Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

On this day in 1994....Charlton beat @premierleague high-flyers @Rovers

2»

Comments

• Options
    Went by coach, got there close to kick off, fell over wall in haste to get to ground, knees hurt like hell but what a night.
  • Options
    I was reminded that we arrived about 15 mins before KO and managed to neck 3 pints in 10 mins.
    The good old days.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    On the wireless I believe Alan Hansen's exact description of Stuart Balmer was 'he's playing like an international', and if i remember rightly he was very impressed with the use of Carlo as our 'out ball'.
    I was listening that evening cuddling my weeks old new son and praying he wouldn't wake up during the commentary.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    On the wireless I believe Alan Hansen's exact description of Stuart Balmer was 'he's playing like an international', and if i remember rightly he was very impressed with the use of carlo as out 'out ball'.
    I was listening that evening cuddling my weeks old new son and praying he wouldn't embarrass me twenty seven years later on The Chase.
    corrected for you .....
  • Options
    Remember we were inches away from not needing the replay. Kim Grant hit the post at The Valley if I recall.
    Ah Kim Grant. Still laugh at our song for him:-

"Kim Grant, Kim Grant Kimmee Kimmee Grant 
    He thinks he can
    We know he can't 
    Kimmee, Kimmee Grant"
  • Options
    He woke up after the final whistle and actually uttered his first magical words..

...'Jazz Home Studio'
  • Options
    Went to this with a couple of posters from on here. Parked up quite away from the ground and struggled to find the car post match.

The post match story was Stuart Balmer phoning up Darren Pitcher the next day pretending he was Kenny Dalglish and asking if he would care to join Rovers the following season.

Apparently Pitcher fell for it hook, line and sinker.