Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    He was, so sad we never got to see his potential.
  • Options
    "he had the lot, but he had a name like a..."
  • Options
    Andy 'Tarzan' Hunt .. now happy in the jungle .. oh how we could do with his like right now .. a terrific, fearless striker .. Lord Llewellyn had a nose for a top class under priced striker, Mendonca, Hunt, Bent .. nice to hear Lord L's reminiscing  
  • Options
    Absolutely loved Andy Hunt. Always remember him doing a radio interview with Mark Mansfield, while Hunty was waiting for his takeaway curry to arrive!
    Great player and by all accounts, a great bloke. 👍🏻
  • Options
    It is sad to think wat he could have gone on to achieve. Wasn't his last touch for us a goal?
  • Options
    It is sad to think wat he could have gone on to achieve. Wasn't his last touch for us a goal?
    Yup, home to Coventry. Subbed off straight after.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

If memory serves, when he's gone back to the bench you can see him say to KP "I'm absolutely fu**ed". Huge shame.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    If you get a chance to see a clip of him coming off after scoring, as he sits down on the bench he says "I'm absolutely fucked".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange as it may seem, Andy wasn’t particularly in love with the beautiful game, to him it was more of a job or temporary career.......rather similar in his thoughts as Claus Jensen.
    He and his wife have for many years owned and run a beautiful environmentally friendly lodge somewhere in the jungles of Belize.......most of you will know that of course.
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    Absolutely loved Andy Hunt. Always remember him doing a radio interview with Mark Mansfield, while Hunty was waiting for his takeaway curry to arrive!
    he was a great bloke, we were lucky enough to have him and his lovely wife Simone at our table at a POTY dinner and they were a lovely couple. They were both interested in what we all did for a living, we all had a shared love of gardening, when the dinner finished and things broke up he insisted on going to get us all a drink first and then when he and his wife went home he made a point of coming to seek us all out and saying goodnight. Such a refreshing change to others players we'd had before. A normal, decent bloke. I think a lot of that stems from having come up from non-league and having had to actually work for a living first.
    Was it worth sharing a table with Golfie for though :wink:
  • Options
    Easily the best touch of any Charlton player I've seen. World class touch. There wasn't a ball he couldn't control in an instant. 

The goals were on top of that and he was getting better with every season in that regard. 
  • Options
    That hat trick in an evening game at the valley, when he wasn't well, amazing. My favourite player of the time.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Easily the best touch of any Charlton player I've seen. World class touch. There wasn't a ball he couldn't control in an instant. 

The goals were on top of that and he was getting better with every season in that regard. 
    Steady on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    3blokes said:
    he was a great bloke, we were lucky enough to have him and his lovely wife Simone at our table at a POTY dinner and they were a lovely couple. They were both interested in what we all did for a living, we all had a shared love of gardening, when the dinner finished and things broke up he insisted on going to get us all a drink first and then when he and his wife went home he made a point of coming to seek us all out and saying goodnight. Such a refreshing change to others players we'd had before. A normal, decent bloke. I think a lot of that stems from having come up from non-league and having had to actually work for a living first.
    Was it worth sharing a table with Golfie for though :wink:
    We were with friends 👫

Edit - just seen Golfie’s post above, can’t remember him being there as didn’t think POTY was his thing but my memory isn’t what it was ....
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Great player. Great song 😀
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Great player. Great song 😀
    He didn’t think much of the song.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Curbs summed him up with not only a good player but a great lad. People forget the importance of a team gelling and getting on, so many like that over the years, we've been very lucky in some respects.

Was very sad when he had to retire, I remember about 18 months later he came back, did some training but was told he'd never make it back as a Pro, that must have been just as hard.
  • Options
    The player I liked the best. I loved that season when we won the Championship, he was awesome.
    The away games when we wore yellow were magic, I can’t remember us losing.
    Yellows, yellows, yellows.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    When Hunt scored those two first half goals at the North Bank end, my Arsenal mate text at ht to say in his opinion Hunt will play for England. Maybe not so far fetched. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    The player I liked the best. I loved that season when we won the Championship, he was awesome.
    I went to every game H&W bar 2 that season, Fulham away as was on Holiday (we lost), Birmingham as was in Germany (we lost), don't recall us losing again away until the last game of the season (West Brom?)
  • Options
    I went West Brom. They had to win to stay up as I remember - we were already Champions. When I saw the team Curbs put out I knew he didn’t have the heart to send them them down.
  • Options
    Loved Andy Hunt as out Ct Forward, great memories of that Championship side, what a tight team that was. 
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    He certainly was. I had a really long chat with him at the dinner to celebrate us winning the league when we returned to the prem. Very humble, asked loads about my life and was genuinely interested in what I had to say. Really decent bloke. 
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    He certainly was. I had a really long chat with him at the dinner to celebrate us winning the league when we returned to the prem. Very humble, asked loads about my life and was genuinely interested in what I had to say. Really decent bloke. 
    As I said above I believe that is because he came into the pro game the hard way and had a normal day job so he appreciated it more and was just a normal bloke.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Two hat tricks in two consecutive away games was a highlight, Stockport and Norwich I think, was at both.
    “thats a superb hat-trick from Andy Hunt”

Mark Mansfield on commentary, and we are tearing that league to pieces.