Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What level of outrage are we at?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Numb
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Numb
    I'm just a bit stunned that LB has been left in charge as the season descends into farce. 
  • Options
    None. I would rather have relegation to the 4th division than Southall et al still having anything to do with the club.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Numb
    I'm just a bit stunned that LB has been left in charge as the season descends into farce. 
    And this loyal hero has no shame. If he was the man he is being painted as, he would walk away rather than blame everybody else bar himself.
  • Options
    Despair.
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    BUMP

Welcome back :)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Just wondering where we’re at this morning having had a night to sleep on the Michael Appleton appointment?

I do find myself often following the furore, even when I’m not exactly sure what I’m mad about.

Truth is, I know next to nothing about MA, so what am I getting all worked up about?

A level of reality needs to check in for me, acknowledging the realities of where we’re at as a club, even if I don’t like it!

Having listened to Appletons and Scott’s interviews, I felt both came across well, bearing in mind the reality of what they’re really prepared to reveal.

I certainly feel more serene about the whole scenario now, that may change of course in the coming days weeks!
  • Options
    I had no chance:

Taken to the den until I was 10 as Dad is a Bermondsey boy, then the valley as he had lived their for a couple of years and then I ended up living in an area surrounded by Palace and Chelsea fans who don't know what division Charlton are in now.

So I have ended up with no one likes me, a train spotter, a depressive clown and we are doomed, Captain Manwaring we are doomed.

Have a nice day 🥴
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fuming!!!!!
  • Options
    I hate everything to do with our lame shithouse club
  • Options
    Very Fuming> Hot. Annoyed. Frustrated. 
  • Options
    Not been this desperate to see a manager sacked since Karel Fraeye.

• Options
    Not really angry so much as tired. I kept nodding off in the second half. Only woke up because of the shouting. 

Terrell Thomas (substitute name for defender of your choice)
  • Options
    He’s doing his best impression of Karel Fraeye.
  • Options
    Get him out!!!
  • Options
    Mine’s off the scale tonight
  • Options
    Ineffectual, boring and negative, but that was the better bits of our play today.
  • Options
    Support is waning now. Beginning to not even care anymore 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like Stig says above... Tired sums it up...

Watched my club for 50 years and I love them to pieces but this season has just been a culmination of the last few dreadful years and it's getting harder to motivate yourself to go to the games.

We've lost our soul, passion and there's no pride anymore. 

If the players don't try then why should we? 

Who's to blame? The Manager? probably, but the players have to take some responsibility too. 

I remember watching Peter Hunt in the 70's... Not a player with stunning ability but he'd run he's socks off, Garry Nelson and John Robinson too would do the same.

I could take losing if there was some effort but we've all been starved of that since Wembley. 

Football used to be that great escape but at the moment it's more of a mental health kick in the head! 

Anyway, still looking forward to Northampton! 

• Options
    Just want Appleton gone. Poor manager and dislikeable. My love for the club will never die but my passion has eroded this season. Over 54 years I have supported CAFC.
  • Options
    Couldn't give two hoots. I carry on with my life the minute the games finished or sometimes like yesterday before the game is even finished.

However, I'd strangely rather be in the very outraged, ruining my weekend camp as it means I still care. I miss the days of a win making my week and celebrating over the top and a defeat giving me the raging hump for days.
  • Options
    edited January 21
    Been watching a couple a Premier League games over the weekend, and the difference is shocking. Not so much the skill levels, which you’d expect, but the work rate. 
    Every player is working his nuts off throughout the game, whether they’re attacking or defending, whether they’re in possession or not. 
    The work rate is far, far more intense than you see at The Valley. As a manager, or as a fan, that’s the least you should expect from your players. 
  • Options
    Couldn't give two hoots. I carry on with my life the minute the games finished or sometimes like yesterday before the game is even finished.

However, I'd strangely rather be in the very outraged, ruining my weekend camp as it means I still care. I miss the days of a win making my week and celebrating over the top and a defeat giving me the raging hump for days.
    Cracking post, although I'm not at the stage of not giving a f***.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    I’m strangely calm about things. I’m desperately keen to see how the new arrivals settle in. The new regime seem to understand what’s needed, so some patience is in order, I believe. For now, January has brought some good signs at last. It’s not ideal, but things have been nowhere near ideal for a lot of years now.
  • Options
    Thoroughly p****** off.
    These three clowns have totally f***** things up in six months.  We know it has been 12 months, I was sat feet next to Charlie boy in the directors box in January for the Portsmouth away game.
  • Options
    Think the Americans who invested will be saying fuck this and we will be in the shit.........they don't like failure and with these idiots running the club that is where we are at