Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting stoned in 2021

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Over the last week I’ve been using an app called Fiit.

Its a video workout app, where you join classes either live or on-demand. The intention is to gamify fitness. So when you join the live classes, you’re actually competing with other people taking it at the same time. All the data on how hard you’re working, heart rate etc comes from a wearable (in my case, Apple Watch).

It is absolutely brilliant. I’ve never enjoyed the idea of working out at home, but this really does add a level of motivation/fun into it. It’s a lot harder to quit when you can see yourself falling down a live leaderboard in real time!

You can also use it for on-demand classes to do on your own, or invite friends to take part and compete.

Would highly recommend.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Its a video workout app, where you join classes either live or on-demand. The intention is to gamify fitness. So when you join the live classes, you’re actually competing with other people taking it at the same time. All the data on how hard you’re working, heart rate etc comes from a wearable (in my case, Apple Watch).

It is absolutely brilliant. I’ve never enjoyed the idea of working out at home, but this really does add a level of motivation/fun into it. It’s a lot harder to quit when you can see yourself falling down a live leaderboard in real time!

You can also use it for on-demand classes to do on your own, or invite friends to take part and compete.

Would highly recommend.
    does this sync with Garmin do you know? Sounds fun. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafctom said:

Would highly recommend.
    does this sync with Garmin do you know? Sounds fun. 
    Looks like it connects with Garmin chest strap, but not sure about a Garmin watch:

https://help.fiit.tv/en/articles/3442154-what-fitness-trackers-can-i-use-with-fiit
  • Options
    28 stone @cafctom ?

Well done for getting that down and keep going fella. Keep us up t date with your progress
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    And for the record, I’m heavier than most. About 150kg, though at my heaviest I was about 178kg.

Lost 28kg in the past 2 years, but still a long way to go.

There is a scheme called Man V Fat Football, which helped me in a big way. It’s a football league for lads looking to lose weight - and you score points each week for dropping pounds, and doing well on the pitch. 

The nearest one to South East London is in Leyton (where I play), but I think they’re starting leagues up in Bermondsey and Dartford soon. 

It’s been a life changer for me really, and can’t wait to get back to it soon. For a lad my size, I never thought I’d be able to run about and exercise the way I can do now
    The pitches opposite Brisbane Road? 

And great effort on that loss, keep it going!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    cafctom said:
    And for the record, I’m heavier than most. About 150kg, though at my heaviest I was about 178kg.

There is a scheme called Man V Fat Football, which helped me in a big way. It’s a football league for lads looking to lose weight - and you score points each week for dropping pounds, and doing well on the pitch. 

The nearest one to South East London is in Leyton (where I play), but I think they’re starting leagues up in Bermondsey and Dartford soon. 

It’s been a life changer for me really, and can’t wait to get back to it soon. For a lad my size, I never thought I’d be able to run about and exercise the way I can do now

Thanks mate. It used to be hosted on those pitches actually, but has now moved about 5 mins down the road.

I’d like to have lost more really - there are a couple of lads there who have lost astonishing amounts. One lad lost well over ten stone in about a year and a half. 
  • Options
    28 stone @cafctom ?

Well done for getting that down and keep going fella. Keep us up t date with your progress
    Thanks mate. I can’t say it’s a number I’m proud of at all. In truth I didn’t even realise it was that high for a long time. I’d always envisaged people of that weight are the types who are often on Television documentaries, unable to live a life, but I’ve never really been in that situation. Always been active and outgoing - but love bad food too much.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    colthe3rd said:
    cafctom said:

Thanks mate. It used to be hosted on those pitches actually, but has now moved about 5 mins down the road.

I’d like to have lost more really - there are a couple of lads there who have lost astonishing amounts. One lad lost well over ten stone in about a year and a half. 
    I used to live just round the corner. Don't compare yourself to others, you've lost an amazing amount so just focus on that and whatever your end goal is. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Unbelievable level of weight loss mate, stick at it. Great that you've found that football scheme, sounds really good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had my scales at 210lbs (15st) for the first time in a long time a couple months ago. 

Started bike training and changing nothing else and have got down to 203lbs today. 

However, I've been getting deliveroos 6-7 times a week, and stopping that now. Saves £20 a day, and the weight will just start falling off, especially now I can properly use myfitnesspal as everything I eat will now have a barcode.

If you can stretch to it, Cook are incredibly tasty and very balanced. One of their pots at lunch and then one of their main meals for dinner is a very good diet. 

I think the key thing for a lot of people (myself especially) is portion control, that's one of the best things about ready meals, and Cook are the best in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Wow, that’s massive progress in just a couple of months. Well done @ImBetterThanShaun

• Options
    Said I’d give up chocolate in the New Year when the kids go back to school fffs that days real soon 
  • Options
    Some things I’ve found helpful over the last couple of months:

1. Meal planning for the week - helps with the shopping too and reduces food waste. Enjoy looking up at the menu on the kitchen wall and seeing what we’re eating today!

2. Low calorie treat snacks (under 100cal) - Party rings, curly whirlys, iced gems, kids dairy milks, puffs, popcorn etc

3. Eating proper meals 3 times a day really helps prevent me from snacking.

4. Having an air fryer - makes the best wedges (JD seasonings are very good) / crispy bacon.

5. Everything in moderation 👍🏻

• Options
    In 2021 I don't think you need to worry about this unless you cheat on your wife or husband, or have gay sex, on a trip to Brunei.

Also, I think that it's less fatal at the moment as there is social distancing in place, and consequently some throwers now have a difficult distance.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said: 
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Weight 87kg (Highest ever)
    Body Fat 19.5% (okay, would like to get this back to 14-16%)
    Water 55.7% (okay, would like to see this around 60%)
    Muscle Mass 66.5kg (Good, need to try to keep this above 64kg)
    Visceral fat 6.5 (Good, but has been lower.)
    Metabolic Age 31 (A year younger than actual, want this around 25-27)
    (I use Tanita body composition scales and these numbers are based on those readings)
    Slow start, moving in a positive 
    Weight 86kg Good direction
    BF 19.3% Good direction
    Water 55.8%  No real change
    Muscle mass 66.1kg (Not done weights this week at all) Bad direction, don't want this changing
    Visceral Fat 6.5 No real change
    Metabolic Age 31 No change
    Should have weighed in at 9am... Will do so tomorrow morning to get accurate figurs. 
    85.5 Kg Meh
    BF 19% Meh
    Water 58.4% Ahh so I'm more water today (Have drunk 2L's since 9am)
    Muscle Mass 65.9% meh
    VF 5.5 meh
    Metabolic Age 30 meh
    I had stagnated around the above until last week. Suddenly everything feels easy from a dietary choice point of view. I have found it easier to make sure my meals have the right macro & micro nutrient balances and track calories over the past week. 

As a result, the body fat is definitely coming off. Over a percent in a week feels like a good step. 

Weight 85kg
    Body Fat 17.9%
    Water 56.5%
    Muscle Mass 67kg
    Visceral Fat 5
    Metabolic Age 27 (this is good news)

How are others getting on? 
    Weight 84.5kg
    Body Fat 17.7%
    Water 56.4%
    Muscle Mass 67kg
    Visceral Fat 5
    Metabolic Age 26
    Literally one bad day of food on Tuesday night... 
    86kg yesterday

85kg again today. 

This is why not to weigh in too regularly. (I only use the body composition setting once a week)
     Mixed feelings this week

Weight 84.2kg
    Body Fat 18.2%
    Water 56.4%
    Muscle Mass 66.3kg
    Visceral Fat 6
    Metabolic Age 28

Expected some fall in muscle mass due to calorie deficit, but not an increase in BF to go with it, could just be that the scales were reading me too low on that metric.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said: 
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Weight 87kg (Highest ever)
    Body Fat 19.5% (okay, would like to get this back to 14-16%)
    Water 55.7% (okay, would like to see this around 60%)
    Muscle Mass 66.5kg (Good, need to try to keep this above 64kg)
    Visceral fat 6.5 (Good, but has been lower.)
    Metabolic Age 31 (A year younger than actual, want this around 25-27)
    (I use Tanita body composition scales and these numbers are based on those readings)
    Slow start, moving in a positive 
    Weight 86kg Good direction
    BF 19.3% Good direction
    Water 55.8%  No real change
    Muscle mass 66.1kg (Not done weights this week at all) Bad direction, don't want this changing
    Visceral Fat 6.5 No real change
    Metabolic Age 31 No change
    Should have weighed in at 9am... Will do so tomorrow morning to get accurate figurs. 
    85.5 Kg Meh
    BF 19% Meh
    Water 58.4% Ahh so I'm more water today (Have drunk 2L's since 9am)
    Muscle Mass 65.9% meh
    VF 5.5 meh
    Metabolic Age 30 meh
    I had stagnated around the above until last week. Suddenly everything feels easy from a dietary choice point of view. I have found it easier to make sure my meals have the right macro & micro nutrient balances and track calories over the past week. 

As a result, the body fat is definitely coming off. Over a percent in a week feels like a good step. 

Weight 85kg
    Body Fat 17.9%
    Water 56.5%
    Muscle Mass 67kg
    Visceral Fat 5
    Metabolic Age 27 (this is good news)

How are others getting on? 
    Weight 84.5kg
    Body Fat 17.7%
    Water 56.4%
    Muscle Mass 67kg
    Visceral Fat 5
    Metabolic Age 26
    Literally one bad day of food on Tuesday night... 
    86kg yesterday

85kg again today. 

This is why not to weigh in too regularly. (I only use the body composition setting once a week)
     Mixed feelings this week

Weight 84.2kg
    Body Fat 18.2%
    Water 56.4%
    Muscle Mass 66.3kg
    Visceral Fat 6
    Metabolic Age 28

Expected some fall in muscle mass due to calorie deficit, but not an increase in BF to go with it, could just be that the scales were reading me too low on that metric.
    Yesterday morning the scale read similar, then last night I had a chinese...

Needless to say the food is taking its time to pass through. 

85kg...