Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Stig said:
    Ronnie joins a mixed bunch of players with Z in their surname. As far as I know, though, he is the first to have a name that ends in Z.

Aizlewood, Bouazza, Hazell, Lazarus, McKenzie X 2, Omozusi, Razak, Zheng Zhi
    I believe this is Charlton's full Z-List (I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere).  21 with zeds in their surname; three ending in z.

V091 Harry ‘Jazzo' KIRK
    V146 Gerrit Pieter KEIZER
    V265 Ronald OOSTHUIZEN
    V417 Anthony Philip HAZELL
    V424 Paul LAZARUS
    V441 Mark AIZLEWOOD
    V491 Stephen MACKENZIE
    V630 Amaro Gonzalo SORONDO
    V644 Zhi ZHENG
    V651 Izale Michael McLEOD
    V670 Hameur BOUAZZA
    V687 Frazer RICHARDSON
    V689 Miguel Angel LLERA GARZON
    V694 Leon Mark McKENZIE
    V697 Elliot OMOZUSI
    V706 Paweł Tadeusz Howard ABBOTT
    V734 Ruben BOVER IZQUIERDO
    V751 Abdul RAZAK
    V756 Adebayo Linford Kazim AZEEZ
    V757 Jonathan Chedozie OBIKA
    V764 Joseph David Wozencroft PIGOTT
    V769 Diego POYET GONZÁLEZ
    V772 Reza GHOOCHANNEJHAD NOURNIA
    V773 Piotr PARZSZEK
    V785 Joe GOMEZ
    V802 Zakarya BERGDITCH
    V811 Ricardo Jorge VAZ TÊ
    V827 Ezri KONSA NGOYO
    V883 Erhun OZTUMER
    V855 Michał ŻYRO
    VXXX Ronnie SCHWARTZ NIELSEN

Jeepers there’s some crap in amongst that selection of Zedders 😲 it’s a wonder I never went grey a lot sooner than my forties. Still more good than bad though 😅.
  • I thought he had been training with his club, just not playing, so hopefully he is fit, just not match fit. 15 minutes Friday, 45 minutes against Rochdale and full game against Bristol Rovers, assuming none are called off.........I hope he has scored at least one goal a game by then  :)
  • Stig said:
    Ronnie joins a mixed bunch of players with Z in their surname. As far as I know, though, he is the first to have a name that ends in Z.

I believe this is Charlton's full Z-List (I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere).  21 with zeds in their surname; three ending in z.

V091 Harry ‘Jazzo' KIRK
    V265 Ronald OOSTHUIZEN
    V424 Paul LAZARUS
    V441 Mark AIZLEWOOD
    V491 Stephen MACKENZIE
    V644 Zhi ZHENG
    V670 Hameur BOUAZZA
    V687 Frazer RICHARDSON
    V694 Leon Mark McKENZIE
    V697 Elliot OMOZUSI
    V751 Abdul RAZAK
    V773 Piotr PARZSZEK
    V785 Joe GOMEZ
    V802 Zakarya BERGDITCH
    V827 Ezri KONSA NGOYO
    V883 Erhun OZTUMER
    V855 Michał ŻYRO

Jazzo Kirk?! That's absolutely... suuuuuuuuuperb.
  • Ronnie getting stuck in  :D

https://youtu.be/xrZOvuTl5AA
    that's brilliant. he seems to get red carded but then jedi mind tricks the ref into just booking him. 'that is not the card you are looking for'
  • Stig said:

V091 Harry ‘Jazzo' KIRK
    V265 Ronald OOSTHUIZEN
    V424 Paul LAZARUS
    V441 Mark AIZLEWOOD
    V491 Stephen MACKENZIE
    V644 Zhi ZHENG
    V670 Hameur BOUAZZA
    V687 Frazer RICHARDSON
    V694 Leon Mark McKENZIE
    V697 Elliot OMOZUSI
    V751 Abdul RAZAK
    V773 Piotr PARZSZEK
    V785 Joe GOMEZ
    V802 Zakarya BERGDITCH
    V827 Ezri KONSA NGOYO
    V883 Erhun OZTUMER
    V855 Michał ŻYRO

Ron (note another Ronnie) Oosthuizen is really worthy of note. One appearance for Charlton having come from Marist Bros in South Africa. He left Charlton to play for Poole Town. I wonder if anyone on this forum saw his one appearance.
  • rina said:
    Ronnie getting stuck in  :D

that's brilliant. he seems to get red carded but then jedi mind tricks the ref into just booking him. 'that is not the card you are looking for'
    The best player we've ever had for getting away with it would be Darren Pratley in my view. He knows how to charm and 'work' a referee, but last Saturday it all seemed to catch up with him in a Karmic sort of way.
  • mendonca said:
    Luckily for us, 3 years ago but some history with a serious injury.
    There's a few around that's recovered well, Danny Ings recently
  • rina said:

The guy on the receiving end fractured two vertebra in his back!

https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/hoegli-blev-glad-for-schwartz-undskyldning/   
  • Honestly hope he handles the pressure because we need him to perform. Plenty of experience but we all know English football is very different to that of Danish.
    Hopefully fans don’t start hounding him on social media if he doesn’t score in his first game. 
    Hmmm.... under Lee first game could be next season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ron (note another Ronnie) Oosthuizen is really worthy of note. One appearance for Charlton having come from Marist Bros in South Africa. He left Charlton to play for Poole Town. I wonder if anyone on this forum saw his one appearance.
    I don't think I saw him play, but I got his autograph when I watched him training. In the fifties they used to train at the Valley, mainly running up and down the East terrace!  There were quite a few South Africans (Leary, Firmani, Hewie O'linn) playing for Charlton then.
  • Honestly hope he handles the pressure because we need him to perform. Plenty of experience but we all know English football is very different to that of Danish.
    Hopefully fans don’t start hounding him on social media if he doesn’t score in his first game. 
    Hmmm.... under Lee first game could be next season. 
    Another rib tickler, where do you get them all from?
  • rina said:

After that Ronnie Schwartz demolition tackle .......  the ref really enjoying the moment, smiling ...... and our Ron fearing the worst. But after the ref's little jape with the cards, seeing it's just a yellow after all, the look of relief on Schwarz's face and the way he touches his chest. Priceless!

• Ron (note another Ronnie) Oosthuizen is really worthy of note. One appearance for Charlton having come from Marist Bros in South Africa. He left Charlton to play for Poole Town. I wonder if anyone on this forum saw his one appearance.
    I don't think I saw him play, but I got his autograph when I watched him training. In the fifties they used to train at the Valley, mainly running up and down the East terrace!  There were quite a few South Africans (Leary, Firmani, Hewie O'linn) playing for Charlton then.
    Brilliant stuff, @aitchyaddick. I saw Leary, Hewie and Firmani play as a youngster and remember the South African contingent well, but I had never heard of Oosthuizen until recently. Brian Tocknell was another from South Africa at that time while Peter Firmani came from the same club as Oosthuizen. I wonder why Oosthuizen effectively went from South Africa to Poole Town via Charlton - I assume he didn't make the grade at Charlton. I know of Syd O'Linn, but never saw him play, as he took lodgings at my grandmother's when he first came to England. You have, of course, given your age away a bit, @aitchyaddick!
  • Full name: Ronaldo Schwartz
    Nah !  Ronnie Black.   We had a Ronnie White in the 50's .
    We also had Ronnie Moore

lets hope he’s not Ronnie Less 😕
  • Sponsored links:

• 1968CAFC said:
    This thread is indicative of just how much negatively has taken over CL recently.

The cynicism, the default position that whatever could go wrong will go wrong. It's not even gallows humour anymore. Have the last few years left a lot of fans addicted to crises and pessimism?

FFS, try and enjoy being a Charlton fan.

As the song goes, live, love, laugh and be happy.

LBR&WA
      Dear Henry well said my friend.
      I have been a passionate Charlton Fan all my life
      Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball
      From Soho down to Brighton, I must've played 'em all
      But I ain't seen nothin' like him in any amusement hall
      That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball
      Our excellent manager LB and our new owner TS.
      Every football club in the UK have a percentage of 
      Negative bordering on stupid fans it’s a normal 
      Distraction.
      Anyone with a brain for the last 7 games can see why we have struggled against average teams.
    we lost our two current best defenders and we don’t 
    have a serous striker.
    that was not down to LB or TS.
    when we get promotion some of the negative dept 
    will still moan in the championship and so on.
    proper fans remain proper fans, 
    we are still 6th in the table with 27 Games to go.
    So come on you Reds and Bollocks to Negativity 😂😂
    Just spiced it up a bit, being the laugh a minute swell guy I am.
       Mega a real Charlton Fan with a sense of Humour   
       😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • 1968CAFC said:
    This thread is indicative of just how much negatively has taken over CL recently.

The cynicism, the default position that whatever could go wrong will go wrong. It's not even gallows humour anymore. Have the last few years left a lot of fans addicted to crises and pessimism?

FFS, try and enjoy being a Charlton fan.

As the song goes, live, love, laugh and be happy.

LBR&WA
      Dear Henry well said my friend.
      I have been a passionate Charlton Fan all my life
      since I was a small boy, and I have 100% faith in
      Our excellent manager LB and our new owner TS.
      Every football club in the UK have a percentage of 
      Negative bordering on stupid fans it’s a normal 
      Distraction.
      Anyone with a brain for the last 7 games can see why we have struggled against average teams.
    we lost our two current best defenders and we don’t 
    have a serous striker.
    that was not down to LB or TS.
    when we get promotion some of the negative dept 
    will still moan in the championship and so on.
    proper fans remain proper fans, 
    we are still 6th in the table with 27 Games to go.
    So come on you Reds and Bollocks to Negativity 😂😂
    just as the negative tactics storm was starting to die down, someone had to go and reignite it - try and be positive and move on 
  • We all need to be more positive but this is clearly an owner-initiated signing not a Gallen/Bowyer signing in order to boost CAFC interest in Denmark.

Big Ron will be restricted to cameo appearances,  as a back up to Bogle, or as another lost-looking left back. 

Don't be surprised to see Curbs replaced by Claus Jensen and Dennis Rommedahl for pre-match Minto interviews on Friday night and Noggin the Nog appointed as Director of Football with Hans Christian Anderson taking on the club's key PR role. 

Noggin the Nog was Icelandic.
  • Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.
    I'd still like to see us offer Bogle plus cash for Joe Piggot.
    I was told by an employee of the club on Saturday that Ronnie was a "done deal" and that Piggot was looking good. They got the Ronnie bit right so fingers crossed. 
    Surprised no one commented on this - so we’re trying to sign Pigott? Surely that only happens if we can move another striker on - Bogle?
    Interesting. I felt Piggy made a bit of a “come and get me” last month but would be surprised if we went for him.  Wouldn’t say no but that says more about our current striking options than Piggy’s potential
  • For the money you would pay for Piggott, would you get a player who could do it on promotion? 
  • Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.
    I was told by an employee of the club on Saturday that Ronnie was a "done deal" and that Piggot was looking good. They got the Ronnie bit right so fingers crossed. 
    Surprised no one commented on this - so we’re trying to sign Pigott? Surely that only happens if we can move another striker on - Bogle?

Reinvesting the potential Doughty money, more likely I would have thought. Maybe we have a bit more room on the wage cap than is being let on, or are going to take a calculated risk with a bit of an overspend. Would make sense for the club to be playing down what they have left to spend when trying to negotiate the best deals they can with any oncoming players.
  • Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.
    I was wondering why Schwartz didn't take the #9 shirt.. Pigott Confirmed.  B)
  • We all need to be more positive but this is clearly an owner-initiated signing not a Gallen/Bowyer signing in order to boost CAFC interest in Denmark.

Big Ron will be restricted to cameo appearances,  as a back up to Bogle, or as another lost-looking left back. 

Don't be surprised to see Curbs replaced by Claus Jensen and Dennis Rommedahl for pre-match Minto interviews on Friday night and Noggin the Nog appointed as Director of Football with Hans Christian Anderson taking on the club's key PR role. 

Noggin the Nog was Icelandic.
    Norwegian, surely. When Nogbad the Bad was thwarted, he would sometimes retreat over the mountains to visit his granny in Finland.
    You can't do that from Iceland.

• How fit is Ronnie / how many weeks away from playing in the first team?