Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snowing (Dec 23 pg 11)

Comments

• Options
    Snowing fairly heavy in Dartford, but not settling - shame as I would love to see my two dogs in proper snow, they have never experienced it - we have a Land Rover Defender (the proper one, not the new one), so not fussed about driving in proper snow
  • Options
    Maybe I am imagining it, I know your mind plays tricks, but I'm sure we used to get a lot more snow.
    I was remembering this morning all the places me and my mates/family used to go sledging as kids. Greenwich Park obviously the hill by the observatory- I think that's all fenced off now so probably don't allow kids on there anymore. Hilly Fields in Ladywell was good as was the park next to Horniman Museum. There was a massive park in Eltham that I forget the name but that used to get really busy. Rotherhithe had a decent hill next to a little church and at the bottom of the hill was basically a brick wall and then the Thames so you had to jump off before hitting the wall.
    I'm just thinking about all the places I know now as an adult and really hoping for a few inches of snow😀 for the kids sake obviously 

I think we are all guilty of mis-remembering sometimes but I agree, I'm sure it snowed most winters when I was growing up. I remembering sledging with my schoolmates when I was 9 or 10 & going outside throwing snowballs with my brothers. I've have 3 teenagers now & they haven't seen any decent snow for years. We had the "beast from the east" 3 years ago but before then it must have been about 10 years ago when we had a decent amount. Then I remember them helping me dig the car out & then taking me all day to try to get to work. Nowdays it's an hour or 2 of flurries which settles & then melts within a few hours.

Daughter wants to move to Canada where they get serious amounts of snow !
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Curb_It said:
    Very pretty.

Some serious snow in NY.  13 inches in Central Park.  

As soon as I wrote inches I immediately thought here comes Mehmet!
    Serious snow here in Kent too. Already one-eighth of an inch. Well, almost.
  • Options
    Maybe I am imagining it, I know your mind plays tricks, but I'm sure we used to get a lot more snow.
    I was remembering this morning all the places me and my mates/family used to go sledging as kids. Greenwich Park obviously the hill by the observatory- I think that's all fenced off now so probably don't allow kids on there anymore. Hilly Fields in Ladywell was good as was the park next to Horniman Museum. There was a massive park in Eltham that I forget the name but that used to get really busy. Rotherhithe had a decent hill next to a little church and at the bottom of the hill was basically a brick wall and then the Thames so you had to jump off before hitting the wall.
    I'm just thinking about all the places I know now as an adult and really hoping for a few inches of snow😀 for the kids sake obviously 

I think we are all guilty of mis-remembering sometimes but I agree, I'm sure it snowed most winters when I was growing up. I remembering sledging with my schoolmates when I was 9 or 10 & going outside throwing snowballs with my brothers. I've have 3 teenagers now & they haven't seen any decent snow for years. We had the "beast from the east" 3 years ago but before then it must have been about 10 years ago when we had a decent amount. Then I remember them helping me dig the car out & then taking me all day to try to get to work. Nowdays it's an hour or 2 of flurries which settles & then melts within a few hours.

Daughter wants to move to Canada where they get serious amounts of snow !
    Am sure we used to go sledging at Shenstone most winters. 
  • Options
    Temperature showing zero in the car.
    Just walked the dogs round goddington park and it felt colder than that 
  • Options
    am i only one on here who isent that keen on the snow? to look at for the first day is fine but if it stays longer than that it just becomes a pain. 
    Its pretty to look at and is great watching your kids playing

The moment you need to get anywhere though etc. its just a gigantic pain the arse

Especially for me living on a hill
  • Options
    Coming down quite hard in gravesend now, but it's really fine & not settling 
  • Options
    am i only one on here who isent that keen on the snow? to look at for the first day is fine but if it stays longer than that it just becomes a pain. 
    Not only you. I dread slipping and breaking something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its pretty to look at and is great watching your kids playing

The moment you need to get anywhere though etc. its just a gigantic pain the arse

Especially for me living on a hill
    Sledge down it.

I have less of a plan going back up.
  • Options
    Agree if you have to go out in it or worse drive anywhere. But since its Lockdown & you could be furloughed or WFH then for most people it shouldn't be a problem.

FWIW......its been snowing steadily now all day & has finally starting to settle as we had rain last night & before lunch it was just melting. 
  • Options
    Our area of Dartford just had about half hour of fairly heavy snow, suddenly it all went white and probably got around 10 to 15mm on all surfaces including the paths and road, still snowing lightly and temperatures dropped to freezing, 
  • Options
    Settling in Bexley. Just got in from a snowball fight in the garden. 

Just hope we get enough to build a snowman, my daughter’s been desperate to do one for ages.
  • Options
    Settling in Bexley. Just got in from a snowball fight in the garden. 

Just hope we get enough to build a snowman, my daughter’s been desperate to do one for ages.
    We’ve a snowman that could be me and elf’s third brother
  • Options
    Cold rain still in Romford area. 
    Sod all settling. 

Just been to get beers for the Super Bowl tonight and freezing out. 

• Options
    Snowing, but not settling, in Sittingbourne. 
    Settling now.....
  • Options
    Shit in Greenwich. Now it is cold freezing rain... the most we have had is sleet? Where do the forecaster think it is going to snow in London? Snow usually bypasses us or it is thee for about 3hrs and melts. 
  • Options
    Just back from Darenth Country Park in Dartford - plenty of snow here - dogs loved it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mind you seems to be settling a bit on roofs on Barking East London. so bored watching clips on you tube on railacam and on the barking one it  seems to be settling. Needs to move over here in Greenwich bit once my home shopping arrives at 5pm. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Shit in Greenwich. Now it is cold freezing rain... the most we have had is sleet? Where do the forecaster think it is going to snow in London? Snow usually bypasses us or it is thee for about 3hrs and melts. 
    Yet, down the road in Erith it's settling, not much but not melting
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Yet, down the road in Erith it's settling, not much but not melting
    Shame is melting for you..
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Same in Gravesend.  It's due to snow all night tonight, so maybe as it gets colder it may settle overnight
  • Options
    that was quick. just  opened my front door and some is settling on roofs now.. of course it is going on to wet surfaces/ 
  • Options
    In Berkshire, and no hint of a snowflake so far
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    In Berkshire, and no hint of a snowflake so far
    Give them time