EFL are not only useless but down right incompetent. It's getting close to all getting out of hand.
  • Options
    Premier League clubs have met to discuss a potential 2 week break to try to halt the spread following a spike in cases.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reports of a two week break for the Premiership 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Reports of a two week break for the Premiership 
    3rd round FA Cup on the 9th so that's a bit pointless. 

I was just wondering if Sky would be paying for tests, especially for League 1 clubs. They wouldn't want our game against Accrington (plus the others scheduled for tv that weekend) called off when they haven't got much to show over that weekend.
  • Options
    According to the Accrington owner, each test costs them £125. Not cheap. 
  • Options
    Spurs v Fulham at risk of being postponed 
  • Options
    Seems it's not just the EFL who have no set rules for Covid.

Man City were able to call their game off last night. Yet Sheffield Utd who "confirmed the club recorded a number of positive coronavirus tests after the latest round of testing", play their game tonight at Burnley.
  • Options
    The winter break? Wonder where they’ll fly off to?
    This. Premier League matches being played or not will not do anything to halt the spread of the virus given the testing they carry out.

Different matter if most clubs are suffering mass outbreaks but given they do regular testing i'm not sure what a two week break solves.

Excuse for a winter break.
  • Options
    Exactly money grabbing pricks 
  • Options
    No doubt " friendlies abroad" similar to those during pre season 
  • Options
    Exactly money grabbing pricks 
    Is it really necessary for you to swear in most of your posts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazing that Man City v Everton was called off and Fulham v Tottenham is in doubt and twitter has gone crazy with how bad it is and there needs to be a break to prevent this, its causing chaos in the Premier League(based on 2 games)

But in League 1

Sunderland havent played since December 15th
    Doncaster have had 3 games in a row called off
    Rochdale have had 2 games in a row called off

We have played 1 game over Christmas due to teams we were playing calling games off and I seriously doubt are game against Hull goes ahead.

League 1 has been in chaos for ages due to covid but no one talks about that
  • Options
    Amazing that Man City v Everton was called off and Fulham v Tottenham is in doubt and twitter has gone crazy with how bad it is and there needs to be a break to prevent this, its causing chaos in the Premier League(based on 2 games)

But in League 1

Sunderland havent played since December 15th
    Doncaster have had 3 games in a row called off
    Rochdale have had 2 games in a row called off

We have played 1 game over Christmas due to teams we were playing calling games off and I seriously doubt are game against Hull goes ahead.

League 1 has been in chaos for ages due to covid but no one talks about that
    I’m sure you’re not really surprised mate. It’s all been unfairly biased towards PL for years. In a way, we’ll have to hope that now focus is on PL that EFL will feel the need to also do something about league 1/2 (haha doubtful they’ll do anything),
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    7 games called off in NLS last night, 5 off in the NL.

But it will be PL call offs that bring this to a head, as clearly outside the PL the authorities will just let this drag on unless forced to actually do something 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Is there a mandatory testing regime in the EFL? I think there is in the Prem (hence them uncovering all of these cases in this round of testing) but a Gillingham supporting mate told me earlier that they’ve “not really been carrying out any mass testing” due to the cost. I would have assumed that “elite” football getting approval to restart would have been based on a pretty strict testing regime. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Glovepup said:
    Is there a mandatory testing regime in the EFL? I think there is in the Prem (hence them uncovering all of these cases in this round of testing) but a Gillingham supporting mate told me earlier that they’ve “not really been carrying out any mass testing” due to the cost. I would have assumed that “elite” football getting approval to restart would have been based on a pretty strict testing regime. 
    No way can the smaller clubs afford all the Covid testing costs with bugger all income
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Glovepup said:
    Pretty sure just the premier League and champions regularly test. League one and two are just like the rest of us muggles
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Glovepup said:
    No way can the smaller clubs afford all the Covid testing costs with bugger all income
    They've got the wonga from the Premier League.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Glovepup said:
    se9addick said:
    Glovepup said:
    Pretty sure just the premier League and champions regularly test. League one and two are just like the rest of us muggles
    Understood, can’t see the matches lasting much longer. 
  • Options
    Given that our game at Hull is likely to be off, I'll certainly be leaving it until very shortly before kick off before purchasing a stream. I imagine there'll be a further round of testing for the Hull players towards the end of this week.

Hopefully a reasonably firm decision can be made on Friday (subject to anyone developing overnight symptoms) to save our squad the time, cost and energy of travelling all the way up there, only for a postponement to be announced a few hours before kick off. A very difficult situation for everyone and I can certainly see an unprecedented fixture pile up towards the end of the season.
  • Options
    State of the L1 fixture list...