Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Lifers in these photos...

I have been sorting boxes of stuff out from my late mother’s house, and found some photos my Dad took on the day we returned to the Valley vs Pompey - I can’t remember ever seeing them before - there are lots of the players on the pitch and the former players congregating at the bottom of the West Stand, and also a photo that Dad clearly asked Killer to pose for behind the West Stand

Anyway, he also took these 3 photos - I am the handsome chap in the burgundy coat buying a programme - however can anyone else see themselves in the photos, or recognise anyone - the picture in the stand is the West Stand

Apologies for the pic quality - I took them on my IPad 

Comments

• Options
    Looks like @lordflashheart in the third pic
  • Options
    Very good

I recognise the bloke standing behind me (with what looks like a sausage roll) from Shithurst Park - he sat not far from Dad and I in the Arthur Waste stand
  • Options
    The bloke in the reddish coat, third in the queue for a programme is passable for me now, but as I was only 13 at the time it's not me. 
  • Options
    Very good

I recognise the bloke standing behind me (with what looks like a sausage roll) from Shithurst Park - he sat not far from Dad and I in the Arthur Waste stand
    Think that's Mike Sommers.

Last I heard he was a pit boss in Kuala Lumpur.
  • Options
    I can see my Dad, my sister and me in the West Stand picture. Mum was there too, but she's either hidden behind Dad or in the loo...
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I can see my Dad, my sister and me in the West Stand picture. Mum was there too, but she's either hidden behind Dad or in the loo...
    Is your dad called George?
  • Options
    What about these? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    _MrDick said:

Me 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't care who is in the photo with Clive and Sasa, all I know is that it is a great photo and how come I've never seen it before? 
  • Options

The two classic hats. 
  • Options
    gutted i never went to the parade through woolwich - somehow didn't know it was happening
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    gutted i never went to the parade through woolwich - somehow didn't know it was happening
    I remember finding out and we shot down there, was fantastic. 

I have the book and it’s got loads of pics in. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    DOUCHER said:

i was at work in central london when i found out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:
    DOUCHER said:

which book? there have been so many over the years - don't remember seeing one with victory parade pictures
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    _MrDick said:

Why are you googling ‘coronavirus in my arse’?
    🤣🤣 Area ... Its Corona virus in my AREA
    Of course it is. Righto.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    robroy said:
    DOUCHER said:

which book? there have been so many over the years - don't remember seeing one with victory parade pictures
    From Blackheath to Wembley
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    robroy said:
    DOUCHER said:

https://biblio.co.uk/book/welling-wembley-souvenir-monday-may-25th/d/326749703?aid=frg&currency_id=2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9YLX-7rm7gIV8BkGAB2nKQXAEAQYDSABEgIknPD_BwE?dcx=326749703
  • Options

I'm in this picture but my face is covered by the cross bar!
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    robroy said:
    DOUCHER said:

Welling to Wembley ain’t it?! Or was that a joke!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    robroy said:
    DOUCHER said:

@paulsturgess no idea why i thought Blackheath!
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

I'm in this picture but my face is covered by the cross bar!
    I was at this game but in the Arf-hour Wait
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    robroy said:
    DOUCHER said:

I was always puzzled by the title thinking why not from Charlton to Wembley and it was years later I realised it probably referred to Pre Season game at Welling to final game Wembley 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    robroy said:
    DOUCHER said:

I was always puzzled by the title thinking why not from Charlton to Wembley and it was years later I realised it probably referred to Pre Season game at Welling to final game Wembley 

Charlie Connelly (I think) made a joke about the follow up book about our European Cup win being called Plumstead to Paris.  Alliteration, ain't it