Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Going to be an ugly game... Be shocked to see Williams starting especially with Bowyer saying that Hull's pitch is shite because its used by the rugby team

e.g. How easy is it to keep the ball under close control when you're playing on a badly cut up pitch, let alone go for a passing approach?
  • Options
    I hope they aren't getting the snow that we have got in Richmond...
  • Options
    Just noticed Accrington are going to have 5 games in/to catchup with from other teams. I'd say that's an advantageous number of games considering PPG and chance of players having a mid season break effectively.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If he starts Golfie I think you can put your Mortgage on MM scoring in this game. He has a score to settle here and I would think he will be out to prove a point. Saying that it's more than likely in that scenario that he will be on the bench 😫
    I'd rather Williams and/or Morgan got a starting position.

If he didn't get a pass directly to his feet in the first minute Golfie would be spending the rest of the match whinging and moaning so there's no way he'd be able to set up anything for Maddy.

😉
    Golfie was a full back he wouldn’t have a clue what to do with a ball to feet except lump it up the park 😉.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Seeing as we are missing Chuks, might be a game to play one up front and Maddison and Williams.

Agree it's worth a go.
    I much prefer two strikers up front no matter what, But with Chuks out suspended, this game could be a good one where Lee Bowyer opens up his Plan A to Z book and tries a new formation. We use a false number 9 where Washington runs the channels as well as getting into the box.
    (Not in the same move !)  and Maddison and Williams both play an advanced attacking midfield role where they attack the box. My man Marcus can try his luck from 25 yards to a tap in. Jonny can get into the box, ducking and weaving before emulating his recent goals for Wales and Charlton; or getting a penalty where Maddison or Washington (this time !) Will bury the penalty.

Old fashioned CB, hate playing against this system, problem is, Williams only has a 60 minute battery so possibly play Smyth in the same role for the last 30 minutes.

Aneke will come back in next game, so this would be a one game experiment; plus the great Dane is joining next week. 

Two strikers up front but with plenty of movement will always be my preferred choice.

No idea of the score because I'm not ITK about what Letter of Lee's A to Z plan book he will use today.

Many thanks to @ForeverAddickted and @Sage for your research and informative previews.

Let's start 2021 with a positive result.
    Win or at the very worse, a draw.
    COYR.

Ps now edited to say Wales and Charlton,
    Not Wales and England  :#
  • Options
    WSA said:
    Thankfully Hull is about 280 miles north of Richmond.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but without Chuks, his height in both boxes will be missed and for that reason alone I think Bogle will play.

It’s all very well people calling for attacking football but Bowyer can only work with what he’s got which was cobbled together in about a fortnight amid salary cap constraints. Not only have injuries adversely impacted on team selections and results but some of those signings have just not lived up to expectations either. Having said that playing players out of position when other options were available has not done LB any favours including substitutions at times.

As for today I don’t see a gung ho approach being adopted and I reckon it will be a containing performance on a difficult playing surface with a view to nicking a winner, whether that be on the break or from a set piece; I’d even take a point. Shuffle the pack with some new blood in the coming days and go all out second half of the season for promotion. COYRs!
  • Options
    WSA said:
    North Yorks mate.
  • Options
    I'd play Pratley in front of the DCM so he can hassle and charge defenders down on the Rugby pitch. 

Maddison to kick for any penalties awarded to us and attempt a few drop kicks too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    RedChaser said:
    AndyG said:
    If he starts Golfie I think you can put your Mortgage on MM scoring in this game. He has a score to settle here and I would think he will be out to prove a point. Saying that it's more than likely in that scenario that he will be on the bench 😫

If he didn't get a pass directly to his feet in the first minute Golfie would be spending the rest of the match whinging and moaning so there's no way he'd be able to set up anything for Maddy.

😉
    Golfie was a full back he wouldn’t have a clue what to do with a ball to feet except lump it up the park 😉.

Apparently, Golfie was the designated free kick taker when the regular taker was injured.
    He would pick the ball up, wiped it with his shirt, place the ball down, have a good look at where the defensive wall was, moan at the ref that the defence weren't 10 yards away.  He would Visualize the ball going into net as he composed his self. Golfie would then moan at the ref after being told to get a move on as they all had homes to go too.

The 3 men and a dog watching, knew something amazing was about to happen; 
    they were not wrong as Golfie sliced his free kick and the ball hit the corner flag. 

It was par for the course.

Ps. Carry on @golfaddick with your unique take on Cafc. You care as much as the rest of us.  Cheers. 
  • Options
    A chance of sleet showers.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2645425
  • Options
    Lets get the bandwagon rolling!!, CAFC to win by 2!  COYRS!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    As you’d expect being in the Prem recently the KCOM stadium has undersoil heating so should be able to withstand the current weather conditions albeit not a great playing surface because of it also being a Rugby League venue.
  • Options
    Are we in the red kit today?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Come on Bogle. Remember the price of fish and that great season at Grimsby.
    The best way to answer his critics is by putting the ball in the net;  Our opponents net as I don't want any ambiguity.

Fans are fickle and your only as good as your last game. Everyone and their Auntie knows Omar is dropping down one place in the pecking order of forwards next week.

Today will be a great time to strike.
  • Options
    WSA said:
    WSA said:
    North Yorks mate.
    You mean there is another one...🙂
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    AndyG said:

😉

Apparently, Golfie was the designated free kick taker when the regular taker was injured.
    He would pick the ball up, wiped it with his shirt, place the ball down, have a good look at where the defensive wall was, moan at the ref that the defence weren't 10 yards away.  He would Visualize the ball going into net as he composed his self. Golfie would then moan at the ref after being told to get a move on as they all had homes to go too.

they were not wrong as Golfie sliced his free kick and the ball hit the corner flag. 

Ps. Carry on @golfaddick with your unique take on Cafc. You care as much as the rest of us.  Cheers. 
    Fyi......I did play in goal a few times & once, on a VERY windy day AND kicking uphill my place kick just about got out of the box before catching the wind & sailing back over my head & out for a corner   !!!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    AndyG said:

😉

Fyi......I did play in goal a few times & once, on a VERY windy day AND kicking uphill my place kick just about got out of the box before catching the wind & sailing back over my head & out for a corner   !!!
    Are you Alex McCarthy?
  • Options
    I’d like to see Pratley in midfield, but seems unlikely. 
                             mendonca said:
    I'd play Pratley in front of the DCM so he can hassle and charge defenders down on the Rugby pitch. 

Maddison to kick for any penalties awarded to us and attempt a few drop kicks too.

Amos
    Gunter | Oshilaja | Pearce | Maatsen
                    Pratley | Watson 
    Maddison | Washington | Williams
                            Aneke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its also worth remembering that Bowyer went with Oshilaja at Left-Back in the original fixture back in June because of the way that Hull played

Its another reason why I fully expect to see Matthews at Left-Back
  • Options

I’d like to see something like this ^ 

Whatever happens, Maddison has to be starting. 
  • Options
    I’m not sure if I even want to watch the game, judging by the poor performances recently & the amount of sideways/backwards passing. I’ll wait to see what the line-up is - eg whether there will be more square pegs in round holes & defensively too heavy. I can’t see us scoring (m)any esp with Spongefoot Bogle & no Chuks to come off the bench.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I’m not sure if I even want to watch the game, judging by the poor performances recently & the amount of sideways/backwards passing. I’ll wait to see what the line-up is - eg whether there will be more square pegs in round holes & defensively too heavy. I can’t see us scoring (m)any esp with Spongefoot Bogle & no Chuks to come off the bench.
    Look on the bright side, just over three months ago we nearly never had a club to support anymore. Being an Addick is for life and you have to suffer the lows to really appreciate the highs, it goes with the territory. I’ll be tuning in come what may 😉.
  • Options
    WSA said:
    WSA said:
    North Yorks mate.
    You mean there is another one...🙂
    It's probably near that little village of manchesometgingorother, you know where everyone knows each other.  Quaint little place just north of Watford, I hear. 

If the weather in the east riding is like it is in the west one the game is unlikely to finish.  Where is Kim Grant and Paul Mortimer when you need them. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Allows up to play our counter attacking football instead of passing the ball across the back and trying to break down opposition. 

1-2 Charlton 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Allows up to play our counter attacking football instead of passing the ball across the back and trying to break down opposition. 

1-2 Charlton 
    Especially against teams towards the top of the table who wont attack with too much pressure as they'll be too worried about leaving themselves vulnerable
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Heart says 0-2 win, head says 2-0 defeat.