Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    Is it his or the clubs option for the additional year?

You'd hope it would be ours...
  • Options
    Welcome back JFC. Fully behind you for the season ahead. Hope it’s a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Good news in my opinion glad he has signed!
    Me too, maybe not the most spectacular player but you know what you are getting and by now probably one of our longer serving players so a bit of continuity and experience about the place.
  • Options
    Surging up the Churn Table. COYA!
    That's not churn is it?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Surging up the Churn Table. COYA!
    That's not churn is it?
    Technically it's surging up from churn to non-churn, you're right. 
  • Options
    Really pleased he has signed. Not one that I hoped would move on and proved last year he could be relied upon and turn it on for us.

Hope his rehab goes smoothly and he is back with us sooner than we all think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    No brainer from JFC's point of view surely?

He gets paid (although probably a lot less than he was on) for being injured for 6 months, no other club was going to sign him, he can use the clubs facilities to recover, then if he comes back and does well he'll either get a new deal with us or put himself in the shop window for a deal elsewhere.
  • Options
    Slight muted reaction?
  • Options
    ^^^^^ with knobs on.
  • Options
    Good player on his day , but would rather have had the resources spent elsewhere as he probably won't be available until January  .
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Slight muted reaction?
    Because he's injured it doesn't really matter. No one is fussed about a guy who is of zero use to us for the next 6 months.

Plus I think most people are also well aware he'd likely be long gone (probably to Birmingham) if he wasn't injured, so it's not like he's signed because he loves the club.
    How many players sign for us because they love the club? 
    True but that's not really my point. The point is more that none of us are going to get too excited about a guy who's only signed a contract pretty much because his only other choice was to be unemployed.

Having said that, if he can get back fit then he'll be a decent addition to the team in the new year. He'll be like a 'new signing' come 2022.
  • Options
    Nice lad to have around the club, and had a good season last year, but if he hadn't been injured, probably wouldn't have seen him for dust as he headed out the door, and what's all this he thinks of the club as a "home from home", if that was the case how come he took so long to commit to a contract offer.
    Also, what's this second year option, I really hope it is the club and not JFC, because should Thomass plan of blowing the league away not happen, it will be good bye and thanks for the rehab lads, no, much as I like JFC and want him to get back asap, some of it just sticks in the craw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm guessing he is now on a drastically reduced salary.
    If my memory serves me correctly (big if) when he returned  to the first team after the first ACL he took a long time to regain match fitness and form.
    So I'm not expecting  much of a contribution from him in the coming season.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Slight muted reaction?
    Because he's injured it doesn't really matter. No one is fussed about a guy who is of zero use to us for the next 6 months.

Plus I think most people are also well aware he'd likely be long gone (probably to Birmingham) if he wasn't injured, so it's not like he's signed because he loves the club.
    How many players sign for us because they love the club? 
    How many people go to work because they love their employer? :smile:

How many customers of the employer expect the employees to do it for love?

:smile:
  • Options
    fully fit he's an integral part of the squad
  • Options
    Am I the only one struggling to see what Charlton get out of it? 1 year deal? Additional 12 possibly? 

Will take Jake half the season to recover, then another month or two to catch up with speed?
  • Options

And, of course ....... Jake Dane Forster-Caskey has been given a new contract only because Thomas believes he's a compatriot. :wink:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Am I the only one struggling to see what Charlton get out of it? 1 year deal? Additional 12 possibly? 

Will take Jake half the season to recover, then another month or two to catch up with speed?
    One reason is when we get to the penultimate game of next season the 7 players we have currently in the last year might actually play for us knowing that if the worst happened we wouldn't send them to the glue factory? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Well potentially what we get is a proven player coming into the squad at a time when injuries can start to rack up.