Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Interesting Crown Woods alumnus

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    WSS said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ŴDOUCHER said:
    Redrobo said:
    _MrDick said:
    Redrobo said:
    Jude Law was at CW briefly.
    I thought he went to Kidbrooke Girls
    I thought we all did!
    he used to go out with my mates wife back then - no relevance to this topic really but.... David Whyte Whyte Whyte was in my year at crown woods 
    What a bastard. What did your mate say? 🙂

Ritchie Bowman was in my year.
    Wiki says Bowman was born 25/9/54 & turned professional March with Charlton March 1973.
    You left school in 1974 aged 20? 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Bowman
    I was born in August 1955.
    My old man went Crown Woods, born November 1955. Nigel Southam if anyone knows him.

He's not that interesting though.
    I was born in 1955, went to Crown Woods, Richie Bowman was in our year, in some of my classes and I was on the same school football team as him, he was one hell of a player then!! Keith Peacock also taught tennis lessons at the school during the summer and taught me........didn't help much never liked bloody tennis!!!
    I must know some of you on here, I was in New House from 66-70, then left without taking any exams and joined The Army!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Do you know Peter Fitzgerald, Glen Searle, Barry Lewis? I was in New House as well.
    Penny Bell, Barbara Shoemaker? 
    Chapman was the Head of House.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Do you know Peter Fitzgerald, Glen Searle, Barry Lewis? I was in New House as well.
    Are they all Shinners as well? 😎
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Redrobo said:
    You're memory is better than mine, I remember Pete Pritchard, Dougie Ward, Peter Tarr, Stephen Treacher, Linda Coxall, Bowman (obviously). Penny's name seems familiar, as does Barry Lewis, but to be honest as I left before any exams and joined up, most of my memories are of my mates in the Armed Forces.
  • Options
    How about Fiona Caldwell, she was bloody stunning!!!
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ŴDOUCHER said:
    Redrobo said:
    _MrDick said:
    Redrobo said:
    I thought we all did!
    he used to go out with my mates wife back then - no relevance to this topic really but.... David Whyte Whyte Whyte was in my year at crown woods 

Wiki says Bowman was born 25/9/54 & turned professional March with Charlton March 1973.
    My old man went Crown Woods, born November 1955. Nigel Southam if anyone knows him.

I was born in 1955, went to Crown Woods, Richie Bowman was in our year, in some of my classes and I was on the same school football team as him, he was one hell of a player then!! Keith Peacock also taught tennis lessons at the school during the summer and taught me........didn't help much never liked bloody tennis!!!
    I must know some of you on here, I was in New House from 66-70, then left without taking any exams and joined The Army!
    The tennis courts were strictly for smoking by the eighties apart from when David whyte decided he would play keep ball against about 5o kids who couldn’t get the bell off him - he was exceptionally gifted with s ball st his feet to a degree that s lot of players who make it as professionals aren’t 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Redrobo said:
    You're memory is better than mine, I remember Pete Pritchard, Dougie Ward, Peter Tarr, Stephen Treacher, Linda Coxall, Bowman (obviously). Penny's name seems familiar, as does Barry Lewis, but to be honest as I left before any exams and joined up, most of my memories are of my mates in the Armed Forces.
    Dougie was a good laugh and I remember all those. Robin Beckham, Les Sayer, Martin Wheel, Nigel Easterling, Clive Bennett, Roger Roudon, Brian Todd, Ian
    Girls Shaun Kelly, Kate Faukham, Steph Woolmark.

What was your name by the way? PMd you.
  • Options
    Pmd back @Redrobo
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ŴDOUCHER said:
    Redrobo said:
    _MrDick said:
    Redrobo said:
    I thought we all did!

New Lifer here. Fan for over 50 years, love the site but finally tempted to join because of the above quote. Nigel Southam might have ended up at Crown Woods but he started at Aske's where he was a good friend of mine. He left after O'Levels.   
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    We drew 1-1 with a last minute equaliser. I was there.
    O'Kane was sent off. It was a Friday evening.
    At the time I was a dickhead student (not a student any longer) and got on the underground at Seven Sisters paying for one stop.
    Crossed the platform at Barking Station to the mainline and at Southend station paid from the one station before.
    After the game hitched back to London, and amazingly was back in Tottenham (where I lived with other students) by around 11.15 pm.
    No segregation btw.
    Tottenham needs segregating nowadays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was at Crown Woods between 87-92 (Dean House) we had a game against Eltham Green that turned into full blown tear up that carried on for weeks! 
  • Options
    I was at Crown Woods between 87-92 (Dean House) we had a game against Eltham Green that turned into full blown tear up that carried on for weeks! 
    thats a lot of extra time, they wouldn't be able to stick that on a board.