Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    Biggest problem in this squad is how awful the midfield is (and that is saying something given how poorly we defend). How many midfielders and midfield formations have we tried since the first part of the 2019/20 season? It exposes our central defenders and makes our centre forwards need to plough their own furrow. Aneke and Stockley have the physicality to overcome this insipidness and create their own chances and have an aerial presence. If you aren't a target man forward good luck with that lot behind you.

Pratley - Watson - JFC - Shinnie - Gilbey - Morgan - Williams - Maddison - Oztumer - Lapslie, etc. Either over the hill, never been up it or hopelessly chopped and changed into mediocrity.
  • He's literally been a no show apart from his debut.
    I can never recall a player in my life who is invisible every game.
    It's quite an achievement.
    An amazing coincidence if the worst and most invisible strikers both played in the same season..... 
  • You can’t judge him as he hasn’t been supplied with chances to be judged on. If we didn’t attack at snails pace, giving the oppo defenders time to set up properly then Ronnie might have a chance of showing us his talent 
  • HandG said:

People saying that we’re not playing to his strengths, but do any teams in any leagues, let alone one struggling in League One, have a player than can just finish and has nothing else to their game? I can’t think of many. 

I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see how he is going to succeed at Charlton and, even if he did nick the odd goal here and there, I’d much rather have a Chuks or a Stockley or even Washington who have other qualities.
    Bradley Wright-Phillips in our record breaking season
  • edited February 2021
    There is absolutely no point in having a player who has built a reasonably successful career as a penalty box finisher if we spend so little time showing impetus to get the ball into positions to create decent chances. I don't think we really know anything about Schwartz. He wants to get on the end of things that just aren't there. If we aren't going to attack teams like Burton properly and create chances, or bother to show any guile then question why we are recruiting players like Schwartz. Might as well go and get another huff and puff forward to run the channels for no reason.
    Agreed. Stockley and Aneke are dream partners for Ronnie’s style of play. Is there anyone on here that can’t see that? No? Just Bowyer then. 

For me, that’s an unforgivable management flaw and oversight. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    There is absolutely no point in having a player who has built a reasonably successful career as a penalty box finisher if we spend so little time showing impetus to get the ball into positions to create decent chances. I don't think we really know anything about Schwartz. He wants to get on the end of things that just aren't there. If we aren't going to attack teams like Burton properly and create chances, or bother to show any guile then question why we are recruiting players like Schwartz. Might as well go and get another huff and puff forward to run the channels for no reason.
    Agreed. Stockley and Aneke are dream partners for Ronnie’s style of play. Is there anyone on here that can’t see that? No? Just Bowyer then. 

For me, that’s an unforgivable management flaw and oversight. 
    2 players who wont be here next season. Better start looking at other options because, as I see it, next seasons front 2 will be Washington & Schwartz 
  • It doesn’t help when the most creative player gets sent to Bolton on loan.
  • Charltonised
  • Sponsored links:

Literally?
  • I think he will be gone at end of the season. 

Horrible to say but it’s like playing with ten men when he plays. 
  • JaShea99 said:
    He's literally been a no show apart from his debut.
    Literally?
     If you translate literally, you translateeach word in a text separately, without looking at how the words are used together in a phrase or sentence
  • It's odd. We created a fair few chances for Bogle and he fluffed his lines far too many times.
    We now have an apparent natural finisher and we don't create any chances.

So did Bogle play a big part in helping to create the chances he had?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Funny how everyone feels so sorry for poor Ronnie yet were all happy to slag Bogle off. 

Despite almost all the excuses being true for him as well. 
    Bogle got a run of starts and although limited offered something outside the box. Rarely got in to good positions in it. Used as a target man, something he’s not really suited to.

BWP and Benson wouldn’t offer much in this team but Schwartz looks even more invisible than either of those two ever did. He hasn’t had a run of starts but has offered nothing outside the box which makes it hard to justify giving him that run given how much we're struggling.
    Looks like DJ is going to be another one..
  • It's odd. We created a fair few chances for Bogle and he fluffed his lines far too many times.

Were Maddison and Williams factors in creating chances?

He actually did. He worked hard and was often why he was late onto the end of created chances. Okay if you're a composed finisher, which he was not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• All started to go wrong for him when he did that comedy fall over in front of an open goal at Bristol Rovers. He then followed it up with a similar episode a game or two later. 
  • Thinking of clear cut chances Schwartz has had since he's joined, and I make it:

1 scored
    1 hit the post
    1 completely fluffed

1in 3 conversion rate isn't bad at this level, and would no doubt improve with some game time. But I genuinely can't think of any other times we've created something for him. That being said, he is a passenger with our current style of play, and that's not really a luxury we can afford to have atm.
  • edited February 2021
    If we assume Schwartz is a TS influenced signing (i dont think we just happened to sign a striker from the Danish league in line with his arrival).

And if what we are seeing now doesnt drastically improve.

How does he compare with the RD influenced signings we got previously?

Does he rank with the PPs and Reza's of this world? That we all universally panned the ownership and club structure at the time on.

And worrying - he is a million miles behind the likes of Buyens, Bulot, Teixeira etc.
  • edited February 2021
    Croydon said:
    Thinking of clear cut chances Schwartz has had since he's joined, and I make it:

1 scored
    1 hit the post
    1 completely fluffed

1in 3 conversion rate isn't bad at this level, and would no doubt improve with some game time. But I genuinely can't think of any other times we've created something for him. That being said, he is a passenger with our current style of play, and that's not really a luxury we can afford to have atm.
    I don't think we can blame Schwartz for this though, he comes on makes the right moves but is almost never picked out. You can see his frustration grow as games go on. It is the managers decision to bring him on and therefore he must believe that his side are going to change their style to accommodate for the striker change... They don't. Which is either a tactical error to not get them to do so or an issue multiple individuals make. 

If we assume Schwartz is a TS influenced signing (i dont think we just happened to sign a striker from the Danish league in line with his arrival).

And if what we are seeing now doesnt drastically improve.

How does he compare with the RD influenced signings we got previously?

Does he rank with the PPs and Reza's of this world? That we all universally panned the ownership and club structure at the time on.

And worrying - he is a million miles behind the likes of Buyens, Bulot, Teixeira etc.
    But all of those started slowly? Bulot arguably the slowest to settle (until AFCON was over) being the easiest example to remember.
  • Questions on whether he’s up to it or not will need more time to determine, but whoever drove this deal, it was very much the wrong time to do it. 

Relocation is difficult at the best of times particularly to a new country and new style of play, but during a pandemic amid lockdown restrictions and with no established support network to hand was frought with too many unknown risks. 

Might still turn out a good move but for a January transfer it was a poor one considering what we needed
    Spot on mate.