Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic and AFC Wimbledon no longer facing salary cap curb

Comments

• Options
    Pity didn’t happen before transfer window closed! 
  • Options
    Right. Where's that list of unattached top players?
  • Options
    Gallen probably on the phone to free agents as we speak 
  • Options
    dmjn said:
    Gallen probably on the phone to free agents as we speak 
    Assuming he can get off the phone to agents calling in!
  • Options
    More likely we make permanent signings from our loans if the cap is now removed.
  • Options
    If we can get Stockley, Shinnie and at a push Akin on perms that would be great.

Maybe even a really cheeky bid for Millar as he is obviously never going to get in the Liverpool team and I assume they only gave him a new contract to ensure they get a fee.
  • Options
    About time this has happened.
  • Options
    I'm sure this rule change applies to more than Charlton and AFC :-)
  • Options
    should never have been in place .. been proved today it was illegal and broke rules concerning people right of movement .... EFL massive cock up but it badly affects us because we could be spending another season at this level because of it .. Can the club take legal action of its own now ?

• Options
    should never have been in place .. been proved today it was illegal and broke rules concerning people right of movement .... EFL massive cock up but it badly affects us because we could be spending another season at this level because of it .. Can the club take legal action of its own now ?

I wouldn't think so as all clubs had the same rules to follow. In the purely legal sense, we were not affected any worse or more than anyone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

EFL cock up? Surely not, when do they ever make mistakes.........

Shame the people reviewing this weren’t the ones reviewing the Wednesday debacle the EFL presided over. 

• Options
    Announce Messi
  • Options
    Excellent news and hopefully eases up people's slight panic to get promotion now or never. We are a huge club in league 1 and with a stable owner and manager we will be seen as a good challenge for ambitious players imo
  • Options
    Great news although if we don't get promoted trying to attract the likes of Stockley & Famewo will still be tough. 

Seems I've been right all along & might just as well ignored it. Knew it would be deemed illegal or unlawful and glad the PFA challenged it - although once again it's taken 6 months for an arbitration panel to sit & judge on this. 
  • Options
    For all you crazy cats expecting us to spend big on free agents these are the ones available that most recently played for English league clubs down to League 1:

PREMIER LEAGUE:

playerNat.AgeOut-of-contract sinceMarket value
    Oumar NiasseOumar Niasse
    Centre-Forward
    Senegal30Jul 1, 2020£2.25m
    Phil Ofosu-AyehPhil Ofosu-Ayeh
    Right-Back
    Ghana
    Germany
    29Aug 22, 2020£270Th

CHAMPIONSHIP

Jazz RichardsJazz Richards
    Right-Back
    Wales29Jul 1, 2020£450Th.
    Michael CroweMichael Crowe
    Goalkeeper
    Wales
    Norway
    25Jul 1, 2020£90Th.
    Gregor ZabretGregor Zabret
    Goalkeeper
    Slovenia25Feb 3, 2020£68Th.
    Jacob Gardiner-SmithJacob Gardiner-Smith
    Defensive Midfield
    England23Jul 16, 2020£45Th.

LEAGUE ONE

George ThorneGeorge Thorne
    Defensive Midfield
    England28Aug 1, 2020£450Th.
    Josh ClarkeJosh Clarke
    Right-Back
    England26Oct 5, 2020£270Th.
    Michael DoughtyMichael Doughty
    Central Midfield
    Wales
    England
    28Sep 12, 2020£225Th.
    Tafari MooreTafari Moore
    Right-Back
    England
    Jamaica
    23Jul 1, 2020£180Th.
    Danny RoweDanny Rowe
    Left Winger
    England28Jul 1, 2020£135Th.

• Options
     Now sue the useless pricks...
  • Options
    Didn't George Thorne used to be good? 
  • Options
    Unfortunately Dodoo has signed for Wigan  :)
  • Options
    There’s a couple of right backs there.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Had a really bright future... Terrible record with injuries though, would be another Lewis Page sadly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Diego Costa and Daniel Sturridge are out of contract
  • Options
    Wonder if we could have kept bold of Doughty had this been announced earlier.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Had a really bright future... Terrible record with injuries though, would be another Lewis Page sadly
    Signing tomorrow then? 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Don’t want any free agents, I want us to be working on bringing the right people for next season, nice and early for the summer.
    You can do both, and renew contracts at the same time. 
  • Options
    You can, I just don’t think they’ll be the right people long term, and to be honest with the possible exception of a centre back, I can’t see who you, realistically, bring in now as a free agent who’ll improve the squad.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    RC_CAFC said:
    You can, I just don’t think they’ll be the right people long term, and to be honest with the possible exception of a centre back, I can’t see who you, realistically, bring in now as a free agent who’ll improve the squad.
    The way Gallen was speaking about it they obviously have some one or something in mind. 

We need to get 2 or 3 contracts for next season sorted sooner rather than later, even if it was 2 or 3 out of Shinnie, Stockley, Amos, Aneke and JFC.  All 5 would be handy else your looking at 15 plus 5 loans before you start. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I'm sure this rule change applies to more than Charlton and AFC :-)
    Shhhhh ..... don't tell the rest of them!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    The way Gallen was speaking about it they obviously have some one or something in mind. 

We need to get 2 or 3 contracts for next season sorted sooner rather than later, even if it was 2 or 3 out of Shinnie, Stockley, Amos, Aneke and JFC.  All 5 would be handy else your looking at 15 plus 5 loans before you start. 
    Agree, think that’s far more the priority. I am really happy with the balance of the squad at the moment and I don’t want us just to go get someone because we can. I would never expect that if Bowyer or Gallen though to be fair.
  • Options
    Excellent! 

This is great news, this'll be the difference for us, now we can actually start to build properly.