Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Pulis sacked by Sheff Wed

Comments

• Options
    The chairman won't pay the players so they down tools and it's all Pulis's fault?
  • Options
    edited December 2020

What do you get if you play tug-of-war with a pig ? Pulled Pork.

Obviously a better class of Christmas cracker this year Sam 😉.
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:
    I’ve been told players have not been paid. Not sure if that’s true, but imagine that’s a contributory factor to Pulis leaving if true. 
    It's definitely true.

"The Professional Footballers' Association has been called in to offer advice after Sheffield Wednesday failed to pay its players on time"
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

So true Red Chaser, ordered from Ham-leys of Regent street.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    These people. It's a fucking disgrace what these crook owners are allowed to get away with.

I cant fucking stand Sheffield Wednesday normally, even before all that cheating shit came up, but we more than anyone should be able to recognise and empathise with having dogshit owners.
    100%.
    I have always like Wednesday, my Wednesday mates all know that they are in a bad place and wonder where it will all end.  Some even think they might have been better off getting relegated and do not try and justify them staying up last season.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I get mine from abroad, Hockenheim, trouble is I only did  German for one year at school 😉.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    When the likes of the ex owner of Wigan,
    Au Yeung Wai Kay check out Administration before buying the club no wonder we have so many problems within the EFL. Add Covid to the mix and this will end in tears for many clubs.

We know about asset strippers.
  • Options
    Au Yeung Wai Kay check out Administration before buying the club no wonder we have so many problems within the EFL. Add Covid to the mix and this will end in tears for many clubs.
    I dont get that one Sam. Wheres the punchline?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

I get mine from abroad, Hockenheim, trouble is I only did  German for one year at school 😉.
    Probably still better than your English mate.
    Happy new year in advance.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Dir auch, mein Freund 👍
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I dont get that one Sam. Wheres the punchline?

I go from streaky pig gags to serious shite.
    I'm all gammon faced now.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I suspect he asked for some spending cash, got told 'no' and was sacked before he walked .. he must be a millionaire a few times over, he doesn't need the hassle as much as some other managerial addicts, Warnock, Allardyce and co.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Dir auch, mein Freund 👍
    Tack sa mycket kompis.
    I am glad you're back posting more regular recently, I was worried about your arthritis in the hands.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Dir auch, mein Freund 👍
    Tack sa mycket kompis.
    I am glad you're back posting more regular recently, I was worried about your arthritis in the hands.
    Misspent youth 😉.
  • Options
    Would have thought that’s his last massive job, leagues 1&2 now for him should he want it. He’s no Colin Wanker. 
  • Options
    Sometimes the manager just has to admit he is not up to such a mahoosif job...

There's,
    Real
    Barca
    Manure
    Bindippers

THEN there's Chef Wendy.

I wish them nothing but the worst.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh God some of the press is saying Gus Poyet is a frontrunner.  He could set them up for L2 within a month.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:
    Oh God some of the press is saying Gus Poyet is a frontrunner.  He could set them up for L2 within a month.
    Shit on the pitch and shit in the dressing room.
  • Options
    Since Morgan Fox left, Sheffield Wednesday are rubbish  :)
    You mean since Katrien Miere left !😂😂😂😂😂

Was she the Deep lying midfielder ?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Addickted said:
    ColinTat said:
    Shit on the pitch and shit in the dressing room.

Still thing Brighton were the best football side I have seen in League1 at the Valley when Poyet's team gave as a thumping.
    We didn't have a kick.

Who did the dump in the dressing room ?
    I thought it was Palace but perhaps it was Brighton. Lots of animosity along the M23. 
  • Options
    So Pullis is free to join us next month then.....😄😄😄.
    not before hell freezes over
    not even funny
  • Options

Dear Mr Chansiri, 

We, the undersigned, all passionate supporters of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, believe that urgent reform is needed to stem the steep decline the club has suffered in recent seasons. 

The team’s fall from grace since the 2016-17 season, the independent disciplinary commission deduction of six points, and more recent reports that players have not being paid on time must be catalysts for significant change at Sheffield Wednesday. 

We passionately believe action needs to be taken before it is too late. It is becoming increasingly clear that the issues at Sheffield Wednesday extend far beyond the boundaries of the pitch, to the point that any manager or group of players would most likely struggle to succeed. The sacking of Tony Pulis is another indication of the lack of foresight and long-term planning at the football club. 

We are alarmed at the apparent lack of urgency shown by yourself and the Executive team to address the wholesale challenges faced by the football club, or even a willingness to acknowledge the apparent severity and scale of problems off the pitch. There is a desperate need for new thinking at Hillsborough beyond simply changing the manager. 

We‘re concerned that the club misunderstands the source of our increasing anger and frustration and would like to set this on the record. Everyone hurts when Sheffield Wednesday loses football matches, but in signing this letter we aim to show the club that our distress and disillusionment extends far beyond poor results and performances. 

As supporters, we feel taken for granted and disconnected and it is leading to apathy. Combined with systemic failures in club governance and management this makes for an alarming picture. 

Now is the time for openness, communication and engagement with Sheffield Wednesday fans, the lifeblood of the football club. Now is the time for humility in the face of adversity and bold leadership to steer us through our current troubles. It’s not too late, but time runs shorter as every game ticks by. Now is the time for action, and it will not wait. History will look unkindly on those who cannot meet the challenges of the period and halt the descent of our great football club. 

If you cannot find it within yourself to lead Sheffield Wednesday in a new direction, we implore you to make way for those who can or appoint new personnel into leadership positions and step back from day-to-day decision making at the football club. 

Fans will undoubtedly differ on the precise nature of the reforms required, but in the long-term we support the positive suggestions outlined in the five-point action plan below. 

Write and publish a strategic plan, including key performance indicators, that shows fans how the club will improve in the following years. 

Implement a new ticket pricing strategy at Hillsborough that is more reflective of the economic position of supporters and is focused on maintaining revenue by growing attendances. 

Embark on a process of engagement with fans of the club to make them feel like engaged partners, rather than customers who can be taken for granted. Social media and occasional set-piece media interviews by the Chairman are not a substitute for sustained efforts to interact with supporters. 

Ensure our club becomes a key player in the life of the city and is fully engaged with local communities, both to help the city and its people, and to widen the club’s fanbase.

Overhaul the club’s sporting, business and executive operations looking to learn from organisational models adopted elsewhere in the world of football and adapting them to the needs of Sheffield Wednesday. An example might include the appointment of a Chief Executive Officer and Director of Football.

• Options
    I remember a Wednesday fan at work being absolutely made up when Chansiri bought them; on paper he looked good; super wealthy from flogging cans of tuna and (as they all do) and making noises about challenging in the Premier League.

At this point, we were getting a good Shitweaseling, watching bad decision upon bad decision being made and our club's status diminishing day by day due to incompetence, misplaced hubris and penny pinching.

They splashed the cash and bought a squad that should have fired them onwards and upwards.  However, they suffered from the same problem as us then; namely, when the bloke at the top is an egotistical, incompetent, impatient lunatic who never takes to the time to build the structure of the club up properly and put all the things in place so that on-field success can follow, the whole thing is build on sand and doomed to fail.

Their expensive squad performed terribly.  He began to tell me of rumours about the new owner's flakiness and irrationality.  I then suspected that this could a false dawn; then came the final confirmation of that.

They hired Meire.

From that point on, I knew that they were in a downward spiral.  Today's events should be surprising, but they just reflect a club that is imploding.

So, it is kind of weird to look at this from the perspective of having a new owner.  A significant minority of foreign owners with fat wallets are also deluded egomaniacs who don't understand how the game works.  We should know!

But we appear to have hit the jackpot this time.  Our new owner may be a foreign chap with his own fat wallet, but he is the polar opposite of the likes of Chansiri and the Shitweasel.  We are so lucky to have TS given the amount of chancers, lunatics and incompetents swimming around in the murky pool that is professional football.

Tortoise and Hare?  Karma?

Whatever it is, I'm grateful for it! 
    They had a go in Chansiri's first couple of years. They lost in the play offs two seasons running and then it all turned to shit.

Could've easily worked out if they'd won the final in his first year.
  • Options

From a Wendies fan I know, certainly seems like finances could be one of the reasons he has gone, like he has demanded signings and the owner has said no and its caused an arguement and the owner told him to F Off