Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Gillingham | 13th Feb 2021: Game on!

Comments

• I really do wonder would an u23 do better at CB for us? Even someone with an ounce of pace would make us less exposed defensively.
  • Defensive shambles again. We just don’t learn. 
  • Impotent beyond belief, with pointless Passing along the back.

our football has turned to just lumping it forward and just losing out on the second ball
  • We had a really good spell early on, despite the 32 second goal conceded. Hit the woodwork twice, and cause lots of problems.  Then they start to sit back and let in a wonder goal.  Uphill struggle yet again.  Defence looks poor bar Purrington, midfield is week, and Stockley giving away too many fouls.  Aneke and Millar looking very good, but it's not enough...

Need to get control second half, and get level then push on with the defence doing better please.
  • Gillingham are such an anti football team, doesn't surprise me under Evans. Annoyingly we haven't been much better so far
  • I have no idea why but teams do seem to score worldies against us. Still confident we can turn this around though 
  • At 0-1 we were being quite direct, hitting Stockley and Aneke early and it was working. Since going level we’ve been passing the ball around 50 yards from goal and going no where. Need to get back to utilizing the physical presence we have up front. We’re definitely better than this lot but we’re our own worst enemies as usual. Midfield has lost something since JFC went off as well. Shinnie is a good player but will never bring the same energy that JFC does. I’m surprised Smith didn’t come on because Shinnie was playing well on the right. 
  • We look ok going  forward but every time the opposition wins possession they look like scoring. 

Been the same for some time now..
  • Sponsored links:

• Smith on for Shinnie and see what the boy can do. Three attacking midfielders can't work with our crap defence. Maybe even Watson for Shinnie would be an improvement.
  • Thought we played very well before JFC went off, bar the opening 40 seconds. 
  • Does not feel like a game for Stockley this. We've created good chances when the balls been played along the floor, and nothing really with anything aerial.

I'd argue we've got close to our strongest side out there so not sure what else we can do to change it up. Ronnie on and try and get it into our wingers.

There has to be a correlation between our poor closing down and the fact opposition always score worldys against us. It's getting silly now. 
  • Hate this fixture.
  • I think there is more chance of a Valley Gold draw winner being coming from anywhere but Kent than the boys coming back in this game! 
  • Stockley having his worst game for us so far.

No luck in front of goal but awful defending at times.
  • Might as well go 424 if we haven’t scored before the 70th. 

We can defend for shit so at least have a go.
  • We are so frustrating! 
  • I think we have a gypsy curse on us.

• Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:
    Impotent beyond belief, with pointless Passing along the back.

our football has turned to just lumping it forward and just losing out on the second ball
    Boring boring wum
  • We don't like teams running at us and need to close down far quicker than we do.
    Going forward we look ok but can't keep expecting to score 3 goals every game to win it's ridiculous!
  • We look shite. That's all.
  • Maybe there was some confusion in the dressing room when Bowyer told the players it should be hard to get a win at The Valley
  • Are we just going to keep Darren Pratley on because he has 'presence', then? 
  • I’m confident we will win - we have the better team - I do believe that
  • Pretty sure the pitch has re-frozen
    Bowyer has hired a snow machine to cover the pitch at half time
  • edited February 2021
    jakecafc said:
    We are so frustrating! 

Meaning of frustrating in English:

frustrating

Pronunciation /frʌˈstreɪtɪŋ/ 

ADJECTIVE

• Charlton causing annoyance or upset because of an inability to change or achieve something.

More example sentences
      • ‘it can be very frustrating supporting Charlton Athletic'
  • I do question the number of goals from outside the box Amos has let in
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!