Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your England Squad For This Summer (vs Romania page 27)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    With our plethora of midfield talent it would be a shame not to base the system around a heavy midfield. I'd go for something like the 3-2-4-1 Johann Cruyff used to play at Barca.

Pickford

Dier Maguire Stones

Henderson Rice

Sancho Grealish Foden Sterling
    Kane
  • edited February 2021
    I have never been a fan of Rashy except from when he burst on to the scene in 2016.

Rashy should go to the Euros, but he goes purely as a squad member for me. Grealish must be ahead of him in the pecking order as would like more creative to supply Kane and Sterling than trying to supply, Kane, Sterling and Rashy.
  • Who is the more advanced (as in up the pitch / close to Kane / Sterling).

Grealish or Foden?
  • Interestingly I was looking on twitter recently regarding Konsa and a number of people are saying he's more important to their defence than Mings - and more assured.  He might be in with a shout

Pickford, for me, shouldn't be starting.  He's far too erratic.  Step forward Popey

For me the midfield is a bit iffy.  Not a fan of Rice or Dier as I can't see what they bring.  Mount is a bit raw.  Foden has to be there though as he is special and with Sterling they have a good understanding.  Grealish will be there but we need to make sure his ego stays in check.

Whilst we have a number of great young players I am  not sure there is enough there as a team to win the thing.
  • Pope
    Pickford
    Johnstone

Trent
    Wan Bissaka
    Walker (can also play cb)

Stones
    Maguire
    Gomez (if not fit then Konsa)
    Mings

Shaw
    Chillwell
    Saka (can also play on the wing)

Rice
    Kalvin Phillips
    Henderson

Mount
    Grealish
    Foden
    Sterling
    Sancho
    Rashford (can also play striker)

Kane
    Calvert Lewin

•                Pickford 

Trent Stones Maguire Chilwell

Henderson

Foden.  Mount  Grealish  sterling 

Kane 

Would something like this work?
    Rashford and Sancho to come on against tiring defence. Rice to come on and stiffen up the defensive side if necessary 

• ---------------Pope
    ------Gomez - Maguire - Stones
    Trent ----- Henderson ---- Chilwell
    ---------Grealish - Foden
    --------------Sterling
    ----------------Kane

• Pickford 
    Trent or James
    Stones
    Maguire
    Chilwell
    Henderson
    Mount
    Foden
    Grealish
    Kane
    Sterling

• Sponsored links:

• I don’t think Rashford has been good enough personally. I’d have Grealish, Sterling, Sancho and Foden infront of him at the moment.
    By what standards are you judging whether he's been good enough?

Rashford has 16 goals in 35 games this season. In his best season (last year) he scored 22.
    Absolutely no doubt he should be going to the euros but I wouldn’t be starting him. I think he’s been too inconsistent this season when I’ve seen him play (I agree the same can be said for Sancho). He’s not performed well against the top sides in the league either. All those mentioned have similar stats, I’m just going on his all round performance.
  • I hope Chilwell doesn’t rot under Tuchel. I know he got the first hour yesterday but Seems like he prefers Alonso.
  • With the attacking options available to us, I really want our defenders to be able to defend and not be bombing forward the whole time. TAA has been poor this season in that respect because his defending has been awful at times and he has been a lot less effective going forward too. Don't want us to play two holding midfielders for that reason and have also become a Mount convert as I think that he's been terrific for Chelsea.

So this would be my starting X1

Pope 

Wan Bissaka/James
    Maguire
    Stones
    Chillwell

Mount
    Henderson
    Foden

Grealish
    Kane
    Sterling

And would bring Rashford on for the last 20 minutes or so, if required, for his pace against tired opposition legs
    I like this team with Wan Bissaka starting, but would substitute Henderson for Rice. Rice is just getting better and better, is younger (so the future) plus being mates with Mount may help. 

I also wonder about playing Shaw since the left sided cb is Maguire. I agree with a previous poster that with the attacking flair available to us that we need solid defenders. There is not such a need for attacking full backs. 

Finally on occasions I'd like to see a 442 up front. The way Kane is playing assisting Son so many times perhaps he could do the same with DCL. The new Shearer/Sheringham maybe. 
  • My England team if I had to pick a starting 11 now: 

Pope 

Wan Bissaka
    Maguire
    Stones
    Chilwell

Henderson
    Foden
    Mount/Rice (Mount in games we are going to dominate, Rice in games we are expected to sit in a bit more)

Sterling/Saka (Sterling if he can show he's capable from the RW position, Saka if not). 
    Kane
    Grealish 

Pope 

Wan Bissaka
    Maguire
    Stones
    Chilwell

Henderson
    Foden
    Mount/Rice (Mount in games we are going to dominate, Rice in games we are expected to sit in a bit more)

Sterling/Saka (Sterling if he can show he's capable from the RW position, Saka if not). 
    Kane
    Grealish 
    I don't watch much of Arsenal but isn't Saka left sided?

If you think Sterling isn't capable at RW (which i'm sure he is, as he can play all across the front 3), then i think Sancho would be a better option.

Pope 

Wan Bissaka
    Maguire
    Stones
    Chilwell

Henderson
    Foden

Kane
    Grealish 
    I don't watch much of Arsenal but isn't Saka left sided?

If you think Sterling isn't capable at RW (which i'm sure he is, as he can play all across the front 3), then i think Sancho would be a better option.
    Saka has moved over to the RW position this season due to Willian not performing. 

Sterling is capable I'm sure but it's whether he's a good fit for the role in a goalscoring sense. 

Sancho hasn't showed enough chemistry with Kane/anyone else to be considered a starter. 
  • All I have to say is: JLINGZ
  • Harvey Barnes should be a starter, at the very least he needs to be in the squad .. Sancho, Hudson-Odoi ?, he's better than both but just doesn't get the same amount of publicity
  • Harvey Barnes should be a starter, at the very least he needs to be in the squad .. Sancho, Hudson-Odoi ?, he's better than both but just doesn't get the same amount of publicity
    Hudson Odoi I agree with. Sancho is finding his form in an underachieving Dortmund side. 4 goals and 4 assists in his last 8 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted for Harvey Barnes, he was certainly staking a claim. Looks like he requires a knee operation after his injury yesterday. 
  • It’s that dreaded time of year when every English players picks up and injury. Henderson out for 10 weeks. Justin ruled out and Barnes now.

• It’s that dreaded time of year when every English players picks up and injury. Henderson out for 10 weeks. Justin ruled out and Barnes now.

Yep. You just know Kane is going to roll is ankle again soon. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Gomez?
    would be lucky to have a career after this summer, another serious knee injury.
  • edited March 2021
    It’s that dreaded time of year when every English players picks up and injury. Henderson out for 10 weeks. Justin ruled out and Barnes now.

That is the fear. 

Personally, I would not swap Sterling and Kane for any two attacking players in world football at the moment. If we can these two on form at the euros. Then it is going to be a brilliant summer.
  • It's a shame that the back up to our injury prone leading man is DCL. Not convinced he'd do much.
  • edited March 2021
    This summer may come too early but won’t be long until Bellingham comes into the reckoning.
  • Croydon said:
    It's a shame that the back up to our injury prone leading man is DCL. Not convinced he'd do much.
    I think he is a great back up tbh. Just think of 2014 when it was Rickie Bloody Lambert!

That is the fear. 

Personally, I would not swap Sterling and Kane for any two attacking players in world football at the moment. If we can these two on form at the euros. Then it is going to be a brilliant summer.
    Completely agree with this, we have such an exciting team this year but first two on the team sheet for me. Saka/ Foden both great talents but hard to fit them in the starting line up, that is saying something, good to have Stones getting games and in good form. Sort the midfield balance out and we have a great chance.