Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What level of outrage are we at?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I am not outraged at all. 

I have been through the denial, then the anger.  The bargain was the January window. I think tonight was, honestly, the end of the depression and the start of the acceptance.

I feel sorry for those that are either still in denial or just entering anger. 
    You forgot a group.
    Those who thought we have an average group of players and avoiding a relegation fight was a result.
    Stockley, Chucks, Famewo, Millar and Shinnie are for me our best players. Two are our players. And in there lies the problem. Too many loan players and not enough good players.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I have been through the denial, then the anger.  The bargain was the January window. I think tonight was, honestly, the end of the depression and the start of the acceptance.

You forgot a group.
    Those who thought we have an average group of players and avoiding a relegation fight was a result.
    Stockley, Chucks, Famewo, Millar and Shinnie are for me our best players. Two are our players. And in there lies the problem. Too many loan players and not enough good players.
    You believe that as well.  Wait until you leave denial and enter anger. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You forgot a group.
    If you genuinely believe that with the players we have that AVOIDING RELEGATION is a decent result, you are not forgotten. Just ignored, because that cannot be taken seriously.
  • Options
    Apathy
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You forgot a group.
    Have you looked at Lincoln’s squad? 6 loanees, MK dons signings who weren’t as rated as Gilbey, and journeymen frees like Liam Bridcutt.

We need to stop pretending Bowyer is hampered by a non league level team and look at what’s around us in this division.
    Agreed, I think people are stuck in the mentality from last season of "little old Charlton with the tiny budget" competing against clubs with massive parachute payments or rich, dodgy foreign owners

We've picked up ONE point after playing the giants of Gillingham, Fleetwood and Burton. Fleetwood and Burton's average attendances 2 seasons ago were less than 3500, they're tightly run clubs with tiny budgets, relying on loanees and freebies. The first goal  for Burton today was scored by a bloke signed from Aldershot 3 days ago
  • Options
    Felt calm throughout tonight.
    No outrage just sadness. We are drowning not waving. 
  • Options
    I decided to do a 5 mile hike today instead of watching the game. It was a beautiful day here. I was not surprised to see the score on my return but was not in a foul mood unlike after the last few games I have watched on VP. I will not watch another game while LB is in charge. The football is dire and this group of players has no balls. There needs to be changes on 2 fronts.  
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    ct_addick said:
    I decided to do a 5 mile hike today instead of watching the game. It was a beautiful day here. I was not surprised to see the score on my return but was not in a foul mood unlike after the last few games I have watched on VP. I will not watch another game while LB is in charge. The football is dire and this group of players has no balls. There needs to be changes on 2 fronts.  
    100% agree. Wait until we start scoring for fun when the next manager starts playing Ronnie with Chuks and/or Stockley. This game is a lot simpler than Bows is making it look right now.

Feeling ‘resigned’ right now. TS is the only one with the power to change the mood now.
  • Options
    Just disappointed as it is not how I hoped it would be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No outrage, just despair 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Disappointing tonight, and in recent weeks. But you don't become a bad manager in a month, particularly when you've lost the two lynchpins that brought 6 clean sheets on the spin earlier in the season. 

What really depresses me is how quick some people are ready to jump on the "sack the manager" bandwagon. Don't understand how the last 2 and a bit years can count for nothing so suddenly.
    It's not just been a month though has it?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I'm definitely North of Miffed.

There....I've said it!
  • Options
    Outrage: 0
    Enthusiasm: 0
    Optimism as long as things stay the same: 0
  • Options
    With shirking pisstaking money grabbing arseholes who phone in performances and hide and move out of space to remain tightly marked come what may, play short passes to no discernible impact, turn into trouble whenever possible or shoot hopelessly from miles out when colleagues are in the clear I will remain incandescent with hate, rage and an unquenchable thirst for vengeance.
    For managers who put up with that sort of shit and let the pisstaking ,hiding, shirking, arsehole stay on the pitch for 55 minutes I remain baffled
    For managers who relentlessly tinker with lineups and formations, even after a passable recent performance, I remain baffled
    When the manager does both of the above bafflement swiftly turns to frustrated fury.

• Options
    With shirking pisstaking money grabbing arseholes who phone in performances and hide and move out of space to remain tightly marked come what may, play short passes to no discernible impact, turn into trouble whenever possible or shoot hopelessly from miles out when colleagues are in the clear I will remain incandescent with hate, rage and an unquenchable thirst for vengeance.
    For managers who put up with that sort of shit and let the pisstaking ,hiding, shirking, arsehole stay on the pitch for 55 minutes I remain baffled
    For managers who relentlessly tinker with lineups and formations, even after a passable recent performance, I remain baffled
    When the manager does both of the above bafflement swiftly turns to frustrated fury.

You're a strange one.

Jaiyesimi is unfairly being treated as a whipping boy when 10 players failed to turn up.
  • Options
    Like many other posts, just disappointed and dispirited by what has/is happening. The thought of another season in this league is pretty depressing especially when you consider some of clubs in the championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Outrage: 0
    Enthusiasm: 0
    Optimism as long as things stay the same: 0
    Who said you only get an 000 with Ty Phoo?
  • Options
    I am thankful we still have a club and a great new owner. However I am no longer watching the games live on VP as the football is dire to watch and leaves me in a terrible mood. Yes it's only football but I get so hyped up to watch a game and escape from the misery of this virus and lockdown that I am left despondent at the performances. I would rather see us play the kids like Barker instead of some of the dross out there.  
  • Options
    No outrage from me, I predicted we would finish 10th in the poll on here a few months back. I had more of a laugh reading all the comments about us winning the league, automatic promotion, being too good for this league, having the best squad etc.
  • Options
    No outrage from me, happy to still have a football club that has a chance of being competitive again because its properly run, instead of surviving through a siege mentality. Happy that my son will be able to go to the Valley again next season with the chance of seeing a decent team, and knowing I don't have to explain why it went out of business. 

• Options
    No outrage from me, I predicted we would finish 10th in the poll on here a few months back. I had more of a laugh reading all the comments about us winning the league, automatic promotion, being too good for this league, having the best squad etc.
    I'm outraged that you are laughing at me  ;)
    (And our owner come to that, in resoect of "best squad")

Seriously though, I have no problem admitting that my expectations were high, particularly after the (I thought) shrewd tinkering in the January window.
    Had a little doubt about the centre back situation, but otherwise thought we had procured wisely and released the misfits and bad eggs.
    I confidently expected a measured return to good form and consistency.
    Despite recent performances and results I still harbour thoughts that this squad is a lot better than the results and performances are telling me.
    I'm not outraged, just frustrated, puzzled and disappointed.
    Has Bowyer "lost it"?
    On the face of it yes, but I am not yet certain it is irretrievable.
    Might think differently on Saturday night!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

You're a strange one.

Jaiyesimi is unfairly being treated as a whipping boy when 10 players failed to turn up.
    Several players were not good, JD's choice to not get involved at all and his contribution to the first Burton goal set him out as very much the worst offender.

Turning up, trying and having a mare, happens to all at some point and is forgivable - turning up and not trying a leg is reprehensible - the manager letting you get away with it is nearly as bad.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You forgot a group.
    No pre-season, no team bonding. If it does not count for anything why do clubs do it? Understanding the implications of not doing this led me to believe we would be bang average this season and in danger of slipping into a relegation fight. 
    If we had avoided injuries and a chunk of luck, maybe an outside chance of top six. We haven’t, we aren’t.
    For me, you are the one in denial by believing that a team thrown together after the season had started we’re going to blow every other team away. It is why you are so angry.

I would like to see us settle into a set team and formation based on players we have and want to stay next season. I would include the under 23’s in this. 

You post about 10 times a day calling for Bowyer to be sacked and abuse anyone who disagrees with any thing you say or make a nasty comment. You maybe correct, a new manager may improve performances and results. There is a nicer way to have a conversation though.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You forgot a group.
    No pre-season, no team bonding. If it does not count for anything why do clubs do it? Understanding the implications of not doing this led me to believe we would be bang average this season and in danger of slipping into a relegation fight. 
    If we had avoided injuries and a chunk of luck, maybe an outside chance of top six. We haven’t, we aren’t.
    For me, you are the one in denial by believing that a team thrown together after the season had started we’re going to blow every other team away. It is why you are so angry.

I would like to see us settle into a set team and formation based on players we have and want to stay next season. I would include the under 23’s in this. 

You post about 10 times a day calling for Bowyer to be sacked and abuse anyone who disagrees with any thing you say or make a nasty comment. You maybe correct, a new manager may improve performances and results. There is a nicer way to have a conversation though.
    Show me the last post I said anything about he should be sacked.

Can we please stop all this "thrown together" at the last minute though?  Because it is not true.  We have in fact lost less players than a lot of other clubs in this league.  You need to compare us to the other teams in this league.  Not Manchester United, City or Liverpool.

Of the 11 eleven that started on Tuesday 6 were here last season (so had a preseason, with us, including Matthews), 3 signed in January.  Of the other 2 Shinnie was signed at the end of the window, on loan, as was Cullen, Bielik.  The other player was Watson who had been training with us weeks before he signed (https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/ben-watson-opens-up-on-forest-exit-and-the-key-factors-in-joining-charlton-athletic/) 

Burton signed 9 (Nine!!) players in January. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You forgot a group.

Says the man who 5 games ago said we'd make the play offs and won't lose another game this season.