Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    He seems to have moved on from ‘We’ll blow through League 1’.
  • Options
    If we continue to let in 2 goals a game, we'll need to have the best attack in the division to get anywhere
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Talal said:
    And one of the shittest defences! 😉
    No we haven’t, the heart of it is still on the injury list!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Talal said:
    And one of the shittest defences! 😉
    No we haven’t, the heart of it is still on the injury list!
    Hence the wink. However it's been pretty shit for a while now. Hopefully Famewo gets up to speed quickly. 
  • Options
    To be fair if every League One side lost their 1st and 2nd choice CB's they'd be shit. But once we have Famewo back things do need to pick up or Bowyer will be in a lot of trouble.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    To be fair if every League One side lost their 1st and 2nd choice CB's they'd be shit. But once we have Famewo back things do need to pick up or Bowyer will be in a lot of trouble.
    Imagine Powell’s team in 11/12 if Morrison, Taylor and Cort were all injured and we were stuck with Doherty and Mambo as our CBs.

Saying that you could use short term loans back then which meant cover was usually available.
  • Options
    the way everyone talks about those two defenders coming back it's increasingly sounding like we're waiting on Nesta and Maldini. 
    To us they are!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    To be fair if every League One side lost their 1st and 2nd choice CB's they'd be shit.
    You mean a bit like how Liverpool have been a bit shite themselves without van Dijk or Gomez?

Like others have stressed, just would have been nice had we known about defensive targets rather than just being told we couldnt get anyone

e.g. Similar to how we at the very least knew about Kirk, although playing devils advocate it is disrespectful if that did come out
  • Options
    This best attack in the league needs to start scoring goals then Thomas.
  • Options
    I think hes pretty much spot on however he has backed bows massively now and the excuses will only last so long. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll have to take his word on Schwartz.
    Aneke on one week and out the next won't help either. Like Stockley though
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Tbf we were the highest scorers in the league a week ago and still might be
  • Options
    Doesn't sound like Bowyer is going anywhere in the short term. But it does also very much sound like Sandgaard has at least a few expectations and goals he wants to see met as well.

To me it seems like this season is more about cleaning up the mess TS was left behind the scenes and setting the scene. Summer and beyond will be where Bowyer's place in that gets decided.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    That's not been the problem, it's been keeping them out
    I was referring to the "attack", if you count Bogle's 2 goals we just shade half our total scored by forwards, we rely a lot on midfield scoring which I do not think TS was referring too.
  • Options
    Saying “we’ve now got one of the best attacks in the league” sounds to me like a way of saying let’s see some attacking football.
    100%
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I would guess that Thomas is taking time to watch and see how things develop; the performance of the management team, their motivation and rapport with their playing staff ....... rather than just results.

He'll need to feel things are progressing in the right direction. That something is building.

We are all hoping for the magical 'run' and it may yet happen - there's no reason why not.
    But if we  do miss out on a playoff spot, questions will be asked I'm sure.