Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Right Hammerings

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Unless I'm going mad, one of the first away games I ever went to was at Loftus Road and we got panelled 5-0 or something. Sure it was an evening game, and everyone in the away end was still singing even though we got absolutely battered by what I think was a very good side 
    Lost 0-4 in 81-82....my first Charlton game. QPR got to the Cup Final v Spurs a few weeks later.

Lost 1-5 in 82-83....Barry Little scored for Charlton. QPR won the Division, with Wolves 2nd and Leicester 3rd. 

We were absolutely taken apart in both games. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Unless I'm going mad, one of the first away games I ever went to was at Loftus Road and we got panelled 5-0 or something. Sure it was an evening game, and everyone in the away end was still singing even though we got absolutely battered by what I think was a very good side 
    Lost 0-4 in 81-82....my first Charlton game. QPR got to the Cup Final v Spurs a few weeks later.

Lost 1-5 in 82-83....Barry Little scored for Charlton. QPR won the Division, with Wolves 2nd and Leicester 3rd. 

Artificial pitch in one of those games if I remember correctly 
  • Options
    The biggest hammering I saw was when West Ham beat Sunderland 8-1 in 1965 or so.A friend of mine and his dad were from Sunderland. 
    Sorry it was 8-0
    My mate is a Sunderland fan and was at that match. He swears that Geoff Hurst punched the first goal in and if the ref had spotted it the hammering wouldn't have happened.
    Was your mate David Bell by any chance ?
    No, he is a Tony. Funnily enough I ran into him, completely unplanned, on Wembley Way before the Mendonca play off final. Tony had the class to phone with congratulations later. 
  • Options
    We let in 7 at Brighton & Luton in the 70's.
    Was there for both of those, also remember 5-0 away to Wolves (might have been 5-1) Andy Gray was very good.
  • Options
    There was a game at Spurs during Les Reeds reign we lost 5-1, I was listening on the radio and it sounded like Spurs went home after getting the fifth with about 25 minutes to go, could have got very messy.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Artificial pitch in one of those games if I remember correctly 
    Both on artificial.

1981-82 was the first season they had it. 
  • Options
    Got a good Boxing Day thrashing at West Ham in Premier League 5-0. Think we missed a pen. 
  • Options
    Saw Bolton smash us 5-1 at Burnden Park in 1995 in the pouring rain. David Whyte equalised and then it all went wrong. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Got a good Boxing Day thrashing at West Ham in Premier League 5-0. Think we missed a pen. 
    Couple of days later we went to Maine Road and won 4-1, Jensen scored after Weaver blasted a clearance at him.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Don't remember the pen, but we were lucky to get the nil that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    That was an awful performance - Dad and I drove to Upminster and got the tube down to Upton Park - journey back was bloody awful, in a carriage full of West Ham fans taking the piss (Dad always wore his Charlton scarf and hat, even to away games !!)

I think Trevor Sinclair scored an overhead kick for one of their goals ??
  • Options
    This thread has stirred so many (bad) memories some hidden very deep.  Brighton get mentioned quite a lot over the fifty odd years yet I forgot ... until now ... a 0-4 home thumping by them - then managed by Brian Clough and Peter Taylor. I don’t think we had a chance all game. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    There was a game at Spurs during Les Reeds reign we lost 5-1, I was listening on the radio and it sounded like Spurs went home after getting the fifth with about 25 minutes to go, could have got very messy.
    So did most of our fans.