Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Southend 1975 - Big Match Revisited

13»

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    If you think our defending has bad of late, you should have been around in the 80’s. Anyone remember this match ...

https://youtu.be/bzAtO00pVGQ

A couple of familiar faces in the Wednesday team but the state of that pitch. 
    We may have lost (good job for Dowman that there was no CL back then) but what a great penalty save and what a groovy celebration for a consolation goal.
  • Options
     I have a brilliant picture of Kelly heading in the winner at the home end against Gillingham.
    Was it a diving header?
    It was a bullet header by Kelly, cross from the left at the covered end.. Funny it was in the 77th minute just like his goal at Brighton and for more trivia his first goal against Port Vale was in the 88th minute.. I'll take my nerd glasses off now! 
    You want nerd?  As these are both multiples of 11, my question is, how do you tell if a number is divisible by 11?  The sum of alternate numbers is either the same or differs by eleven.
  • Options
    paddycafc said:
    Kelly was stabbed by a girlfriend on more than one occasion during his spell with the club. In order to avoid the bad publicity he was let go. Source my brother in law who played for charlton at the time and was sad to see him go as he was a good player.
    I presume it was the same girlfriend as it isn't a normal occurrence.
  • Options
    We are on again Saturday .

Our 1979 game at Stamford Bridge is the main match .

Watch out for Dick Tydeman's lucky goal .
  • Options
    Today's edition has a lot of indirect Addick interest .

The main match is Chelsea V Swansea . Jimmy Loveridge makes his league debut and a young Colin Pates features and are mentioned by Brian Moore at the start contrasting the age with Ian Callaghan the Liverpool legend who had made his debut at Anfield before either of them were born .

Other future Addicks in the match are John Bumstead and Leighton Phillips . Bumstead in particular plays well .