Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    How many minutes in total over those 8 games though ?

That’s 5 as a substitute getting onto the pitch and 3 starts but it doesn’t say how long he stayed on the pitch
    212 minutes in total

Wycombe: 17-minutes
    Middlesbrough: 79-minutes
    Luton: 57-minutes
    Barnsley: 16-minutes
    Bristol City: 10-minutes
    Derby: 30-minutes
    Nottm Forest: 3-minutes
    That’s only 7 games...#youonlyhadonejob
  • Options
    I'd give this a go and as others have said take the game to them-:

Amos
    Gunter|Oshilaja|Pearce|Maatsen
    Williams*|JFC |Millar 
           Washington
    Stockley|Schwartz

*Potentially switch Williams for Smyth?

Give Pratley a rest.

Addicks 3-0
  • Options

That’s 5 as a substitute getting onto the pitch and 3 starts but it doesn’t say how long he stayed on the pitch
    212 minutes in total

Wycombe: 17-minutes
    Middlesbrough: 79-minutes
    Luton: 57-minutes
    Barnsley: 16-minutes
    Bristol City: 10-minutes
    Derby: 30-minutes
    Nottm Forest: 3-minutes
    That’s only 7 games...#youonlyhadonejob
    Missed the FA Cup game against Wycombe as it was filtered by competition... Played 90-minutes in that game

He hasnt been in the squad for the last two League games for Preston
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ozaddick said:
    Stockley is match fit, not sure he’ll start,  but I’d bring him in at half time at least. 
    One thing Bowyer has got to stop is making half time subs every game.  All it does is show he got it wrong in the first place. 

Not to mention the impact on the player he takes off.  To be honest it's much worse than being drop, it's almost as bad as subbing a sub. 
    He makes a sub at half time as you can make 5 subs in a game but only make subs in 3 in game occasions.   By doing one at half time it still allows him 3 more occasions.  

Not saying it is right but I am certain that is his thinking.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Madness from Bowyer if he starts Watson and Pratley together in midfield. I’d rather start none of them than both. JFC alongside Morgan or Shinnie for me. Got to have more of an attacking threat in CM. Looking forward to having Aneke, Schwartz and Stockley as our main strikers, main thing missing from them is pace - so even more important we have it out wide. I’d go with Millar and Williams. Smyth’s probably that bit quicker than Williams but I feel he’s less likely to create a chance.
    I think Smyth waits for the ball whereas Williams is more busy and keeps things ticking over better.
  • Options
    What happened to everyone praying for Bows to play players in their positions? So if he plays Gunter where you want him and it goes wrong, do you berate the tactics again?

so strange 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Looking for a 2-0 win, but seem to remember this ref might be a clown.
  • Options
    Swindon play a 4-3-3. which could suit a diamond, but I would prefer a 4-4-2.   
    Caddis is their right back. He is in his 30’s and IMO is a weak link at the back and so I would want Millar running him at every opportunity with Maatsen overlapping.

They do play a narrow centre 3 with the full backs overlapping so we will push them back or they will leave huge gaps down the sides. We could split the front two wider or have Washington dropping into gaps. Morgan’s and JFC passing abilities could just make them starters.

Looking forward to the game.
  • Options

And only one goal scored this season so far.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ozaddick said:
    Stockley is match fit, not sure he’ll start,  but I’d bring him in at half time at least. 
    One thing Bowyer has got to stop is making half time subs every game.  All it does is show he got it wrong in the first place. 

Not to mention the impact on the player he takes off.  To be honest it's much worse than being drop, it's almost as bad as subbing a sub. 
    He makes a sub at half time as you can make 5 subs in a game but only make subs in 3 in game occasions.   By doing one at half time it still allows him 3 more occasions.  

Not saying it is right but I am certain that is his thinking.
    He did it when you could only have 3 as well IIRC. 

How many times have we made a half time sub, or earlier, that wasn't due to a sending off or injury and how many times have the team we are playing?

The only other manager I have ever seen make as many early subs is Jose.  Normally when he is trying to get the sack! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    amos 

matthews
    gunter
    oshalaja
    maatsen

wiiliams
    jfc
    morgan
    millar

schwartz
    aneke

3-0 home win, thank you very much 

Eurgh I feel dirty... Agreeing with the Doucher. 
     Better have a shower

you don't need a shower when you've been douched sonshine - a good douching means you have been mentally realigned and refreshed - if you're thinking the same as me, you are on the right lines and should try and avoid washing until you regress 
    Douche is the French word for shower.

Is that @Doucher , why you always come up smelling of roses? :smile:

the name started as a bit of an insult to duchatalet really, after id stopped posting as bexley dan for some time and couldn't remember my password (that name was based on the fact i'd used a colleague at work's login details - daniels - to set up an account - i was contemplating changing the DOUCHER name now we have got rid of duchatalet but there has been so much history, controversy and 'magic' over the last few year's it would probably be wrong to change it - main reason however is that i can't be arsed.

Anyway, back to the point..... the main reason i always come out smelling of roses oggy,(thanks for noticing), is coz i'm always right!!!!  :)  
    I needed a good laugh this morning. 

Thanks for that @Doucher :smile:

• Options
    Lee has been loyal.......loyalty is everything.  In Bows we trust
  • Options
    A tempting return to the midfield diamond I fancy from Bows today.

Amos
    Matthews Deji Pearce Maatsen
                       Pratley
                 Shinnie    JFC
                     Williams
             Stockley Schwartz

AMB, Gunter, Purrington, Morgan, Millar, Smyth, Washington

But most likely the flat 442, can't see Aneke being involved due to fitness reasons and with Bogle looking like he's off, no spot for him either.

Amos
    Gunter Deji Pearce Maatsen
     Williams Pratley JFC Millar
         Washington Smyth

AMB, Matthews, Watson, Morgan, Shinnie, Schwartz, Stockley

2-1

• Options
    Lee has been loyal.......loyalty is everything.  In Bows we trust
    Except the players and managers we don't like, they can all f*%k off? 
  • Options
    It's a must-win. But we will. 3-1. Pratley, Millar, Aneke. Pearce must be dropped... ideally for a few weeks to rebuild his fitness. If that means Gunter or even Purrington at CB, so be it, but I'd go Deji and Pratley. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Always a first time for everything, usually happens for Charlton
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a win, as we all are, so if I say something completely different then with my warped logic/sick,superstitious mind then we are more likely to get a win.

1-3, Bowyer finally paid off and put out of his misery.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    I'm hoping for a win, as we all are, so if I say something completely different then with my warped logic/sick,superstitious mind then we are more likely to get a win.

1-3, Bowyer finally paid off and put out of his misery.
    I’m calling foul because you’ve got all bases covered 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A tempting return to the midfield diamond I fancy from Bows today.

Amos
    Matthews Deji Pearce Maatsen
                       Pratley
                 Shinnie    JFC
                     Williams
             Stockley Schwartz

AMB, Gunter, Purrington, Morgan, Millar, Smyth, Washington

But most likely the flat 442, can't see Aneke being involved due to fitness reasons and with Bogle looking like he's off, no spot for him either.

Amos
    Gunter Deji Pearce Maatsen
     Williams Pratley JFC Millar
         Washington Smyth

AMB, Matthews, Watson, Morgan, Shinnie, Schwartz, Stockley

2-1

As am I but with Stockley in the side you can’t really play a diamond. You need your strikers to stretch the back line and press the full backs and he’s not capable of that. 

If Stockley plays we’ll need wingers 
  • Options
    Heart says 3-2,but head says 1-2...😬
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Well sort your head out 😉.
  • Options

Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Gunter, Oshilaja, Maatsen; Millar, Forster-Caskey, Pratley, Williams; Aneke, Schwartz.

Subs: Harness, Pearce, Stockley, Gilbey, Shinnie, Washington, Morgan.

• Options
    3-1 us. I like the lineup
  • Options
    OK FA, you were right, Williams to start, I think I will give up trying to guess LB  :)
  • Options
    Good line up that. Another clean sheet with this defence and it needs to only rotate if absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    OK FA, you were right, Williams to start, I think I will give up trying to guess LB  :)
    Got two wrong in my line up so its not an easy thing to try and guess :)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    amos 

matthews
    gunter
    oshalaja
    maatsen

wiiliams
    jfc
    morgan
    millar

schwartz
    aneke

3-0 home win, thank you very much 

Eurgh I feel dirty... Agreeing with the Doucher. 
     Better have a shower

you don't need a shower when you've been douched sonshine - a good douching means you have been mentally realigned and refreshed - if you're thinking the same as me, you are on the right lines and should try and avoid washing until you regress 
    Douche is the French word for shower.

Is that @Doucher , why you always come up smelling of roses? :smile:

the name started as a bit of an insult to duchatalet really, after id stopped posting as bexley dan for some time and couldn't remember my password (that name was based on the fact i'd used a colleague at work's login details - daniels - to set up an account - i was contemplating changing the DOUCHER name now we have got rid of duchatalet but there has been so much history, controversy and 'magic' over the last few year's it would probably be wrong to change it - main reason however is that i can't be arsed.

Anyway, back to the point..... the main reason i always come out smelling of roses oggy,(thanks for noticing), is coz i'm always right!!!!  :)  
    I needed a good laugh this morning. 

Thanks for that @Doucher :smile:

we could do with bexley dan in the midfield now tbh