Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Is it me or is there a lack of attacking talent coming out of our academy in recent years?

With no Chuks, this would be the perfect opportunity to stick a pacy U23 striker on the bench, but nobody seems to be knocking on the door.
    Josh Davison?
    Not really from our academy. And still has to make the grade. 
  • Options
    Is it me or is there a lack of attacking talent coming out of our academy in recent years?

With no Chuks, this would be the perfect opportunity to stick a pacy U23 striker on the bench, but nobody seems to be knocking on the door.
    Karlan Grant was the last star striker out of the academy and that was only two years ago. Then Alfie Doughty last season. 

We haven’t really got more attackers coming out of the u23’s, but there’s a whole host of talent in the u18’s.
  • Options

Josh Davison?
    From Enfield...
  • Options

Dylan Gavin is one name, Miles Leaburn is another Striker who could yet make it

Other than those two I dont think we really have a pacey Striker in the type of Karlan Grant or Ademola Lookman
  • Options

Karlan Grant was the last star striker out of the academy and that was only two years ago. Then Alfie Doughty last season. 

We haven’t really got more attackers coming out of the u23’s, but there’s a whole host of talent in the u18’s.
    We also had the likes of Brandon Hanlon and Josh Umerah, the sort of young player you throw on with 15 to go.

As it is, unless Davison is recalled we'll have no strikers on the bench tomorrow other than Smyth who is more of a wide attacker anyway
  • Options
    No enthusiasm for this one at all after our last couple of displays and the general non-football related background turpitude.  Won’t be troubling the official stream with my tenner I’m afraid. Not in the mood for another tinker man/all out defence display.  Don’t think Hull are much cop at the moment but I can’t see us getting much. 
  • Options
    BIG  BIG  BIG game . A win will see us go joint second (or 2nd on our own if we win 8-0 😄) a defeat will see us hanging onto 6th with the teams around us then having games in hand.....especially Accrington who would go above us if we lost to them this time next week. 

And just to add into the mix we are missing our best striker & probably the player who makes things happen up top. With Aneke missing we are going into this 6-pointer with just 2 strikers out of a squad of 18 (I don't count Smyth as a striker). Woeful state of affairs, especially as our next top goalscorer after Washington is on 2. 

I'm not holding out for miracles on this one.

3-0.
  • Options
    If he starts Golfie I think you can put your Mortgage on MM scoring in this game. He has a score to settle here and I would think he will be out to prove a point. Saying that it's more than likely in that scenario that he will be on the bench 😫
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting a bit bored of our stodgy performances. The midfield looks like game of Subbuteo and we look like a new team very week -and not a very good one at that.

Not sure where the goals are coming from without Chuks either. 

Would just like to see Maddison and Williams together. But we wont.

0-0

• Options
    Of course we won't, it is the obvious approach to this game. When do we see that?
  • Options
    Hull are in poor form and are there for the taking .. New Year, 3 points

Hull City 0 v CAFC 2
  • Options
    For those who like reading what the opposition are saying, here's a local Hull perspective:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-vs-charlton-athletic-4848607

Quote: "To deploy a much overused cliché, they (Hull) must hit the ground running and few will be prepared to offer up any excuses if the result is anything less than a positive one, against a side that are not exactly traveling up the A1 in great form of their own."

Hull have already sussed us, folks. :neutral:

• Options
    we had a whole week to prepare and learn from last time. I think we will win.
  • Options
    we had a whole week to prepare and learn from last time. I think we will win.
    You mean, "we had a whole week to prepare, practice shapes and get injured in training. I think we'll win ...... but you know what will really happen?"

• Options
    Another 2-2 draw and us all bemoaning a last five goal conceded... Groundhog Day, but it will get better and our unbeaten run continues. Maddison and Smyth 
  • Options

Josh Davison?
    From Enfield...
    Came through the Peterborough academy had a few non league loans before they released him and Enfield picked him up.
  • Options
    My son has been invited to his friend Charlie's tomorrow.
    Last time that happened it was 5-2 to us. 
    Last time that happened it was 5-2 to the home team.
  • Options
    Will be peeved if we play that turgid backwards/sideways/anywhere but forward football so often seen this season. Hull are in poor form and are missing players self-isolating from Covid. They are there for the taking, so let's get at them from the start. Williams and Maddison need to start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone think the game will be postponed? I'm sure I read somewhere that Hull are missing a number of players due to covid.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    After the Plymouth game we look destined to struggle for a top 6 place. The defence to me is the issue, too many soft goals without our missing 2 centre halves. Hull have surprised me as I really thought they would struggle this season with their ownership problems. No Chuks reduces our goal threat and a first defeat in 5 beckkns, 1-0 Hull.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If he starts Golfie I think you can put your Mortgage on MM scoring in this game. He has a score to settle here and I would think he will be out to prove a point. Saying that it's more than likely in that scenario that he will be on the bench 😫
    I'd rather Williams and/or Morgan got a starting position.

If he didn't get a pass directly to his feet in the first minute Golfie would be spending the rest of the match whinging and moaning so there's no way he'd be able to set up anything for Maddy.

😉
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Anyone think the game will be postponed? I'm sure I read somewhere that Hull are missing a number of players due to covid.
    Dont see it happening at this stage

I thought McCann contradicted himself a little bit in his pre-match interview

We had another round of testing on Tuesday and everyone has come back good, hence the reason we can start training today heading into the game against Charlton

Surely if everyone has come back good then why will they still be missing some players?

“We are hoping to have a couple of players back. Whether they are going to be fit and available for the weekend, we’re not sure.

“We’ll see how they are over the next couple of days, but we will be missing some players. It’s not ideal for us really.”

Got a feeling Hull knew the game was going to go ahead, hence why they asked for the game to be pushed back tomorrow so they had more time
  • Options
    Have we scored from a set price since Innis got injured?

The impact he had not jut with his height but by creating space for others is huge. We were so dominant in the air and scored plenty from set prices in that run. Could do with a lucky one off peaces arse today.
  • Options

The impact he had not jut with his height but by creating space for others is huge. We were so dominant in the air and scored plenty from set prices in that run. Could do with a lucky one off peaces arse today.
    Last week against Plymouth :)

I think Paul Smyth scored from a corner too against Burton in a similar way to Gunter's goal
  • Options

I miss watching the team with Innis in it. He seemed to embody some determination and team spirit that is sorely lacking now he's out of the side.
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Will be peeved if we play that turgid backwards/sideways/anywhere but forward football so often seen this season. Hull are in poor form and are missing players self-isolating from Covid. They are there for the taking, so let's get at them from the start. Williams and Maddison need to start.
    I hope Williams starts - from the bench.

His little legs on a heavy rugby pitch for 90 minutes! Your having a laugh. This is a pitch for hard workers and grafters. Williams on with 20 minutes to go against tiring defenders a whole new ball game. Maddison needs to be on then to take advantage of the free kicks.

We need to play fast football and test them COVID lungs.
  • Options
    Feeling positive. Am sure Bowyer will have the boys up for this. Lumping on a CAFC victory. 
  • Options
    Feeling positive. Am sure Bowyer will have the boys up for this. Lumping on a CAFC victory. 
    Lumping could well be the word of the day.