Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    You'd hope the loyalty we've shown him this season will get rewarded by him for the next. 

Could see us paying to get him fit, him playing for a couple of months then walking straight out in the summer. 
  • Options
    You'd hope the loyalty we've shown him this season will get rewarded by him for the next. 

Could see us paying to get him fit, him playing for a couple of months then walking straight out in the summer. 
    If we get promoted this season we won't need him for next season. 
  • Options
    By the time Jake becomes available for selection the die will already be cast on our season and the bedrock of our team established.
    It's hard to envisage him making a significant difference, albeit he is a decent player.
    Hard to get too excited about this news
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Surely that's what the 'option' is in there to protect. This is of course assuming that the option is ours to take up?!?
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/im-not-afraid-of-hard-work-charltons-jake-forster-caskey-determined-to-come-roaring-back-from-knee-surgery/

I'm impressed that he has his UEFA B coaching license already, and will next do the A license. 
  • Options
    3 months into an ACL rehab, it's key to keep fit and ensure the new graft becomes part of the body.
  • Options
    Urgh that must be so depressing for him, watching on as the rest train
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't recognise that blue, cloudless sky!
  • Options
    3 months would be ahead of schedule wouldn't it? I suppose that might be until he's back training rather than playing which is how I first interpreted it
  • Options
    If he's three months away then he's on time as he mentioned November / December time at the end of the season
  • Options
    Urgh that must be so depressing for him, watching on as the rest train
    I'd assume he has chosen to put his spin bike out there, to remain part of it all. 
  • Options
    We’ve got a tough start to the season, particularly in August, need to hit the ground running so to speak.
    We hit the ground but unfortunately didn't start running, more like collapsed in a heap and cried for help.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    This podcast has a lot of Charlton players on it
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Its hosted by Kyle Andrews, he's a Charlton fan and does a lot of matchday photography
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    It's made by the chap who takes match day photos I believe.

I seem to remember him discussing/alluding to mental health issues in a post around the time Johnny Williams left the club - so clearly a topic which is important to him.

Not really checked out the podcast yet but imagine it gives a very interesting insight into an area of professional football that is often overlooked. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’ve got a tough start to the season, particularly in August, need to hit the ground running so to speak.
    We hit the ground but unfortunately didn't start running, more like collapsed in a heap and cried for help.
    Didn’t want to like or lol this one, but I was kinda right, unfortunately we haven’t improved in September either, I don’t see Wycombe or Gillingham as easy games either, really hope I’m wrong!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I look forward to this. The Gilbey one the other week was excellent.
  • Options
    Listened to it on my commute today. Jake comes across v well, and was interesting to hear some of his comments towards the end re:getting in the team under Bowyer
  • Options
    Thats awesome for Jake... Well on schedule!!
  • Options
    Good on him. We have missed him this season in the centre of midfield.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Which doesn't say much about our transfer business in the summer. There will be some tough decisions to be made in January, as no way in our submitted squad to the EFL should we add JFC as a midfielder without removing one
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    mendonca said:
    Which doesn't say much about our transfer business in the summer. There will be some tough decisions to be made in January, as no way in our submitted squad to the EFL should we add JFC as a midfielder without removing one
    Schwartz leaving has freed up a space in the squad for JFC. 

We could easily replace Schwartz with an U21 loan from the Premier League and they wont count towards the registration rules, as we've only used four loan slots at present. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Schwartz leaving has freed up a space in the squad for JFC. 

We could easily replace Schwartz with an U21 loan from the Premier League and they wont count towards the registration rules, as we've only used four loan slots at present. 
    Easy in theory but who’s going to loan us a striker who will start as 4th choice in a team who mainly use a lone striker?
  • Options
    badly missing JFC this year, he walks into our side when fit