Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games of football do you watch on average at the weekend?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I watch the rugby on Friday night on BT Sport. On Saturday I catch the early kick off before tuning in to Charlton. On Sunday, I watch the rugby on BT. TBH, I’m not a greater admirer of other teams so I can take it or leave it 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    0, as per @Huskaris but before the pandemic!
  • Options
    Charlton games only.
  • Options
    Do you mean ‘actual watch’ or ‘it’s on but probably spend more time looking at my phone / iPad’ ?
  • Options
    1. Only ever watch us. I have lost interest in any other games as I have got older but still rarely miss our games if at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    At the start of the restart I was watching every Prem game on TV, but after having no football for 3 months and having just broken up with my fiancée after 8 and half years I needed a welcome distraction.

However, I’m getting bored of it now. I’m still watching most games, especially with it being winter and there being nothing else to do in lockdown. But with every game on TV it’s taken the gloss away from it.

As someone else said, I feel a bit guilty if I watch 4 games in a day, but at the same time the housework is all done and I’ve got nothing else to do!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Zero as has been the case for a fair time (always something else more important needs doing and my days of enjoying the prem are years gone), compounded now by no fans which for some reason I just can’t buy into.
  • Options
    Nothing.
    I cannot take football seriously when played in an empty stadium.
    Exactly this for me.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Zero.

Found that my love for football has gone out the window since the pandemic started. It will come back, but I just can't find myself getting excited about it the way I used to. 

Conversely I completely understand why lots of people have been watching every game!!!

And this.
  • Options
    I haven’t watched a game since last season. Nothing at all. Football is more than just two teams playing. Without crowds and the rest of match day traditions it’s just going through the motions for the sake of tv. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you mean ‘actual watch’ or ‘it’s on but probably spend more time looking at my phone / iPad’ ?
    That's a fair point, I guess more thinking its on. Am surprised at the amount of people who say its Charlton or nothing, I do agree it does feel a bit soulless watching without fans.
  • Options
    Always watch Charlton, then watch the English games after that if I'm not doing anything, Sunday again if I'm not doing anything, I'll stick the football on. If its a good game or one I'm interested in then I'll actively watch otherwise it'll just be on in the background 
  • Options

(Just reading other posts makes me realise why my thoughts on football might differ to others as it seems a lot of posters on here (who often berate me) don't watch other matches so may not be aware of how  different managers with different views play the game)
    Happy Bill Hader GIF
  • Options
    Only Charlton, can't get into watching football as a neutral in an empty stadium. Although it's better than nothing. 
  • Options
    I'll generally watch what's on Sky at the weekend, but sometimes I go into self-preservation mode if it's something depressing like Burnley v West Brom. I think I watched everything that was on Sky this weekend just gone apart from the Saints v Villa match, so three matches on the Saturday. I saw 1 goal. Got a bit more joy on Sunday though
  • Options
    Two - Charlton and Hamburg. I don't watch anything else really (maybe snippets of Bundesliga).  
  • Options
    Before the pandemic I only watched Charlton.  Now I watch 3 or 4 games a weekend